Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 04:25:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 44
  Print  
Author Topic: Important Life Events  (Read 241751 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #555 on: June 09, 2012, 12:25:01 am »

So, it's been a month today since Lobo fell asleep at the foot of my computer chair and didn't wake up. Today's been hard; not just because he's gone and I still miss him, but because there are people who have said to me, if you can believe it, "Oh, get over it already, he was just a cat."

I had a choice phrase for them.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
mookie

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: June 09, 2012, 02:34:18 am »

So sorry for your loss Joy. I've had 4 "just cats" that passed and currently have 3 more "just cats". To me, they are friends and, indeed, family. Much love has been shared and passed both ways , I couldn't ask for anymore. I treasure the memories. Ignore the senseless ones, they know not what they miss. Peace and good thoughts to and for you and your sweet Lobo. Take care.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #557 on: June 10, 2012, 05:19:48 pm »

Ah, Joy, if you were here I'd give you such a hug... Still raw myself over Magoo and Suzie and Magee, even though they WERE "just cats". Cats are some of the best people ever born, they just have better hair than we do... And screw 'em if they can't understand, those aren't the kind of people you need anyhow, they lack empathy and sense.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: November 26, 2012, 05:57:32 pm »

Kaboom! guess who's back in the room!  YAY

I like to make an entrance...Titter

I'm baaacck--although I never really left of course.  The great computerpocalypses of 2010-2012 featuring the allstars laptop, mini-laptops and yes old faithful--aka my desktop, kept me from playing TS2 and well my tiny real life simster (now two yrs old) along with her sisters have kept me pretty occupied.  Life has had it's joys and sorrows for all of us I see, but still here we are. 

I can play TS2 some, if I ever find a moment that is, but I can't fully enjoy my sims or create yet until I get a reliable video card. I've ordered two *see dictionary under fiasco* now I just need one that works.   Good to be back here--the smilies needed a good workout Grin.

Nice to see so many of you.  Glomp everyone especially Mooncat, Nonni, Senko, Joy and Paden & Squinge and yes you too Jenna  Escape

Sims by Dasi:

Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #559 on: November 27, 2012, 08:05:35 pm »

Been missing you, glad to know things are working out! On the up side of life, my son is progressing so well it is scary, he's catching up in many, many ways. On the down side, I can no longer drive myself anywhere due to failing eyesight and no idea what's causing it. Trying to get a doctor appointment AND transport to said event is next to impossible due to conflicting schedules of the inhabitants of the household. Just hope to get one before it gets much worse, the only time objects should have a hazy fuzz around them is when you're three sheets to the wind or you are getting snowflakes in your eyes because you're out walking in a blizzard.

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #560 on: November 27, 2012, 08:42:24 pm »

Without my glasses or my contact lense in (yes, only one, since I was born blind in my left eye), everything has a hazy fuzz around it. For me, it comes with astigmatism. I hope everything works out, Paden, and I'm glad your son is doing so well. It's a fantastic thing, isn't it? My nephew is doing well. His reading keeps advancing by leaps and bounds and his diction is constantly improving. The fact he can talk at all is amazing, considering he started out deaf.

Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: November 28, 2012, 08:55:04 am »

Sounds like he's doing great, Joy, and I bet you're pleased as punch for him. My guy is reading, doing a bit of math and speaking out more, which can be kind of a mixed blessing. His sense of comedic timing has always been good and now it's getting sharper, especially when his grandmother says something while speaking with me that I disagree on. He always take my side of it and says something like, "Game over man, game over. You lose." Nothing seems to frustrate her more and she'll ask why she doesn't win and he'll just LOOK at her with that look of supreme pity that she doesn't get it and say, "Cause you're not the mama!" After that, he shuts her out. Cheesy

Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #562 on: January 06, 2013, 02:43:40 pm »

So I haven't been around much lately, and everytime I have been its only been a short visit, so I'm gonna tell you why: A while back my grandfather had a heart attack, it was his fifth, and he passed away. Since then, my dad has moved (but only down the street) and this is only my second time visiting. I'm close to being done with High School, which is awesome. I work at an early childhood developement center, primarily as a "substitute" teacher to 3-year-old kids.  The main reason I've been out is because my boyfriend-and best friend- was in Marine Corps boot camp for September, October, and November. He came back for almost the whole month of December because of the Holidays and that was awesome. If anything, the distance has made us closer. While he was gone we wrote letters, he even wrote some to my nieces and nephews, which was super cute. He left on Jan. 3rd for Combat training and he contacts me when he can. Its hard to be here without him, I got so used to him being with me all the time. As for my nieces and nephews: We're doing o.k. Clay is in first grade and he's been doing well, he's made friends with some of the other kids- he spends a lot of time out of school visiting the doctors, though. Everyone else is doing just fine. So there's my little... overdue... update for you.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 11:06:34 pm by Katie » Logged

Find me on moonlight <3
Yazoo
Don't Cry Loz

Be Yourself, Don't Let Someone Change You

View Profile
« Reply #563 on: January 31, 2013, 02:58:24 pm »

I am sorry for your loss, Katie. Sad I hope things get better.

Well, at the beginning...Lets take a step back, about a month ago, I was about to marry a woman named Aurora, we were going strong. Except for one week, she had to work, and we didn't get to see each other, so on the day of our wedding, she dropped a bombshell. And told me that the week she was gone, she had cheated on me. Well, Aurora did one more stupid thing, inviting my ex fiancee to the wedding, Ichigo. Now, it was not only difficult to say I do to a woman that cheated on me ((In which I didn't. Her and I are rebuilding our friendship)), but also trying to hide the feelings that never died with my ex, Ichigo.

So, on a trip to Japan, ((Where I am at now, and writing at the crack of dawn)), her and I both realize our feelings were never quite dead. So, immediately I jumped into a relationship with her, and we sort of started where we left off. And so at the beginning of the beginning of last month ((Its the first of February, here)), her and I tied the knot, and are now married. And honestly, I haven't been this happy in a very long time. Cheesy Happiness ^.^

"But... The Planet doesn't approve of that at all. It's doing everything it can to hold us back. That's why it's racking our bodies with pain and filling our hearts with doubt. Now, I should heal you. We will join as a family and strike back at the planet!"-Kadaj

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #564 on: January 31, 2013, 06:13:32 pm »

Sorry for your loss, Katie Sad

As for me - I'm into my second week of my second nursing practice at the hospital, which means I passed the first one, and that I'm halfway into my studies Cheesy
It's hard work, because it means I have nearly a 100% job (unpaid - it's considered to be studies) together with home studies. Luckily we only have a couple of assignments that are sort of knotted into the practice (with some writing at home), so it's not too bad. Hopefully I'll nail this one, too. If so it's only a few months left until I start my final year!

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #565 on: January 31, 2013, 10:16:18 pm »

Hugs to you Katie. My have you grown high--school already?  Don't mind me it's been a while.

It's been away mostly due to computer issues, but also life has me busy.   Congrats to all of you on your successes and joys and I wish you all many more.  This year has started out rocky with me recovering from an accident and my spouse spending the first week of it in hospital.  Things are slowly resolving themselves but the coming year looks to be quite challenging.  I'll finally be getting the necessary parts for my computer in a week as well so I'll be rejoining Sim land very soon YAY.

The baby is flying, skipping, flipping and twirling around the house as can be expected at this age, so that's keeping her sisters on their toes.  I've learned to take it all in stride and just enjoy the antics.    

Sims by Dasi:

Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #566 on: February 05, 2013, 10:09:04 pm »

It's been a heck of a year here, as well. February third marked forty years that my mother has been gone and while I miss her still and cry when that anniversary comes around, I now at last have a picture of her and my dad together, and I get to see the joy in my parents' eyes that they always displayed when they were together. That look in his eyes died with her and I never again saw it while he was alive. Seeing that brings it back and I'm glad to know that my parents honestly loved each other and that is what brought them together. It's hard to describe to someone else but it is there, in that photo and I'm so grateful to have it. While it was hard to let go of Dad when he was so ill, I knew he wanted to be with Mom, and I respected that. I know in my heart that those two are at peace at long last but I still miss them and always will, til it's my turn to go. But I've also learned that when you lose someone, you have to go on and not close yourself off. If you don't continue certain celebrations because they remind you too much of the loss, that's OK. God, do I ever love my pastor for letting me know that, I used to feel so guilty about that!

And on the best note about the Little One of the house, he's totally potty trained, YES!!

Foxybaby

View Profile
« Reply #567 on: February 13, 2013, 05:28:19 pm »

I know what you mean Paden, my Mum will have been gone 7yrs this May. I think its takes yrs to be able to handle it better.  I live 300 miles away from where I grew up, where my family still is, so although I've obviously not forgotten she's gone (or my Dad), its easier to think that they're still there. Its only been a couple of yrs since we sold the house we grew up in as neither me or my sister wanted to live in it, but it was hard letting someone else live in it. Luckily, it went to a young family, much the same as when we moved in it in 1979 when I was 4 Smiley

I have a life changing event. After 12yrs of heartache, we finally got our wish and at the grand old age of 38, I'm having my 1st baby, I'm 12 weeks tomorrow and its been part of the reason I've not been around for a long time and making sporadic appearances. My hubby was away in the US working for a few months then in Poland, so although I was on my own with time on my hands, I wasn't in the mood to play TS2 or 3. I have had to use up all my annual leave at work (35 days) between now and August when I go off on Maternity leave for a year, so I have plenty of time on my hands to play the game so I'm hoping to be around so much more and creating for TS2, although I'm kinda getting the hang of 3 now (I vetoed it until Seasons was released haha!)

Its nice to see some of the older crowd and looking fwd to chatting to some of the newer peeps too.

Ok, I'm done rambling my news, I'll shut up now  STFU

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #568 on: February 13, 2013, 08:51:42 pm »

Hi Foxybaby! Good see you back. Smiley

First, I'd like to offer a heartfelt congratulations to you! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!  YAY

Now I just have a nit picky thing. You have every right (and I encourage you to) brag about your pregnancy, but could you please do it with an image not exceeding our requested size limits?

Signature pictures are allowed however they must be pg-13 and no larger than 250x50.

Foxybaby

View Profile
« Reply #569 on: February 14, 2013, 03:50:03 am »

Oh, sorry, I never even thought! I'll go get a smaller one Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 44
  Print  

Jump to: