Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 10:14:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Request: Speck Skintone (as described by Robin Hobb)  (Read 3734 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
nuttie

View Profile
« on: May 02, 2009, 11:20:55 am »

Hi, I was just wondering if somebody could make this skintone for me because I myself am rubbish at anything involving custom content creation.
In her books of the Soldier's Sons trilogy Robin Hobb describes a race of forest dwelling people and I really want a sim version.
They are dark-skinned not black sort of mixed race maybe but have lines of colour all over their body. These lines range from dark black to almost yellow in colour and all stem from a central line that travels up the spine. Almost like a tribal pattern but not quite a fully tribal design.
Thanks

My blog
                    :worship::blob6::worship:
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 02:21:09 am »

I can't do this for you but to describe it more fully for someone wanting to make the skintone, the markings are not "lines of colour... from a line that travels up the spine" but animal markings. The markings on various Specks are described as "mountain cat", "trout" and various other animals - both mammal and piscine. They are not tribal but animal markings.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
nuttie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 05:00:34 am »

I can't do this for you but to describe it more fully for someone wanting to make the skintone, the markings are not "lines of colour... from a line that travels up the spine" but animal markings. The markings on various Specks are described as "mountain cat", "trout" and various other animals - both mammal and piscine. They are not tribal but animal markings.
Thank you for adding to the description, I've only read the first book so far so any other details I have missed out on that appear in later books please add them here!

My blog
                    :worship::blob6::worship:
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: