Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 01:56:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Weird cross-over - old upload threads in request section  (Read 3165 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Engram

View Profile WWW
« on: April 17, 2009, 06:05:26 am »

There appear to be some regular upload threads in the request section. For example, there are two "regular" threads of Kavar's skintone uploads in the skintone request section. There are eye upload threads in the eyes request section. Uploads of facial hair in the facial items section, etc. They were not there when the site went back up after the revolution rolled through. The request section was empty. And then a couple of months ago the whole Genetics and Makeup requests section seems to have mysteriously picked up a bunch of regular upload threads dating back to 2007.

I realise that people upload in the request section - I did earlier today to fill a request. But these are normal upload threads and not responses to requests.

Also, and I don't know if this issue is limited to me, whenever I enter the requests section, the Genetics and Makeup section never shows that there have been post updates. As this is the section that I frequent the most, filling requests, I find this somewhat annoying, albeit at the slightly niggling level rather than at the sending me into a mouth foaming fury level Smiley I just find it mildly inconvenient to have to enter the section to check if there are new requests that I could fill. All the other sections in requests appear with bold text if there have been updates in those sections. The only one not updating, at least as it appears to me, is the Genetics and Makeup section.

ETA: And rather than starting a new thread: for some reason it appears as if Squinge's section is sitting on a weird branch of the Insimenator forum tree. When I'm in other sections of the forum, I get Simmers Paradise as part of the forum tree, but when I'm in Squinge's section this particular "branch" is not there and when I click on Squinge's Mods to go back up a level (eg. to back up out of Squinge's Mod Help Section and go to the general Squinge's Mods area) I get thrown back to the front page and have to re-enter the forums from the beginning by clicking on the Forums link.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 06:10:33 am by Engram » Logged

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 11:14:35 am »

we know about getting thrown back to the frontpage, it needs some alteration to one of the database pages which we're looking into figuring out how to do

I'll take a look through the request section and see what shouldn't be there. As to why the genetics section isn't showing as having new posts, I'm a little stumped on that one, hopefully someone more technical can throw some light on it

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 06:13:36 pm »

Thanks Smiley

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: