Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:46:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 44
  Print  
Author Topic: Important Life Events  (Read 239569 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Nonni
Site Santa!

Who would Nonni rather kiss? Naughty Nonni!

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: January 24, 2010, 08:27:27 pm »

Precious, Darlin' Dasi!!  Thank you for sharing your Joy. This is monumental. I knew the girls would be estatic. It is so important how this is a Family event, not just a Dasi event. I will be praying for your health and the babies safety. God is blessing you and yours.

Isaac Newton defined tact as "the art of making a point without making an enemy."
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 24, 2010, 11:14:03 pm »

Don't worry Senko, Daemian is fine. He's just used to having you all to himself so it's all just part of adjusting.

Try fitting in some "just Mommy and D time" among the craziness of the day if you can. It's hard I know but it may provide some relief. If you do that once per day (when you're up to it, don't stress) and B does it while you and Rosalia rest, it  could really help.  I say this knowing how alike our spouses seem to be at goofy moments, lol so good luck wink. I'm so happy for you.

YAY Thanks Nonni Hug.  Yes the whole family being thrilled is really a boost.

On a serious note my neighbor's little girl came over the day after I came home bearing the flu. She had heard and wanted to join in the excitement. I don't know how but I could tell almost immediately that she was ill, so I managed to get my spouse to let her parent know (keeping my distance) & sent her home. They had played outside before I saw her. My youngest has been burning up with fever since yesterday.  Her sister has other symptoms but no fever so far.  Your prayers, well wishes and warm thoughts are appreciated.

They've been in bed and maintaining some distance, but my spouse had to work all weekend.  I've had a migraine all day & a bit of a sore throat so I'm going to see a doc w/ the girls, if my spouse is up to driving when he gets home. They'd all had both flu shots (neighbor's daughter too) months ago (swine & seasonal) but procrastinating me got no shots at all, so keep me in your thoughts.

As always, I'm hoping for the best  cool

Sims by Dasi:

Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #197 on: January 24, 2010, 11:33:46 pm »

Oh man! That's no good! I hope you don't get sick, and the kids get better soon!

Find me on moonlight <3
SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 25, 2010, 12:44:04 am »

Quick! Drink some honey and chamomile tea and eat something with garlic in it for an extra immune boost. Perfectly safe for both you and the baby.

Thanks for the advice Paden and Dasi. I'm sure Daemian will get back to his own self soon. He has gotten steadily better, but he seems so tender-hearted lately. He does things that he knows he shouldn't on purpose, but as soon as I barely scold him (without even yelling) he bursts into tears. I have been calling him over to me lately and telling him, "Bub you know I love you, right?" and he will say "I you" which means I love you too. I make sure to give him plenty of hugs and kisses, but I also don't coddle him when he's being bad. I just try to explain to him why he shouldn't do things.

Brandon is thinking of starting up a daddy/son day with D. His friend Nick, who has 8 kids (3 that are in his custody) said he did it with his son when his youngest boy was born and it worked, gave daddy and little boy some time to have fun together.

Let He who is without sin...kick the first arse.

My Girls: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,108744.0.html
My site: http://voodoonightmares.freeforums.org/
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 25, 2010, 02:22:23 am »

The spousal unit is supposed to call before coming home tonight, so I'll put in the tea & garlic request.  I usually keep honey around so I should have some, thanks for the suggestion.  My only problem now will be getting the spouse to remember the two things on the list.
Giggle

Now that I think of it I'd better not say "tea & garlic" so close together before he goes off looking for chamomile & garlic tea, and comes home empty-handed...sad but true.

Sims by Dasi:

Nonni
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 25, 2010, 02:42:59 am »

heh heh heh  rolleyes

Isaac Newton defined tact as "the art of making a point without making an enemy."
SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 25, 2010, 02:54:46 am »

There actually is a such thing as garlic tea. It's absolutely foul and it burns your mouth. It's used for sick people to drink and it instantly works wonders if you can gag it down. It's more like a broth than a tea...so if he comes home with that in hand, mix it with a soup or something, don't drink it plain. Just ask him to pick you up some Italian food and chamomile tea. Italian food is usually packed with garlic...but then again it is also packed with oregano, which is linked to miscarriages in large doses.

My husband actually remembered the two things on the list this morning. I asked him to pick up water and dish soap and he did it! The first try. I was so proud.

DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 25, 2010, 03:44:52 pm »

Hug2 Senko aww I'm proud too.  No worries about mix-ups last night...he forgot to call Laugh2.

*sighs* Of course you & B have just given me hope for success with tomorrow's list.

Sims by Dasi:

SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 25, 2010, 03:55:15 pm »

You're so lucky, Dasi. You and your man have been together a long time and the two of you are happy and in love. B and I have been together for three years, and no one really has any faith in us. My mom doesn't believe in marriage (because two of hers failed) and wasn't happy for us. She says she hopes we will be together forever like we think, but she really doesn't. She's just waiting for us to fail so that she can be right about how "marriage doesn't work, and the people that have been married for a long time just force themselves to be together because they aren't actually happy anymore."

It's really sad sometimes. When I told her that B and I were engaged (which I admit was very early in our relationship) she said that we probably wouldn't even speak to each other in ten years. B and I promised each other we would make ten years, just so we can get pictures taken of us, put them in a card and send the card to my mom with a "You were wrong." message embossed in gold across the cover. We have two kids together, and we really do love each other. We make each other laugh and we are happy to be together. I wish she would just get it through her head that our marriage isn't a joke and it isn't something either of us will walk away from at the slightest problem.

On a happier note, how are you feeling? Getting plenty of rest?

Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 25, 2010, 05:05:48 pm »

When you make it ten years, send her a shot of the two of you flipping her the bird. When it's twenty, send her another shot of the two of you flipping her the bird while you wear Groucho Marx glasses with mustache and eyebrows. Keep it up every ten years, with a message that says, "Nyah, you were wrong!"

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 25, 2010, 05:15:40 pm »

Hehe, that would be funny. Just get sillier and sillier every ten years. I wonder how man 10 year cards I'm going to be able to make.

Usually I get along with her really well, but this is really just cruel of her to act like that. Her marriage failed with my dad because she let it, and because she let her own mom stick her nose in where it shouldn't have been (according to dad). I am not going to make the same mistake with my mom and my marriage. The first year Brandon and I were together, we almost split up because she was getting too far into our business and causing a lot of tension. Ever since I told her nicely to butt out, me and B have been fine. Sure, we have our arguments, but every couple in the world does. That's what makes married life work, you argue and then you make up, instead of walking away.

To be fair though, the end of the second marriage wasn't her fault. My step-dad was a four letter word. I prayed for them to split up every day that they were together (and it took over a decade). He was a horrid person and she was never happy being married to him. It was obvious.

DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 25, 2010, 06:50:18 pm »

Senko honey, I know how you feel. It's all how you look at marriage and my first hard lesson was that no marriage is "perfect". Second lesson was don't look for your family members to be happy for you--well not all of them anyway.

That's why I like the "dumbest things your SP/SO has ever done" thread as well as threads like this one because you get to commiserate without judgment.

Really some of those things can drive you bonkers! Just laughing about them with folks going through similar situations gives you a chance to lighten up and see the humor in it (it also lets you see your spouse is not the only absentminded professor out there Grin.

All that sorrow I had last year (4 deaths & health problems) really made me take a hard look at the issues I allow to bring me down.  I see so many family arguments (most of which were/are just plain dumb) now as a huge waste of my time.  I simply called everyone after my brother's death and said:

"I just want you to know I love you but I'm not listening or getting included in any more family drama, it's not worth my time. If you want to chat about yourself or your kids, life, fun etc., call me--I'm here for you.  If you wish to rant, bicker, or criticize me, let me warn you: I won't tolerate it. I have a dial tone and i'm not afraid to use it"

At that time my mom was still alive. When I told her (that I was telling everybody else that) she laughed and said "Good! I hope they listen."  The irony is as the baby of the family I'm rarely involved in any of the disputes, I just get the earfuls of drama. Of course as the last child, I also got the most critiques on marriage, mothering, etc. although not from my mom or dad.

I've found that people don't care when they stress you out. After the moment is gone while you're stressing over it for weeks, they've had their laugh and forgotten about it.  In the grand scheme of things you have to decide if it's worth your time to waste on stressing. The good thing about feeling ill, or being in pain (or nauseous) is I have little patience with drama and am driven to ignore idiots (older and wiser does that too).

I think you and B are just fine. You guys are the only ones who determine your outcome. Don't wait ten years though, start sending the cards at five  Evil. That way you'll have double the fun.  YAY

Sims by Dasi:

SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 25, 2010, 07:15:40 pm »

Thanks Dasi. It's just so sad that she can't put her own screw-ups away and be happy for two people that love each other. It's my right as an American adult and I want to take advantage of it. It's weird, Brandon's mom has had FOUR failed marriages and a whole bunch of failed relationships, but she was still happy as could be for us when we got married. She said she liked me and she knew that Brandon was making a good choice with choosing me for his wife. I would never intentionally do anything to harm him, and I know he would never do anything to harm me. For some reason, my mom thinks that B has this dark evil side and that one day he is going to just take everything from me and leave. He loves me, and would never do that, especially since taking from me would be taking from his kids, whom he loves even more. It's obvious that he cares for me. He busts his butt day in and day out to take care of me, doesn't ask or expect me to work and all of that. She just needs to see that we are good for each other.

Speaking of stupid SO moments, Brandon Lee did one just today. I need to post it up.

DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 09, 2010, 09:28:18 pm »

Hi everyone, bit of sad news today. My oldest girl (10 yrs) was admitted to the hospital last night. They're still running tests but it looks like a liver infection.  We don't all the answers yet, please keep her in your thoughts this next week. I appreciate it.

Sims by Dasi:

Nonni
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 10, 2010, 01:36:49 am »

Bless you, Dasi, I will be praying for your daughter and for all your family.
Hugs from Nonni

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 44
  Print  

Jump to: