Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 09:06:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WCIF: Children enabled excercise equipment  (Read 3206 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« on: May 01, 2009, 05:37:41 pm »

I love TS2 but I miss the punching bag, treadmill and other excercise equipment that helps children get fit (from lifestories).   Kids in LS could ask for lessons or workout on their own.  Anyone know if there is a mod that enables equipment for kids in TS2?

I have TS2 Deluxe. Thanks Smiley

Sims by Dasi:

rwills

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 08:23:33 pm »

IIRC, children can use the punching bag (reward object or custom content buyable versions). Older Sims (teen and up) can offer lessons to children on the punching bag.

As for the gym equipment, it is doubtful, as the animations accompanying their use would have to be created in whole as they don't (so far as I know) exist in the game.

For building body skill, children can:

1) Use punching bag (kids will punch only at low body skill, kicking added when higher levels are attained)
2) Use obstacle course (reward object or custom content buyable version)
3) Swim
4) Work out to a stereo or other compatible audio device (radio, phonograph, etc.)

That list may not cover all the possibilities, but they are all which readily come to mind at this moment.

However, whether their mood or biology limits or contemporaneously rejects the use of any of those at any point in time is a factor of the individual Sim.

There are also some custom objects which build body skill and which might make sense for children to be using, such as some of the (non-lethal) light saber scanners here:

http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=268787
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 09:32:20 pm by rwills » Logged
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 11:45:14 pm »

The playground equipment from AL will increase a child's body skill.  If LS had exercise equipment that children could use, you might search MTS2 and MATY to see if any one extracted them.
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 06:16:44 am »

Thanks a bunch you've been more than helpful.  I can't believe I forgot about swimming.  This one family will have to make space for a pool in their tiny little yard.  I'd better check out the regular punching bag too.  I have Squinge's version but I'm not getting a "take lessons" option.   

I have a mirror that builds toddler body skill from MTS2 which I haven't checked for older children but it might work.   Pool or stereo sounds great though, my brain just fizzled out on me so I went blank trying to remember how I kept the kids in shape in LS.    I don't have AL (wish I had them all) I'll try to remember that playground equip. for when I do.

Consider this problem solved thanks to you both Smiley. Fanku

Sims by Dasi:

alesukm

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 06:32:54 pm »

also the buyable ballet barre from free time is useable by children (body skill plus music and dance hobby) The reward barre might be useable as well but i've never gotten the chance to try it out.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: