Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 06:44:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Parents refuse to go to work, even with a nanny present...  (Read 1698 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kinnika

View Profile
« on: May 04, 2009, 09:55:56 am »

So, why is it that my parents are not going to work, but are leaving me a message saying "I just can't bring myself to go to work when there is a little one at home" and there is ALREADY a nanny in the house. This morning, dad said that and there were two nanny's in the house. One I had come throughout the night and one that came in for her usual afternoon shift.

Why is this happening?

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
MaddyLou

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 02:09:07 pm »

I had almost the same problem. Ashley mi problem is the nannys, I mean it´s a game problem or something that makes nannys sometimes don´t wanna leave the home when they should. I tryed to fire her but she doen´t wanna go, then I hired a new nanny, and both of them didn´t wanna leave the home!! So I had two nannys walking around the house all day, and being stinky because they didn´t take a shower during days. The first time I resolved to move the family to another house, and I fixed the problem, the second time nannys were so annoying that I used "move_objects on" to delete them....

Well the thing is that besides nannys were all the time at home, dad and mum didn´t wanna go home because they didn´t wanna leave kids "home alone".
Let me see, I´ve heard about a "hack" or something like that that could solve this problem, but I didn´t test it, so I don´t know if it really works.
If I´m ok I did read about this on the sims2 oficial site: http://thesims2.ea.com/
I´m not sure, but try there.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 10:47:06 pm »

Have you by chance made the nanny selectable at any time.  If you have, then made her unselectable again, she lost her "nanny status" for that visit.  Tell her goodbye, cancel and restart the service.  If you have the Lot Debugger (MATY) Nuke the sim-scheduler before restarting the nanny service.
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 10:57:30 pm »

Yeah, I think you're right on the "select" thing. I should let them go to work before "selecting" the nanny from now on. Because the next day, i didn't have her on "select" just yet and both parents were able to go to work again.

By the way, that Lot Debugger says its for Family Fun Stuff. I don't have that. Does it matter? Is it just upgraded for FFS? Or does that just stand for "Flying Fish Systems"?

« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 08:29:59 am by kinnika » Logged

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 12:20:05 pm »

The FFS Lot Debugger is Flying Fish Systems Lot Debugger, something Pescado was using long before Family Fun Stuff came out.  He has made a number of updates since AL came out, so make sure you have the latest for the whistles and bells.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: