Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 11:32:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: In need of a Sim TV tut!  (Read 3263 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
jazcmx

View Profile
« on: April 19, 2009, 11:17:17 pm »

I've been playing with the idea of creating my own movies for the Sims 2 TV channels.

However, all I have to help me out is Microsoft Movie maker. I know the movie must be AVI to show up in the Sims 2 tv channels, but what else am I missing? Try as I might, nothing I do seems to help. Is there a tut out there or is there someone with the knowledge I need in order to create tv shows for my sims?

BOW BEFORE THE LORD OF THE EVIL SIMS
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 11:59:33 pm »

You might want to talk to Destin a www.sim-vention.com.  He's made several things for showing on the TV.  Tell him I sent you.
jazcmx

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 08:53:40 pm »

Thanks for the link, ancienthighway.

But when I used the program that you can get from over there, it would never run when I opened it. I'm not really looking to start making friends over at a new site just so I can take a long amount of time learning how to run a program I have never seen before.

All I'm looking for is a program that works, easy to use and can do what I need and not take a week to do it. And I'm looking for a tut that is easy to understand and wont leave me stratching my head trying to figure out what the heck the guy is talking about.

I know I'm sounding like I'm looking for the easy way to do things, mainly because I am, but this is just an idea I'm toying with. I'm not really looking at this as something I'm going to be doing full time. The way I am, once something looks like it's going to be work, I walk away from it. I already have one job, don't need another one.

But like I said, thanks for the help, ancient. I do appreciate it.

Supernatural_Vixen

Certified Teddy Bear Doctor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 12:51:03 am »

Is there a tut that shows you how to make a custom channel?

Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole!
:iroc: Fire up the Impala!!
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 07:47:38 am »

have you looked at these:

http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Tutorials:Converting_Videos_for_Sim_TV_Viewing
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Tutorials:Custom_Television_Channel
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 07:56:26 am »

Very helpful, thanks.

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
jazcmx

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2009, 02:57:09 pm »

And the first thing the Tut says is:
"In this new tutorial we will be showing you how to convert your videos to import them into the game. This tutorial assumes the original video format is AVI, so if you have a WMV or RM file, please google for a separate tutorial to convert from that format to AVI."

Sadly, all videos created with Windows movie maker is WMV. So the tut is useless to me. But big thanks for trying to help me out.

I've tried Google, even dogpile, and they all send me right back to MTS2's outdated and useless Tuts. Will there be any light at the end of my searching?

amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2009, 10:09:28 am »

do you want to convert your wmv's to avi?  have you tried a converter program or are you trying to make the game use WMV? from stuff I've read so far, for TV use, the files have to be AVI & 128x128. You can convert your WMV here: http://www.media-convert.com/
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 10:40:29 am by amc462000 » Logged
jazcmx

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2009, 07:37:49 pm »

do you want to convert your wmv's to avi?  have you tried a converter program or are you trying to make the game use WMV? from stuff I've read so far, for TV use, the files have to be AVI & 128x128. You can convert your WMV here: http://www.media-convert.com/
Yes, I would like to convert my WMV files to AVI. I have tried a couple programs, but none of them worked. As a matter of fact, the last program I tried wouldn't even respond when I clicked on to it. This is turning into a very bad idea very quickly.

But I will give the link you provided a chance and I'll be back soon to let you know if it worked for me or not. Thanks for the link in any case.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: