Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 06:59:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44]
  Print  
Author Topic: Important Life Events  (Read 239665 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #645 on: September 28, 2015, 01:36:22 pm »

It's nice to see how well people are doing, I'm glad to hear that things are working out for people. I finally found all of my Sims 2 disks and may just put the game onto my laptop but not sure how Windows 8.1 will react to it. Well, that and the fact of I'll have to search out the patches because I'm not sure which disk they got saved to and to find Numenor's thingie for it and and and and... I find myself wanting to play the game, yet scared to. Does that make any sense?

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #646 on: September 29, 2015, 09:04:57 am »

Glad to hear all of you and your kids are doing better!

Paden, I think the main trick to win7/8/10 is to install somewhere other than Program Files!  Do a Custom install and put them in C:\EAxis or something like that.  I'm not sure if the patches are on my website, but I'll check with my friend who's also an admin and talked about putting them up.  Numenor's stuff is apparently all on MTS2, just like it was, so do not worry about that part!  I'm also using Pinterest to link downloads that I think are cool!

As for my Important Life Events, about 18 months ago, my loving husband decided to lock me out of our apartment twice in two consecutive days, and I decided not to go back.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #647 on: October 01, 2015, 07:10:28 pm »

Ouch, miros1, that really had to suck. Then again, if you're fine and doing well... I just wish I knew why people act the way they do, then I wouldn't wind up so confused a good deal of the time. Right now, we're dealing with our son hitting puberty and from the look of it, it's gonna be a bumpy ride so we're trying to locate the seat belts for it. He's transitioning to being in middle school, getting taller than his mom (I admit it, I'm SHORT) and all the hormonal changes a boy between the ages of twelve and twenty-one go through. Add all of that to the package of Autism and yeah, it's gonna be a bumpy ride. He's noticing girls and yet he's still so innocent; it's hard to reconcile the two concepts! I'm really hoping his beard doesn't come in until after graduation, you know? Wink

Stelio Kontos
Resident Reptilian
Loot Looker

View Profile
« Reply #648 on: October 12, 2015, 07:04:36 pm »

Contrary to popular opinion, I'm not dead. DADDY'S BACK.....
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #649 on: October 23, 2015, 04:05:36 pm »

Important events over here I guess...

I started seeing a doctor early this year about some of my symptoms, and had chest x-rays and about 16 blood tests and a holter monitor (Heart monitor that takes 24 hours worth of EKG and puts it into a computer.) and had no answers. Then in May, My symptoms became unbearable so I went to the Emergency Room and was admitted to the hospital for a total of 6 days. I had 9 sets of labs taken (which consisted of 3 or more tests each.) I was screened from drugs (although I have never done any drugs) and I had a chest x-ray, an abdominal ultrasound, an abdominal x-ray, a 2D Echo of the heart (an ultrasound), an MRI, an adrenal gland function test (performed in the hallway of nuclear medicine as I promptly went insane while being pumped full of synthetic stress hormone), a head CT, a test of the muscles (and nerves?) in the eyes and ears, and a tilt table test. Nothing came back until the tilt table test. I was on a medication to lower the heart rate during my tilt table, but even still there was clear evidence of another heart rhythm disorder (I was already diagnosed with sinus tachycardia at this point.) I was diagnosed with POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome, a type of dysautonomia and a rare disease that all but two of my doctors have never even heard of.) From there I was discharged on four different medications, two of which I was able to stop after a couple months but the other two I will likely take for the rest of my life. Shortly after release I had a holter monitor performed by my doctor who saw no significant improvement of POTS from the medicine, as well as an extra heartbeat. Extra heartbeat and sinus tachy are both very rarely comorbid with POTS, so I'm a rarity on a rarity on a rarity. Further testing is being done to determine if my POTS  has been flared by an underlying condition, as its very apparent that I've had POTS for a while just not this bad.

POTS is essentially a disease where I stand up and my heart races and then the blood vessels in my leg dilate causing blood to pool in my feet and a loss of oxygen to the brain. Many people faint from it. Its all caused by dysfunction in the autonomic nervous system, which controls blood vessels, breathing, heart beating, etc.

There is no cure for POTS, and there isn't any actual treatment. The best treatment out there right now is a combination of a Beta Blocker and roughly 4x the daily limit of salt (I take salt tablets) which hasn't been working on me. My best shot at remission is to get a pacemaker, which I plan to do. POTS makes working very difficult, but I can't afford to not work while trying to file disability.

Two weeks ago I had several extra beat episodes in a row and spent the night in the hospital. I met with a new cardiologist (mine couldn't think of anything else to help treat me) and he was a despicable human being who was very misinformed about POTS and didn't want to listen, so I won't be seeing him again.

For the most part, I feel terrible and can hardly function. I have to see a neuro, cardio, and my PCP within the next two months to discuss what further testing I will need. Its been crazy.

Speaking of crazy Emma is almost two!!!!

Find me on moonlight <3
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #650 on: March 02, 2016, 08:15:06 pm »

I didn't want to make a huge post last time, so here's my health:

Depression, adult onset type 1 diabetes, worse depression, very difficult to find a job, impossible to keep one if I do find it, landed in the hospital not once, but twice with diabetic ketoacidosis from not taking care of myself. The good news is I lost 150 lbs and it's now possible to draw blood or start an IV in either arm without difficulty.  Right now, I don't have an endocrinologist (last one got married and moved away, new one worked less than a month before she went on maternity leave), but my primary care provider will order thyroid tests before I see the new endocrinologist.  I do wonder if my thyroid is part of the problem, possibly linked to the low salt diet I'm used to.  Low salt = low iodine, and you can't just buy iodine pills in this state.  If it is my thyroid, I want to try iodine pills before going to the synthetics.  Or I can learn to eat salt again!

Hub is in a nursing home relearning how to walk (knee injury last June) and having a finger amputated next week due to insufficient blood flow.  We're still separated, but he's being nicer on the phone.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #651 on: March 10, 2016, 05:02:59 pm »

miros1, go for Armour Thyroid if you do have hypothyroid disease, it's naturally derived and helps boot your levels to optimum and keeps them there. I do so much better on it and I've suffered this crap for half of my life now. Good luck and I hope you begin to feel better soon.

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44]
  Print  

Jump to: