Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 02:39:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: TV has NO room for Stories anymore!!!!  (Read 10490 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
VampyrMuffinMan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2009, 05:26:55 pm »

Lord I can't survive without Bones!  I am soo not into blood and gore but I can't tear myself away from that one.  Just no snacking while viewing, Tee Hee.  Angel (who cares if it's canceled I still gotta have it).   Without a trace, Cold Case files, Monk, Psych, occasionally The Closer.

"Leverage" is good at times too, though I think they need to move their offices to wall street and provide some leverage with the econothieves. BBC.
Mrs brat Still won't watch the WB after what THEY did to Angel

I thought Angel ended pretty well, if cut short.  I've probably re-watched the entire Buffy-Angel series(es) about 4 times, and think that everything turned out just fine.  Hell, even the story arcs that seemed like a waste when you're sitting through them for a whole season don't seem so bad when you only have to sit through them for a week or so...  I'm definitely going to find out where I can bitch about Dollhouse being cancelled and sign up for a couple of petitions.  Maybe another network will pick it up...?

Check out my HubPages for useful computer tutorials.  [link under wolfie]
Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2009, 05:29:21 pm »

Mrs brat Still won't watch the WB after what THEY did to Angel

LOL, I still won't watch ABC after they cancelled Night Stalker in the middle of a two part episode, and then showed a movie about Jesus instead of the second part of the episode. I hate ABC something fierce for that.

My other ride is a chocobo.
Nonni
Site Santa!

Who would Nonni rather kiss? Naughty Nonni!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2009, 09:25:54 pm »

We watch very little TV.  We wait for the shows we really like, for instance, NCIS and Monk, to come out on DVD and order them from Netflicks.  We are very impatiently patient.  Hate commercials would rather wait for tried and true favorites to be released.  We also get many of the old British and Scottish TV shows from Netflicks.  Sometimes with the Scottish shows we really need subtitles.
But....
we are kerazy gamers also.
And then...
there are the forums.

Isaac Newton defined tact as "the art of making a point without making an enemy."
Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2009, 09:28:18 pm »

We watch very little TV.  We wait for the shows we really like, for instance, NCIS and Monk, to come out on DVD and order them from Netflicks.  We are very impatiently patient.  Hate commercials would rather wait for tried and true favorites to be released.  We also get many of the old British and Scottish TV shows from Netflicks.  Sometimes with the Scottish shows we really need subtitles.
But....
And then...
there are the forums.

Nonni, I usually wait for TV shows I like to come on DVD as well. It's so much easier to just watch them all at once than to wait week after week and bother with commercials. So what I see it a year later.

And I laughed about you needing subtitles for Scottish shows. Everytime I watch something that's from the UK with people I know, they have to ask me to translate. That's what I get for knowing Scottish people, I get to be the translator for all things British.  Wink

My other ride is a chocobo.
VampyrMuffinMan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2009, 02:39:59 am »

[Dollhouse]  So, there's this...  http://tinyurl.com/d7vzrp and then there's this...  http://tinyurl.com/d6lu6d
Hmmm...  Well, there's still work to do.  But evidently it's on the block, not chopped yet.

kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2009, 07:47:03 am »

We wait for the shows we really like, for instance, NCIS and Monk, to come out on DVD and order them from Netflicks.  We are very impatiently patient.  Hate commercials would rather wait for tried and true favorites to be released. 
But....
And then...
there are the forums.

I'm the same way with shows I'm addicted to. I rent the seasons for Lost, Smallville, and Supernatural because I am impatient about waiting for the season opener. I like watching finale's and openers back to back. And with those two shows, you'd die if you didn't, one would think. Especially Lost & Smallville. Those are killer finale's. So I always stay at least a half season behind. With other shows like Prison Break and Connor Chronicles I just let pile up on the DVR and watch however many whenever. You'd think DVR's are great for parents.

I think Heroes is the only one I really watch on regular T.V. every week. Wow, that's going to suck when they air the finale...

I'm a big-time gamer, too. I'm such a geek. And like you said... then there are forums.

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
brat1083
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2009, 10:22:03 am »

Fringe is pretty good it like X-files on steriod with a little speed thrown in...
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2009, 01:36:22 pm »

Reality shows are just rife here in the UK, they keep insisting every bloody year to do yet another Big Brother (I've never watched any of them but when they're on they're on every bloody channel you can think of, then there's the I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here) The Apprentice, then they had one trying to make ladies out of some yobby girls, Bad Lads Army where they stick 'bad lads' in boot camp as it was in the 50s and 60s, Hell's Kitchen, Dance Academy, Strictly Come Dancing and the list goes on and on and on ... a bit like the damn energizer bunny

I haven't heard of Fringe or Dollhouse, maybe they haven't made it here yet. Sarah Connor Chronicles hasn't made it onto terrestrial TV yet here but I want it to - my brother has cable so he gets the channels that it airs on and he's been raving about it.

Sometimes with the Scottish shows we really need subtitles.

Giggle

I know what you mean there, especially on shows like Taggart where you've got full-blown Glaswegian going hammer and tongs!!

We have to wait so long for the latest series of things like CSI, NCIS etc to get here it really annoys me so we tend to go down the route of buying it - we have a multi-region DVD player so we'll occassionally pay extra to get the latest season of something straight from the US so we don't have to wait!

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
brat1083
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2009, 10:17:10 am »

Reality shows are cheap to produce, there hyped and make money off the voting....Well writen story
only make money off of ads...there not cheap to produce...There is amovie call Idiocracy it suppost to be a comedy, maybe it vision off the future of TV....
Supernatural_Vixen

Certified Teddy Bear Doctor

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2009, 03:44:21 pm »

I don't really watch much tv, when I do I watch Smallville, Supernatural and CSI NY.  So basically only tv on Wends - Thurs and the rest of the time I'm either playing sims or watching the same movies over and over lol

Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole!
:iroc: Fire up the Impala!!
VampyrMuffinMan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2009, 09:28:03 pm »

I almost got my Grandparent's '67 Impala...but my dad finally had it hauled off a couple of years ago. Cry
It was a 2-door with the 327 Turbo-Fire 275 HP engine and TH400 transmission.  It also had AC.  I never had any money to get it running again, though.  Well, I did once, but I bought my '74 Trans Am, instead...

brat1083
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2009, 09:39:21 pm »

I almost got my Grandparent's '67 Impala...but my dad finally had it hauled off a couple of years ago. Cry
It was a 2-door with the 327 Turbo-Fire 275 HP engine and TH400 transmission.  It also had AC.  I never had any money to get it running again, though.  Well, I did once, but I bought my '74 Trans Am, instead...
My brother traded dads 74 Baracuda THAT DAD GAVE HIME FREE AND CLEAR in for a POS Used Cavan, he got 2500 for it on rust spot on the trunck lid other never been in an acident. I was working alot of overtime at  time and would have double that....

Back to tv anyone catch Prime Evil on Sci Fi it seems like it may be worth a try? 
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: