Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 02:57:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop spawning socialites  (Read 4305 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
samstevenson83

View Profile
« on: May 03, 2009, 06:25:10 am »

Hi Squinge,

I was just wandering if there is anyway you could stop the stupid socialites from spawning its driving me nuts they spawn constantly and completely fill up my entire neighbourhood when I was playing the Smith household Johnny brought a new socialite home everyday from work for 2wks i'm sick of it, it causes constant lag on my computer. I dont want a mod that stops normal townies/downtownies
from spawning as I dont mind that I would just like one for socialites to stop. If this is not poss even if you could just stop elders from being created I would be grateful as that is what is mainly being spawned socialite wise. I have all eps and sps including m&g. Thanks x
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 06:35:28 am by samstevenson83 » Logged
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 02:02:51 pm »

There are many, many ways to prevent a group of Socialites from being spawned, but how you want to play your game depends on what mods and methods you prefer to use to make your game more pleasant to play.

One of the more popular methods is cleaning out your Characters and neighborhood folders and creating your own Sims to use as townies. MATY has at least 2 threads where people discussed ways to install and play "empty" neighborhoods. By "empty", they mean totally zero Sims spawned in the new neighborhood you create.

Read the first post of the thread at MATY for a list of mods available to prevent generation of new Sims and whatsoever and get "empty" templates for your neighborhoods: Downtown, N001 and so forth.

I use the above method for a semi-empty neighborhood I can play without too many Sim characters jammed into my Characters folder for my main 'hood and Downtown. Pescado's "no regen" mods work very well to prevent a variety of Sims from being generated, Socialites included.

Then if you're not into having walkbys or visitors, there's two mods out there that work with a majority of mods: TJ's Visitor Controller, Pescado's own visitor controller version that's available as part of his DC (Director's Cut) or a package of mods at MATY. His mods are available under his own section called the Armory.

TJ also made a mod for Apartment Life to give you the option to accept or reject the Welcome Wagon with one bonus: No Socialites. I think that particular mod prevents generation of unnecessary Socialites. His is available at Simbology.

Then there's also another mod done by Squinge called No More Social Groups that does a very nice job.

I use a combination of mods from above to keep them at least from being generated for some neighborhoods I want kept clean and free of unneeded Sims and a merged neighborhood I play.

Also, please post your latest EP/SP the next time you want to make a request.

For others, feel free to contribute other methods or mods that weren't mentioned here.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
samstevenson83

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 05:20:34 pm »

Thanks I did mention in my post that I have all eps and sps you mustnt of read it properly I have put in no townie regen and its working great but I dont really want all townies to stop being spawned I just dont want sociallites/elders to be spawned.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 12:34:50 am »

You edited the post after I asked about your latest EP.

Anyways, there is an empty template just for AL that prevents the Socialites from being spawned. Coupled with the notownieregen mod done by Pescado, that's pretty much what you will get - No Socialites. I use an empty neighborhood template for AL and don't have any Socialites spawned. Just regular townies that I personally generated using the NPC maker.

The elders are randomly generated. If you don't want elders, then you could request a mod to prevent elder generations. Or do what I suggested originally. Grab all of the empty neighborhood templates for the EPs you have and install them into your game core folders. Then read the directions from the thread at MATY about cleaning up all of the character folders for all of the EPs you have. That pretty much prevents any townies to be generated regardless of their ages. This way you can personally generate your own townies however you want using the NPC townie maker.

The process for a clean and empty neighborhood is worth it if you want your own custom Sims to be townies and such.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
samstevenson83

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 02:57:47 am »

Ok I'll give it a shot
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 04:42:15 am »

Let us know how that works out for you. Smiley

Dancing Squirrels
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: