Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 03:18:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 computers, 1 game dvd, what to do?  (Read 4981 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
sandersims

View Profile
« on: April 18, 2009, 05:41:14 pm »

I will try hard not to give too much background info. I promise!!

I started playing Sims 2 on a MacBook. Everything works ok with about 2.0 G of cc, Seasons and OFB, Family Fun Stuff and Holiday Stuff. However, I want to decrease the load on my MacBook and play with less cc. Thus, I'm willing to play a slimmer game, but want to keep Seasons, FFS, and HS.

SO... I installed Sims 2 and OFB on our new iMac, and tried to move the fantasy neighborhood I created for my daughter over to it. This fantasy 'hood requires enormous amounts of cc. However, the neighborhood (obviously, duh) needs Seasons installed to work.

The solution, obviously then, is to install Seasons onto the iMac for her.  rolleyes

The question: Can we both play Sims at the same time? In other words, is there a way to copy the Seasons DVD so she can have a copy and I can have a copy?

We wouldn't be playing in the same room either. Frequently I am bed-ridden as I broke myself 15 years ago. Sometimes I can't get up. I'd like to not want to play Sims, and realize that my daughter left the Seasons disc at the other end of the house on a day I can't walk more than 10 steps. After all, if I could get to the iMac, I wouldn't need the game on two different computers.

I hope you can understand this. Today is a 'fewer than 10 steps' day, and I'm afraid I am not very coherent.

Thanks.

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 10:32:19 pm »

The disk I'm sure is copy protected and wouldn't work if you tried copying it.

Your best bet would be to have your daughter pick up another copy of Seasons.  But if that's not possible, you could try Numenor's Any Game Starter (MTS2).  That would allow you to at least play a separate neighborhood up to OFB if you have that disk handy on those days Seasons doesn't get moved over to you.  Another option would be not to shut your game and computer down.  The disc is just needed to start the game and not used during play.
Razamataz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 08:37:36 am »

Simple Go to The sims Store and download the stores software. It has software included that lets you start the game without CD/DVD!

Sims Store Link!
http://thesims2store.ea.com/help.html
Requires download the EADM software and to regester!
sandersims

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 05:17:05 pm »

Thanks guys! Good suggestions and easy enough to implement!
HugeLunatic

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 11:04:58 pm »

Simple Go to The sims Store and download the stores software. It has software included that lets you start the game without CD/DVD!

Sims Store Link!
http://thesims2store.ea.com/help.html
Requires download the EADM software and to regester!

No.

That is for PC's not Macs.  Unless the OP is using bootcamp and playing in Windows, then this really isn't a Mac question.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: