Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 10:49:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where is my bodyshop cc?  (Read 3682 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ladymiriam

View Profile WWW
« on: April 29, 2009, 04:51:16 pm »

Whether in my saved sims folder or my downloads folder, nothing is showing up.  The configuration file is right.  I've re installed AL, should I reinstall them all?  Could some one tell me all the files I can safely delete?  Please help if you can, all suggestions greatly appreciated.

Donna

amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 08:28:17 am »

you have enabled CC in your game?
ladymiriam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 08:02:12 am »

Thank you for a reply.

Oh yes, I'm sure everything is right.  CEP installs my DL folder, so it's correctly named.  When I play my game after an install the first thing I do is change the settings to how I want them, sim while minimised, enable cc etc.  The configuration file is right.  I have now discovered that it must be a dodgy/conflicting download of some kind. 

I've had loads of probs over the years with cc, but in all those cases simply taking out my cc and sorting through it has solved the problem.  When I start up the game again it should work fine.  In this case I had been playing when I could no longer access my CAS cc, whether in the game through mirrors/shopping or in the CAS screen itself.  Strangely the game does read these files because my default skin and eye replacements are showing up correctly in the CAS screen and if I randomise a sim, they often have custom hair.  They never have custom clothes though and I can't remember if they should use custom clothing when randomising, it's a function I rarely used. 

Since I wrote my original message I have been putting my cc in and out of the game to rectify the problem.  At present I have about 5% of my stuff left to try.  The thing that annoys and perplexes me is that when I have put a pile of files in and discover that my stuff is gone I have to create new user files if I go into the CAS screen, if I go into a lot then I have to reinstall AL again.  I have never had to go to such lengths to solve a CC problem. 

If anyone knows what kind of file could be responsible I'd be so grateful.  Just for information, when my mods/hacks are in the DL folder with my CAS stuff, they show up fine.  It's when I add my object stuff that there's a problem.  Also incase I didn't mention it, it is only CAS stuff that is affected, all build and buy mode cc is showing up fine.

Thanks again for replying.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 08:39:32 am by ladymiriam » Logged

Simsample

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 11:40:37 am »

Try generating a fresh Downloads folder- it should be spelled with a capital D- Downloads. If it is called downloads then all items except CAS items will show up. If you still have an issue, try removing your Downloads folder then running Bodyshop so that the game generates the file for you. Then put your CC in there. If all this fails, then try disabling CC in game, then restarting, then re-enable and restart once more.

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose Freewill.
ladymiriam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 03:46:43 pm »

I tried those things when the problem first arose.  I read the wiki article and have followed the instructions I read more than once.  The only thing I haven't tried is a full reinstall from base game up.  I only posted here because I had no idea what was going on as it was an entirely new problem for me.   As I said, I do need to reinstall AL sometimes if I enter a lot and only generate new folders if I've only been in the CAS screen.  Anyway, it does seem that it is a downloaded file problem, I still haven't worked out which one though.  I'm still in the process of putting individual folders in and running the game to see if that's the one.  So far so good but I did some deleting on the way so I may never know until I download it again, and I probably will because I'm trying to put together a medieval neighbourhood and there's not that much.  It's nasty though, I tell you. 

Thanks again   

amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 07:48:57 pm »

This is probably a stupid question but I am going to ask it anyway. Have you tried putting all body shop items (hair, clothes, jewelry, makeup etc) into your SavedSims folder & not in subfolders?
ladymiriam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 03:45:07 am »

Yes I did try the saved sims folder but to no avail.  I think I've tried everything, I read the wiki thing and also searched through the forums looking for posts discussing the same problem.  Although there were one or two of them, the only one I found that was resolved was one where someone had their Download folder written with a lower case d.  Mine's is correctly named. 

I have been hoping that someone might know what kind of file is capable of doing this or is it the case that any, absolutely any, file can cause any kind of issue with the game? 

Simsample

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2009, 02:16:47 am »

Your folder may be correctly named, but did you also try the bodyshop trick? Generating a fresh folder usually helps (not sure if you tried that). Also, try removing your config folder from Documents/ EA Games/ The Sims 2 so that the game regenerates that, then re-enable CC and restart. No point in reinstalling, this is an issue with your userdata not your game data. I've seen this issue many times- if your objects are showing up but your bodyshop files aren't then it has to be a problem with your Downloads folder or your config file.

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose Freewill.
ladymiriam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2009, 09:58:16 am »

Hello again,

I did try using bodyshop, but not the config file trick.  I just checked that the config file was as the wiki article said it should be.  I'm fairly certain myself that it was some kind of download problem.  When I put my Bodyshop items in the game on their own, and with my hacks/mods in with them, they showed up fine. When I put my objects folder in they disapperared.  Also it happened the first time after installing new cc, when up to that point all was well. 

I think understand what you are saying about just making new user files but that only worked for me if I didn't enter a lot.  When I did enter a lot, it wasn't enough to generate those files.  When I removed my DLs and generated new files then put only bodyshop stuff in, they still weren't showing up after going through the process of enabling cc and quitting etc.  I stopped going into lots for this reason and just checked the CAS screen. 

Anyway, I wouldn't say 'case closed' but I have my game up and running again with most of what I want in it.  So thanks again to everyone who has read my post and especially to those who replied.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: