Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 04:30:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 44
  Print  
Author Topic: Important Life Events  (Read 241320 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: June 09, 2010, 07:00:56 pm »

Aloha  Hug2,

Blessings to all of you dealing with health issues (MD & MS and others as well). My family has dealt with it's share of issues (mostly cancer related) so I understand the insurance run around. I don't get the government allowing the "take your money until you're actually ill and need to use your coverage" game that the insurance companies have been allowed to play for so many years.

My very best friend was born with Cerebal Palsy and is now dealing with arthritis (from the way she's had to walk & handle things all her life) at 40. I can't imagine her being made to fight with insurance companies for coverage just to survive.

Under the current health care reform now being enacted there is some immediate protection provided for people with preexisting conditions (for children only I believe and others in a high risk pool whatever that is).  I understand that after 2014 companies are barred from such exclusion...a shame that anyone has to wait that long for protection.  (btw I'm just stating facts--not opening the door for debate).

Hooray for cable internet they finally arrived today.  The cable co. actually gave me a 3 hour window (instead of the usual "we'll be there anytime between 9am-5pm") and came an hour early! Color me pleasantly surprised.

Good to be back on the air thanks to all of you for your advice & positive energy.

(Hiya Nonni! YAY)

Sims by Dasi:

Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #331 on: June 09, 2010, 07:33:47 pm »

I'm sorry for your friend... But very glad to have you back!  Grin

Find me on moonlight <3
Nonni
Site Santa!

Who would Nonni rather kiss? Naughty Nonni!

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 10, 2010, 02:21:05 am »

Hey, DaSpecial1, there seems to be a new "Dasi" so I feel like I need to Just Call You Special!  Grin

It is a relief to see you back. I missed you. I was concerned about you trying to get ready for and then making the move.

How are you doing?

Hugs from Nonni

Isaac Newton defined tact as "the art of making a point without making an enemy."
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 10, 2010, 04:03:36 am »

I feel brand new but Dasi is still good enough for me Cheesy.

All things considered I feel pretty darn great. The good thing about health and other serious rl issues is that they make you focus on what's really important.  I have daily reminders to sit back, breathe, and just enjoy life. The baby is super active and healthy & my daily battles with nausea and other pg trials are rough, but much milder then my previous two pregnancies.  I've lost about 14 pounds since the start ( a side effect of hyperemesis) which is one reason I've been monitored so closely but the loss has slowed down and we're both doing well.

It's good to be back the folks here always make me smile. Hug2

P.S. Thanks Obrett & no worries, I believe medicare has covered her most of her life so she missed the insurance snubs.

Sims by Dasi:

marcolopez

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 10, 2010, 07:28:48 pm »

My mother died from Metatastic breast cancer last year in Novermber and I didn't even get to say goodbye because it was hard for me.
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 11, 2010, 12:04:45 am »

Marco I was unable be by my mother's side when she died and couldn't attend the funeral. Keep with you the love she had for you and the love you carry.  It feels awful, but know that you are no less of a person for struggling with goodbye.  Hug2

Sims by Dasi:

marcolopez

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 11, 2010, 12:33:40 am »

I received a letter from
The President of the United States Barack Obama.
Nonni
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 11, 2010, 03:32:46 am »

Losing my mom going on 3 years now. I picked up the phone and yelled into it "Moma!" I can't get over it. Just walking through. Finding Sims and the Sims community online has helped a lot.

Congrats on the letter from the President.

Isaac Newton defined tact as "the art of making a point without making an enemy."
zammy

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 29, 2010, 11:09:42 pm »

My mother died from Metatastic breast cancer last year in Novermber and I didn't even get to say goodbye because it was hard for me.

I'm really sorry that happened to you. I never realized how much a relative with cancer effects you. My grandma was diagnosed with breast cancer a few months ago, but we're pretty sure it hasn't spread and the tumor was removed.... The tumor was only 1mm away from her chest wall when it was removed, and she only found the tumor because she picked up something heavy one day. To think what could have happened if she didn't... It's a scary thought

My Sims (2) Blog: The Sims in Wonderland
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #339 on: June 30, 2010, 10:34:57 am »

Wow, it seems like everyone here knows somebody who is or has ben deathl ill, and I hope everyone gets well soon, and I'm sorry for all the losses.

Find me on moonlight <3
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 20, 2010, 12:12:07 pm »

Hi everyone just checking in with the sims crew Cheesy.

I haven't been on much due to health issues, baby is ok though.  The severe nausea caused dehydration, weight loss and began to make my heart beat irregular (who knew that could happen?) like racing suddenly or skipping beats.  It had began to affect the baby, i.e. slower growth, due to low food intake & I've been overwhelmed at times by fatigue etc., but still taking it all one day at a time. I'm slowly trying to improve daily. I have awesome doctors though who are on top of everything which helps immensely.

I wish my computer was setup Titter I can't move the huge desktop and hubby hasn't put it up for me yet.  I'm on bed rest and all my sims games thru M & G are on there waiting for my to get to them.  Since I have a little time on my hands I'm going to try and convince him to set it up so I can start creating stuff again.

Anyhoo hope all of you are fine and healthy. Ciao! YAY

Sims by Dasi:

Nonni
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 20, 2010, 04:40:41 pm »

Dasi, I am so relieved to hear from you. I think I am going to cry.

In fact, I am losing it.

Love you, Nonni

Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 20, 2010, 05:14:32 pm »

Shame on you, DaSi, for putting your health before your addiction to the Sims. I am ever so disappointed. Tongue

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #343 on: July 20, 2010, 09:22:29 pm »

Jenna, I thoroughly enjoy your input Smiley

Dasi, I really hope you feel better  Wink

Find me on moonlight <3
rockhead
« Reply #344 on: July 20, 2010, 09:23:19 pm »

I really hope so as well
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 44