Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 02:46:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 44
  Print  
Author Topic: Important Life Events  (Read 239592 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
mizer
Evil Cold Giver
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: March 25, 2010, 07:58:01 am »

^ your having a kid?... Congrats I hope you got enough dippers!
Well for me I guess its not as happy! I have really bad health issues and of late they seem to be getting worse! Like yesterday I became highly forgetful and its starting to worry me! but on a lighter note I'm passing all my collage classes with a B  Grin
SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 25, 2010, 09:08:36 am »

14 weeks, eh? Not much longer until you get to find out the baby's gender, if you plan on doing that. Personally, I have no patience and hate surprises, so I couldn't wait to find out my kids' genders...though I already knew what I was having each time through instincts and dreams. Are you getting any idea of what the baby might be? I'm leaning toward a little boy for some reason.

Both of my kids are doing well. Rosie got her first vaccines Tuesday. She was very brave. Only cried when they poked her, and stopped as soon as it was over. She's a tough little bird. She smiles at me all of the time. I'll have to upload a picture of her smile soon. She can hold her head up and is almost able to roll over. She makes lots of baby noises, but still doesn't sleep at night.

Daemian is also doing well. We're trying to teach him how to count. I can do "123" but that's it. He can say "Please" when he wants something now, and we are trying to get him to say "thank you". He's getting better at using  fork, but not so good at a spoon.

Get plenty of rest Dasi. Upload some belly pics on the photo album if you can.

Let He who is without sin...kick the first arse.

My Girls: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,108744.0.html
My site: http://voodoonightmares.freeforums.org/
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 25, 2010, 04:22:35 pm »

Aww vaccines are my most unfavorite part...I'm a wimp so (we agreed) my spouse does all the holding during shots. I wanted them to be much braver then me. As a result my kids were bearing their shots with no complaints or tears from about 2 years old, even holding my hand at three years cause they know mommy hates needles. Of course that's when they were adorably sympathetic,  before they began to find mommy's needle terror hysterically funny--the monsters.

I dreamt that I was having girls with the first two. I even saw my second clearly in a dream four months before she was born and was surprised that she looked just like she did in the dream. Like you I'm leaning towards boy this time but am not sure. My girls want another girl Cheesy.

Hug them both for me and treasure this time he'll be counting money before you know it Wink.

I'm trying to swim often as it helps with the nausea and other symptoms to be out in the fresh air. My comp is still kaput so I only get on when I can borrow one, boy do I miss my sims games.

Hope you feel better mizer congrats on the good grades.

Sims by Dasi:

Nonni
Site Santa!

Who would Nonni rather kiss? Naughty Nonni!

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 25, 2010, 07:41:49 pm »

Dasi,

I am so happy to know you are able to get out and swim and that it helps with nausea.

I had no idea when my son arrived that I would have a boy. I was totally convinced the he would be a "she".

Hugs from Nonni

Isaac Newton defined tact as "the art of making a point without making an enemy."
SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 26, 2010, 08:54:27 am »

Weird bit of info: Even though "Jamie" is a unigender name, my parents were going to name me Travis had I been born a little boy.

April 1st, applications for the prison open up. Guards start at $25 an hour supposedly. B spoke with the hiring people and they said he was the kind of guy they were looking to hire.

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #275 on: March 26, 2010, 09:08:27 am »

It's scary how things can change in a few moments...

My mom called me yesterday, saying she had seen an ambulance outside my cousin's house. It turned out their newborn baby had stopped breathing, and almost died. Luckily they checked on him in time, but found him turning blue. None of them knew much first aid, but with some struggle they had managed to get him back to breathing before the ambulance arrived (after driving the wrong way, and taking ages in coming).

Now I'm seriously considering taking a first aid course, dragging my family along with me. My mom says she doesn't have any idea what to do in a situation like that, and I'm not sure abou tthe others. I've had some lessons before, and I know the basics around CPR and such - but when you are in a scary situation, that lifesaving knowledge tend to disappear quickly. In any case, it's better to know what to do, and never come up in a situation where you need it, than not knowing what to do if something does happen.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 26, 2010, 11:20:15 am »

Oh my goodness! I sure hope the little one is okay! That's scary.

First Aid never hurt anyone. It's a very helpful course and just takes a few hours of your time...plus it can save lives, so good idea. I have taken First Aid, Child CPR, Regular CPR and both Heimlich Maneuvers. I just want to be prepared if I ever need to use those tactics. Heimlich and First Aid have come in handy with Daemian.
-He decided to choke on a nickel in the split second it took me to put my hoodie on (Like you said, things can change in a few moments)
-He also split his lower lip at his cousin's birthday party, playing and not paying attention.

Good idea, theraven.

Nonni
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 26, 2010, 06:13:52 pm »

Oh, my! How terrifying! Raven, you are doing the right thing.

SenkoTwiik, little ones love to try things and their logic is perfectly sound - to them!!

Isaac Newton defined tact as "the art of making a point without making an enemy."
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #278 on: March 26, 2010, 09:33:01 pm »

Oh man, lots of bad things happening... and good too, I'm glad for that bit.

Well after a dramatic month long boyfriend and breakup-ness, we were pulled together when his Aunt had her baby the other day, and she was born not breathing. He left school early and went to the hospital, and I waited to hear what happened for seven hours. In the end, little Jane is okay.

On a slightly less scary note, my niece Jade has caught the flu, and now Clay is locked in his room.

Find me on moonlight <3
soulofthesea
Composer/Sound Engineer in Training

Axe 'em Jacks!

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 26, 2010, 09:48:59 pm »

Just came back from the TCGC (Texas Color Guard Circuit) State contest in San Marcos. As it turned out, the event was at my future home campus, Texas State University, so, I got to have my own little private tour of the campus! Unfortunately, I didn't have time to go to the music building, since it was all the way on the other side of the campus! Undecided Also, our color guard placed second in their class. Grin

What goes on in the Band Room either stays in the Band Room, or goes on Youtube!

I am here
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #280 on: March 26, 2010, 09:59:09 pm »

Oh my goodness! I sure hope the little one is okay! That's scary.
As far as I know, he's OK. They think he had a cold or bronchitis or something like that, which plugged him up and caused the breathing trouble.

First Aid never hurt anyone.

Quite the contrary, since it tends to save lives instead  Wink

SenkoTwiik, little ones love to try things and their logic is perfectly sound - to them!!
On personal experiences, I know that to be true... When I was three or so, I figured out putting a coin in my nose was a very good idea. Well - it wasn't... Caused an uproar, and they took me to the hospital for an X-ray. At least it came out...uhm... the right way.  
When I was maybe six or seven (not really sure about this), I could have set fire to the livingroom. We had visitors, and I was so proud of something I had made that I just had to show it to them. It stood on a shelf where a candle was burning. When I tried to reach the thing, without even thinking about the candle right in front of my eyes, my sleeve and the tablecloth caught fire, and of course I panicked (which is a bad idea when your sleeve is on fire...). Luckily, my dad quickly managed to put it out. I didn't get burned, but I've been very careful around candles since then - and even nowadays I'm sceptical to burning candles (If I do buy candles, I find those which are too pretty to fire up...) rolleyes

In the end, little Jane is okay.
Good to hear Smiley

On a slightly less scary note, my niece Jade has caught the flu, and now Clay is locked in his room.
Hope they (or is it only her?) get well soon!

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #281 on: March 26, 2010, 10:21:17 pm »

So far it's just her, but knowing how weak little buddy's immune system is we don't want him catchin' it, but he was with her for the first three days when she was coughing but had no temperature...

Candles are scary! Wax hurts!

Oh, did I forget? I seem to be a walking accident. Literally. Now I have slid down the edge of my bed, which is ten feet off the ground, and scracked two ribs. Once they start healing what do I do? I fall down the staircase to the basement, which coincidentally isn't carpeted. Then later the same day before I had even told my mom I was walking into the living room and I tripped over little Jade's stupid bus-thingy that you sit on and ride around in, and for like a whole minute I was falling tripping on it in the dark... I have a problem, no?

Find me on moonlight <3
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #282 on: March 26, 2010, 10:27:56 pm »

Ouch... falling down stairs isn't fun. Not long ago I managed tripping in ours two times in one weekend, hitting the exact same spot on my back. Didn't fall more than a few steps, but I still had a huge purple bruise (at least 20cm wide) for weeks... Let's just say sitting hurt. A lot.

My site:

soulofthesea
Composer/Sound Engineer in Training

Axe 'em Jacks!

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 07, 2010, 07:07:07 pm »

Ouch, I know how that feels, raven. I usually catch myself when I fall down stairs, and I almost dislocated my shoulder trying to catch myself once.

On a happier, more exciting note, I just found out that I got accepted into the Miller Career and Technology Center! Almost a month overdue, I finally got that acceptance letter today! Grin

What goes on in the Band Room either stays in the Band Room, or goes on Youtube!

I am here
Nonni
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 08, 2010, 12:32:07 am »

That is wonderful news, soul! Congratulations!!

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 44
  Print  

Jump to: