Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 03:47:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Community Time Mod  (Read 3285 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Jay
Simaholic

Yay me!

View Profile
« on: April 20, 2009, 05:24:57 pm »

I'm looking for that mod that "fixes" the fact that sims return from community lots at the same time that they left the home lot, instead returning them at the time that they left the community lot.
Please help me find this.
Direct links would be appreciated, but a point in the right direction might help, too...
Thanks in advance!

rwills

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 10:26:12 pm »

Don't know of a mod for that.

The reason for it happening may help explain why:

There is simply no ready way to account for what any Sims remaining on the home lot might have done or not done during the elapsed time.

If there were a way to provide for anything that might have occurred on the home lot in the interim, one can easily envison a worst case scenario  of someone returning to his/her home lot and finding everyone who remained there dead because of something which occurred while he/she was away.

Time sorta kinda does pass in Uni, for example. Visiting a Uni community lot eats up college time. Upon returning to his/her dorm, a student Sim will have finals scheduled earlier than an identically semestered student Sim who did not go a community lot. But the actual displayed clock time of return will still be the same as when he/she left the dorm.

That said, you can always easily change the day and/or hour display using Insimenator if you want it to 'match' the day/hour someone left a community lot.
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 10:30:25 pm »

At first I was going to jump onto the band wagon of really wanting a mod that would do that. But rwills' reply to that makes sense, also.

I do tend to just manipulate the time to being later if other Sims are in the home.

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 11:31:43 pm »

Crammyboy has this mod at MATY.  It's been working great in my game (AL and M&G).
Jay
Simaholic

Yay me!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 12:37:55 am »

Do you have a link for me, please? I suck at searching...

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 01:06:51 am »

Go to cboy's section.  It's near the top of his mods.
TtheK

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 07:09:55 pm »

Just wanted to point out another example of when the game counts community lot time: vacations!
If you leave your hotel at 10am and go on a community lot until 2pm then return to the hotel it'll still be 2pm...other family members left behind at the hotel will be doing something different. AFAIK their bars haven't counted down any (otherwise there'd be a risk of starvation) but I'm not 100% sure about that. I was playtesting a vacation community lot (trying to carve a barely climbable path up the side of a cliff) and had my town's token lesbian couple individually visit that lot 8 times before I got it right. Hmmmm...come to think of it they might still be on that vacation with 1 day left...
JacobM

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2009, 09:29:44 am »

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,7462.0.html

that is cboys hack.

if you're saying time passage would not work while away to a community lot, you're wrong because sims could just be doing nothing at home, yet time could appear to have passed.
there's no rocket science behind something that should be really simple.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: