Insimenator.org
April 17, 2024, 10:59:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 44
  Print  
Author Topic: Important Life Events  (Read 241284 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: August 12, 2010, 08:07:43 pm »

Thank you, Hammie!

More big news! I am a proud great-aunt as of 4:00 this afternoon. My niece gave birth to a healthy 7.5 lb baby girl.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #361 on: August 12, 2010, 09:07:03 pm »

That is so cool! Congratulations!  Grin

Find me on moonlight <3
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 12, 2010, 09:19:19 pm »

Thank you! Smiley We're both too young for the titles of "mom" or "great-aunt", but, for me, it's one more child to be Cool Aunt Joy to (and to happily spoil).

Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #363 on: August 12, 2010, 09:33:29 pm »

Cheesy That's always fun.

Well I became an aunt at the age of 10 1/2, and my friend Chris became an uncle at 9 so I wont talk about ages! Ahaha!

Find me on moonlight <3
Glamily
A Tad Bit Glittery

I used to be as mad as a hatter

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 12, 2010, 09:58:08 pm »

Hehe. Give her a cuddle from me Joy. XP

At the moment, I have about a 80% chance of becoming an aunt. My sister is trying with her boyfriend of almost a year.

No more hiding
Don't be afraid of what's inside
Anytime anybody pulls you down
Anytime anybody says you're not allowed
Just remember you are not alone
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 13, 2010, 12:58:07 pm »

Congrats Joy! Nice healthy birth weight too Cheesy.

No worries about titles though I've been an aunt since 8 months old. My niece and I used to argue (can't remember what age that started) because she refused to respect her elders (me of course, Titter) or call me auntie.

Sims by Dasi:

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 13, 2010, 01:49:48 pm »

Thanks, everyone. Dasi, I've been an aunt for years, but this is a first time for great-aunt. But it makes my mother a great-grandma! LOL.

Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #367 on: August 13, 2010, 01:53:28 pm »

Eight months really? AHHAHHAH! That's wonderful. XD

Find me on moonlight <3
soulofthesea
Composer/Sound Engineer in Training

Axe 'em Jacks!

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 13, 2010, 02:54:30 pm »

Two weeks of band camp are gone. We now have the entire opener for this year's show on the field, which is almost half of the show! Oh, and I got my schedule for the school year, and apparently, I don't have an English class. huh Instead, I have two band periods, 3rd and 4th period. But the funny thing is, when I went to try and get my schedule fixed, one of the principals asked me what needed to be changed on my schedule, and when I told her, she took one look at my schedule, and said, "Well, what do you need English for, Mr. [insert last name here]? Your father's the band director, and I'm sure he'd rather you have jazz band than English!" And this was an old lady prinicpal I was talking to! Laugh2

What goes on in the Band Room either stays in the Band Room, or goes on Youtube!

I am here
simneesee
Queen of All She Surveys
Site Santa!

Hey, what's goin on?----i'm confused...

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 18, 2010, 11:51:28 pm »

Hey everyone! Sorry I've been so absent, it's been a difficult time.
My father passed away this past weekend, after years of being ill, and our whole family is reeling. Please send prayers and good thoughts our way as we try and get through this rough time. Thanks  Cry

Gaah I never know what to put here!!! But while you're here, click my dragon egg please Smiley
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 19, 2010, 12:09:32 am »

simneesee, I can't possibly adequately express my sympathy for your loss. *hugs* One of the hardest things you can do is watch your beloved father suffer through a long illness. I know hard it is. Many of us here do, I'm sure. You and your family will be in my thoughts and please know we are here for you. 

DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 21, 2010, 04:12:51 pm »

Hug2 My heart goes out to you simneesee, it is so hard to lose a parent.  As Joy said many of us know how rough it is & continue to struggle with that loss.  Take care and know that you are in our thoughts.

Sims by Dasi:

Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #372 on: August 21, 2010, 05:06:22 pm »

Oh man! Loosing a parent is really though! I really hope everything is okay with you. Stay strong simneese.

Find me on moonlight <3
Glamily
A Tad Bit Glittery

I used to be as mad as a hatter

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 22, 2010, 12:10:22 am »

Blimey. My heart goes out to you simneese.

And my sister hates me. Yup, she finally admitted that she thinks I'm a freak and I should be locked up and that she's homophobic.
But we also think she has bipolar.
And I'm off to the doctors on monday to see if I have anxiety and if I need medication or anything for it.

No more hiding
Don't be afraid of what's inside
Anytime anybody pulls you down
Anytime anybody says you're not allowed
Just remember you are not alone
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 23, 2010, 03:57:09 am »

Just came from the doctors on Friday.  It was an ob checkup with an hour of testing monitoring of baby, who did just great , he or she is very active Smiley.  I had developed chest congestion the night before and felt flu-ish. Turns out I have bronchitis. I'm concerned because they will be taking the baby in about two or three weeks and things were going well for the baby finally.

The bad part is that Friday was a holiday so the pharmacy was closed.  I probably would have gotten a lot of relief after the first 24 hours of antibiotics. But I have to wait to Monday *sighs*.

I've been using steam treatments in the meantime. That really clears up a lot of the heavy congestion that makes my chest hurt nights and mornings. Chamomile tea, hot liquids, and soup (I can't really swallow right now) are what I've been using.  They've helped somewhat but I just feel so darn achy & awful. Just now I tried hot water with honey and lemon so I'm hoping that will ease the pain some.  Is salt water or Listerine overkill?

I'm just trying to deal until I pick up the antibiotics tomorrow. Last time I had bronchitis it progressed to pneumonia so I worry about the baby Sad.  It will be a c-section so I need to be healthy to avoid more complications.  Send some healthy energy this way, I sure could use it.

Sims by Dasi:

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 44
  Print  

Jump to: