Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 08:24:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: riverview?  (Read 5284 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« on: May 01, 2009, 04:24:20 am »

I just looked at the sims 3 website than they said they would be adding another otwn that we have to download? wil it cost us anything? will this be a whole new neighburhood? I was hoping for another town or area for them to go.

to play the sims 3 do we HAVE to have a internet connection no matter what? im still waiting for my new provider to give me a new one, they are taking forever to sort things out. tongue
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 04:38:44 am »

No you will not be required to have an internet connection to either play or register/install the game Rob Humble announced this sometime in March that TS3 will only require a simple 15 digit serial code found on the back of the instruction manual like all of the other TS2 games, as for a new neighborhood on TS3 website for the game you ask if we have to pay to acquire this neighborhood? I can tell you this for a fact if EA is working in cahoots with TSR like I have heard others mention and if TSR has anything to do with gaining revenue off of TS3 content than I think we can safely say you bet your bottom dollar you'll have to pay angry
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 07:42:35 pm »

You will need to register the game to download their CC.
Roxy2004

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 10:20:03 pm »

You will have to register your game, install the EADM and the Sims3 store.  The new neighborhood will be free.  Available through the Sims 3 store.

My problem is having to use the EADM and the Sims 3 store.  If it's as borked as the Sims2 one was, then good luck running your game.

Don't want.  tongue

amberfaye

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 07:32:44 am »

yeah the new hood seems like a nice feature but they arent going to trick me to registering my game by dangling the shiney new toy in front my face! NO WAY!
Ill just wait for someone to crack the game down and make some awesome mod stuff to download for my sims 3 game. No worth it to register, IMO.

kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 02:38:36 pm »

yeah the new hood seems like a nice feature but they arent going to trick me to registering my game by dangling the shiney new toy in front my face! NO WAY!
Ill just wait for someone to crack the game down and make some awesome mod stuff to download for my sims 3 game. No worth it to register, IMO.

The reason they have these security measures in place is to prevent the crackers, hackers and pirates to getting to their content. But I do agree that eventually someone is going to find a way around it. It's a matter of if, but when. Not that I advocate piracy of software, but let's be real. EA nixed releasing ALL of their 2009 line of Sports Games on PC specifically because they didn't want their games pirated. And they lost a bundle in doing so. That's the only way you're going to stop someone from cracking your game, not releasing it. But then that kills the whole purpose of making a game altogether now, doesn't it?

And yes, I do agree that this new hood on TS3 is a shameless attempt of EA dangling a carrot of gullible user heads to get them to register their games so that EA can whore more crap to them.

Teh Warmonger

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 02:34:59 am »

Getting me to register my game just to get some worthless piece of crap will not work for me.

It's sad however that you can't make your own hood no more

Sunset Valley ftw
Wednesday17

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2009, 10:39:06 am »

Haha, that would of course defy their intention of selling you more hoods in the future.
They're not interested in the fact that customers are people, they're just insatiably greedy.
Sorry for stating the obvious. Wink
Teh Warmonger

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2009, 11:52:38 pm »

Haha, that would of course defy their intention of selling you more hoods in the future.
They're not interested in the fact that customers are people, they're just insatiably greedy.
Sorry for stating the obvious. Wink

Their next step in their quest in greed: Releasing lots of unnecessary stuff packs and expansion packs with plenty of useless content that could have been included in the base game.

I can see it now:
The Sims 3: Weather stuff
The Sims 3: Pets stuff
The Sims 3: Not another useless expensive stuff pack
etc etc etc
PixieStyx26

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2009, 09:42:01 am »

I've got Riverview, if you don't haven't in your game you're not missing out on much. Why is it that EA puts all their ugly premade sims in the best homes and they leave your sims with the *admin edit* homes? I have found a wonderful cheat though, If your Sims want a really nice house and they can't afford it, just move them in with another family, then go to split household and evict the original family and voila the house is yours. Mauh ha ha.

Admin note: Quit the cussing! We let some fly, but not that one.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 01:07:08 pm by Paden » Logged

:love1::spanish:<br /><br />Caution Tattooed Freak on a Leash may Bite<br /><br />When there\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s no future how can there be sin?-Sex Pistols
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: