Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:56:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Naked Sim = Floating Head grrr  (Read 8262 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
danceswithwands

[= *DAZZLED* =]

View Profile WWW
« on: April 18, 2009, 12:58:21 am »

I am soo tired of making these great sims only to get them in game and and see that as soon as they hop in the shower (or get nude in any other way) that suddenly... they are just floating heads.  angry

I've always tried to be sure any custom sims I've made had showerproof skins... but apparently not everyone is as worried about that when they make a custom skin.  sigh.

Is there a way to change the sims skintone in game- or will that even fix this?

I never know which custom skins are going to have the "floating head" syndrome until it's too late. lol

If anyone can tell me how to fix or avoid having floating heads in my game I'd be quite appreciative.   Wink

Post Merge: April 18, 2009, 11:13:03 am - Please remember to modify your post and not reply to yourself
huh

Oh come on now, someone must know something...

What about the skintone changer by christianlov?  will this work to fix the sims I have in the game that are already- heads?

Undecided
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 11:13:03 am by danceswithwands » Logged

~*~ Donna ~*~
I DO NOT ANSWER ANY PM REQUESTS! PLEASE READ POST#26 AT MY THREAD! *HERE'S THE LINK: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,85501.0.html
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 04:52:24 pm »

Floating head syndrome is usually a sign of a missing or incompatible or corrupted mesh. Or possibly having more than one default replacement skintone mesh at a time in the game.

Some mods (like christianlov's or the potions at genensims) allow one to cosmetically change skintone in-game.

However, to make any skintone change genetic you have to use a separate outside-the-game third-party tool such as SimPE.
danceswithwands

[= *DAZZLED* =]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 02:03:10 pm »

Egads- was afraid of that.

I don't know why I am so afraid of sim PE.

It seems sooo complicated.  LOL

Thanks for the reply.  Smiley

I've noticed it's mostly the cc I've downloaded for the body-builder ish sim guys.

Guess I can play them skinny for a bit til I've sorted it all out. Wink

~*~ Donna ~*~
I DO NOT ANSWER ANY PM REQUESTS! PLEASE READ POST#26 AT MY THREAD! *HERE'S THE LINK: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,85501.0.html
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 09:36:11 pm »

Don't worry. You aren't the only on who's squeamish about using PE. I have been procrastinating using it, too.

About the BB skins... are they Beosboxboy's? I know I have his and there hasn't been any problems with any of his skins.

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
danceswithwands

[= *DAZZLED* =]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 02:23:00 am »

Hmmm- I know I have some of his skins- but the two that are giving me problems right now are from some sims that I downloaded... the creator of both those sims claims that he did the skintones himself.  They are just fine until you get in the shower- then POOF just a head.  lol

I had figured out how to link the tones when I made some sims for other people- I had some that were not showerproof and I was able to fix them...

Problem is... I don't recall now how I did it!   Undecided

I will play around with it more later... for now I'm working on simming some requests and don't have time to play with my sim heads anyhoo! rofl

~*~ Donna ~*~
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 05:45:49 am »

Don't you have to make two different project folders?

One with the linked skintone and the other with a different skintone or something like that......Hopefully that'll jar your memory.

Or, look under the tutorial section. I think there's something about how to do that.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
saowens
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 08:50:44 am »

What about the skintone changer by christianlov?  will this work to fix the sims I have in the game that are already- heads?

The christianlov skin tone changer works great for this. I use it in my game all of the time. There is some setup that you have to do to it before using it in the game but there are tutorials for that part of it also.

The only down side of it is during the setup you will need to know which skins you have that are not shower proof so you don't add them into the database the skin tone changer sets up. Other wise you will be stuck with the same problem when you change their skin in game.
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 11:53:43 am »

I have never been able to make that Christianlov hack work in my game. Not really sure why. So I never really used it.

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

Alasdair

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2009, 07:04:22 pm »

For Christianlov'solder skintone changers you need to have the skintones that it calls for in your downloads folder. For the newest version you have to use his CLTool to scan your downloads folder to load all your skintones into it.

The problem with the older versions is locating all the skintones. I've had mixed results using the newer version. Sometimes it works for me sometimes it doesn't, but I know that the problem is something I did or didn't do.
danceswithwands

[= *DAZZLED* =]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2009, 10:47:32 pm »

Thank you all for the replies.

I am going to update my page with more reasons why... but I am not even going to fool with this for now... too depressed.  sigh.

~*~ Donna ~*~
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2009, 07:49:49 am »

I don't want to take the attention off of wands' issue, but this is very similar to the problem.

I, too, have just a head. But there seems to be no problem with the Sim in game. Just the head is shown in the screen when I'm waiting to enter the lot. This is bizarre...

saowens
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2009, 11:31:04 am »

For Christianlov'solder skintone changers you need to have the skintones that it calls for in your downloads folder. I've had mixed results using the newer version. Sometimes it works for me sometimes it doesn't, but I know that the problem is something I did or didn't do.

I worked around this issue by putting the skin tones I wanted it to use in their own folder and then used the CL Tool to just scan that folder and add them.

I, too, have just a head. But there seems to be no problem with the Sim in game. Just the head is shown in the screen when I'm waiting to enter the lot. This is bizarre...

That is a bizarre problem. The floating head is just because it's not shower proof. You wouldn't happen to have a mod that allows the sims to be naked all the time in your game or anything like that do you? I don't know if there is such a mod but it would not surprise me if there was.
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2009, 12:17:37 pm »

No, no mod like that in my game. However, when I have him shower or bathe in game, he looks fine. Not sure what it is. But, it's not affecting game play so I guess it's not too big an issue.

*A little later*

I fixed my own problem. Seems there was something wrong with what he was wearing, I guess. It fixed itself after I changed him... although, I never had problems with that outfit before in game. Oh well, it's all good now.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 04:27:20 pm by kinnika » Logged

kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2009, 02:03:36 pm »

Wands, were you ever able to fix this problem? If so, how did you do it? Now one of my heads is a floater.

danceswithwands

[= *DAZZLED* =]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2009, 10:08:14 pm »

I haven't fixed- or even tried to yet- but I think I will start by sorting through all the custom skins and figuring out which ones are floaters.  LOL

I then will just find a file where i can link the floater to a showerproof tone... I did it once long ago- I am hoping it will all "come back to me" when I try it again... like riding a bike?  lol

Will let ya know if I make any progress. Smiley

~*~ Donna ~*~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: