Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 05:38:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 44
  Print  
Author Topic: Important Life Events  (Read 241756 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Nonni
Site Santa!

Who would Nonni rather kiss? Naughty Nonni!

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: February 27, 2010, 05:34:19 pm »

I found a live feed from Hawaii at this link:
http://www.kitv.com/video/22691778/index.html

Right Now they seem to think it is it is not as bad as they expected but they say they will not say for sure. They are waiting for the 3rd wave but they say that the tsunami effect will circle the island for several hours. They are really hoping that there will be no significant damage. They think they may have "dodged the bullet" this time but will not say for sure.

Isaac Newton defined tact as "the art of making a point without making an enemy."
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 27, 2010, 05:46:15 pm »

I updated my links (apologies for missing them the last time) It should be noted that the other channels are stressing stronger views in contrast to KITV who really appear nonchalant about it.

True it may not be much yet (and I hope) will pass with little damage; Still one county representative has asked that the news not lighten this as tourists returning to beach areas /surfers, etc pose serious problems for officials trying to keep order and minimize casualties.  Then of course KITV (one of my favorite stations, btw) airs from Oahu which is the third or fourth island in line to receive impact, if any, so that could be why the effects aren't seen as seriously there yet.

It's currently 12:45 pm & civil defense is still on high alert.  Thanks for watching over us folks, (hugs Nonni & Paden Smiley ).

P.S. Nonni you are so adorable in that pic! Don't feel bad Raven I feel the same about my kids pics though I love seeing others on here. I'm just internet wary. Congrats to you Auntie Raven.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 05:56:25 pm by DaSpecial1 » Logged

Sims by Dasi:

Nonni
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 27, 2010, 05:56:58 pm »

I am seeing people going down to the beach with their Children!!! The experts say you cannot predict what the energy in the water will do. I see surfers and swimmers going into the ocean. Hopefully, God will protect them.

I see what you mean about the nonchalance of that station. They are giving a false impression of the possible danger.

Isaac Newton defined tact as "the art of making a point without making an enemy."
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 27, 2010, 06:18:11 pm »

It true the police have had to circle and clear the beaches several times.  It's sunny and warm on most of the islands so even seeing the drastic water recessions looks picturesque. Mind you even with the huge receding lines, (visible on all the other channels) the water may surge back in slowly causing little or no noticeable damaging effect., which is a good thing.

The downside is when the islands prepare (like they are required to) for serious impact  and newscasters take a "much ado about nothing" approach and then little or nothing occurs-- it can lead visitors/tourist and even some islanders to think "ah it was nothing" and make it worse to get folks to listen should aftershocks cause sudden impact damage, or even take other warning events lightly.

I've been amazed and very relieved to see the water retact to the bottom (over the past two hours) repeatedly and then surge in slowly instead of rushing back. Imagine seeing the ocean floor you've never seen exposed in areas where you fish or swim!   Color me relieved when this is all over, but there is no way to see that and not brace for impact.Wink.

I'll be considering those who lost their lives in Chile & Argentina (who was just hit with an earthquake as well) as we ride out the rest of this alert...my thoughts go out to all the families affected in those countries.

Update:

All clear has been issued now as the areas with the worse incidences of recession have seen the water return slow and steady.   As Hawaii is my home so this issue has been foremost in my mind, thank you for hanging in there with us.

Chile and its residents are still picking up the pieces after this tremendous quake. Godspeed to all those who need assistance during this crisis.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 06:55:54 pm by DaSpecial1 » Logged

Sims by Dasi:

Nonni
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 01, 2010, 12:21:55 am »

Prayers are being answered. Thanks for update, Dasi! XXXOOO from Nonni

Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 01, 2010, 02:22:28 pm »

I am so glad Hawaii wasn't hit by any serious damage and that you are safe, Dasi. Still, Chile ... Sad

Anyway, guys, I haven't been around much lately but it's because we found out my father has colon cancer that has spread to his liver and he's been battling that, and now this morning our dog, Kody, who was only 8 years old, died suddenly. It's been a really, really terrible few months.  Cry

My other ride is a chocobo.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 01, 2010, 02:38:40 pm »

Ah, hon, so very sorry to hear that things went into the toilet for you, very sorry indeed. I'll be keeping your dad especially in my thoughts, for some reasons that are too personal to get into here because people being people, they just don't wanna hear it. We're here for you when and if you need us, don't hesitate to reach out, hear me?

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 01, 2010, 04:07:55 pm »

Naria, I'm so sorry to hear about what's happening. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts as well. I'll second what Paden said regarding reaching out to us if you need the support. A lot of  us understand, in our own way, what you are going through.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 04:28:20 am by caffeinated.joy » Logged

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 01, 2010, 10:47:27 pm »

Bless you Naria and please know that you and your family are in my thoughts. I third Paden (& Joy) in that many of us are dealing with the similar issues concerning our parents & family and are trying hard to deal with them--it just gets to hard to share at times especially when the tragedies come in waves and people seem to lose interest.

Our pets mean everything to us and I know this sudden loss has got to be awful for you.  Rest in peace, Kody.  

I wish you much strength in facing your Dad's crisis with him and offer you a listening ear if you need one.

Sims by Dasi:

Nonni
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 02, 2010, 12:49:19 am »

Naria, I was so sad to hear of your troubles. My precious puppy dog helped me through many trials. I will be praying for your father and you and your family.
Hugs from Nonni

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #250 on: March 02, 2010, 07:22:13 pm »

I held my nephew for the first time today, and the little cutie fell asleep in my arms (while his big brother was running around, playing his own invented airplane games with my mom - when she was not taking pictures, that is...). Think he slept there for at least half an hour or so, before my brother took them both home. I really hope I'll see some more to them before my vacation is over.
When his big brother was born (4 1/2 years ago), I don't think I ever changed a diaper on him (yeah, poop diapers grossed me out back then...), but it didn't bother me at all now. Even milk burps landing on my t-shirt only produced a little smile (instead of running to the bathroom right away). I even surprised mom and my oldest nephew with fresh baked buns (My nephew's comment was something like "auntie baked buns? All alone???"  Grin. Not the first time I did it, of course, but it's not often I get the chance to bake anything at home).
Still, I guess I've managed to grow up a bit lately...  Undecided
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 07:30:39 pm by theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Nonni
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 02, 2010, 07:27:26 pm »

My nephew's comment was something like "auntie baked buns? All alone???"

Raven, this news so sweet and cute. Thank you for sharing. Congratulations on maturing.
Hugs from Nonni

DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 04, 2010, 02:40:29 am »

Raven it's so nice to see you experiencing all the joys of being an Auntie Smiley.

Update Cheesy:
I found out yesterday that my daughter's blood work is finally all healthy and her liver is completely back to normal. She has just returned to school and is doing well.  It's been scary and we were told the bacteria (which still hasn't been identified) most likely came from our water supply.

We were renting and had used a purifier, as we were never happy with the water here--but now are totally on bottled water.   You just can't filter everything out of a bad supply (a reminder that some misgivings should never be ignored).  Thankfully we'll be moving soon.

Thank all of you for your kind wishes, prayers and quiet support.

Sims by Dasi:

Nonni
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 04, 2010, 03:02:11 am »

Dasi,

Thanks for the good news! It makes me so Happy.

from Nonni

hawnsimmer
ilysvdmmr
Site Santa!

Smile!

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 05, 2010, 10:00:00 am »

Tiffany...as I had told you the first time you told me of dad, my prayers have been with you and yours. So is my love.

Dasi...Great news!!

My move from Hawaii to Indiana has been natural, as though I have always been here...where I belong.

Live Laugh Love
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 44
  Print  

Jump to: