Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:33:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Neighborhood Map Problems  (Read 3501 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ThatScaryChick

View Profile WWW
« on: May 04, 2009, 07:14:16 am »

I am having a problem with my Neighborhood maps. No matter what map I download, when I view it, it comes out looking blocky (sp?), uneven and part of the land mass seems to sink in water. I have no idea what is causing this. Does anyone know what the problem may be? I put up examples to show you the huge difference in the map images:

This is how the map I downloaded is suppose to look:

This is what it looks like in my game from the neighborhood view:

MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 02:37:30 pm »

My first thought is if you have your graphics settings on correctly? Is your graphics card ok with the amount of "drawing" the game does?
That is definitely unusual-and all I can say is that you should check your configurations for the game and the computer-because it's not supposed to look like that!
Sorry I can't be of more help. It might also help us if you let us know what EP's you have, your computer configs, etc; that way we figure out if it's the card or the computer.

ThatScaryChick

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 03:05:41 pm »

Thank you for your response MaryH. I have all EP's/SP's up to BV/Teen Style Stuff. It's weird, because I don't seem to have any other graphic problems. In fact, my game runs pretty good and everything looks nice in game. There isn't any blurriness or anything. It's just the map that looks horrible. Do you need more info then this? I took my downloads folder out to see if something was causing it, but nothing changed. I am thinking I may have to uninstall/reinstall everything, but that is kind of a last resort.

ETA: I just updated my driver and that didn't do anything. Plus, I tried to create a neighborhood with concrete and it wouldn't show up. It just went to grass. I have a feeling that this is all due to me having a low end graphics card even though other things look ok in my game.  Cry

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 5/4/2009, 15:39:30
Machine name: HOME-PC
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.090302-1506)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: HP-Pavilion
System Model: KJ385AA-ABA a6433w
BIOS: BIOS Date: 03/28/08 16:53:51 Ver: 5.22
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual  CPU  E2180  @ 2.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
Memory: 3062MB RAM
Page File: 1196MB used, 5144MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 10
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 6.00.6001.18000 32bit Unicode

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Intel(R) GMA 3100
DAC type: Internal
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_29C2&SUBSYS_2A6F103C&REV_02
Display Memory: 286 MB
Dedicated Memory: 0 MB
Shared Memory: 286 MB
Current Mode: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: HP w2207 Wide LCD Monitor
Driver Name: igdumdx32.dll
Driver Version: 7.15.0010.1666 (English)
DDI Version: 9Ex
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 2/26/2009 19:34:14, 536576 bytes

This is how things look when I am in my game:

« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 04:46:52 pm by ThatScaryChick » Logged

MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 08:55:35 pm »

The in-game graphics look fine-but the maps, I don't know why they're not showing properly. On my computer, I have less memory for the card, and it shows all the detail.
 I think that the CPU is low, though.

For instance- this is my setup:

System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 5/4/2009, 21:45:13
       Machine name: MARYS-BIG-TOY
   Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090206-1234)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: GATEWAY                         
       System Model: T3508                           
               BIOS: Default System BIOS
          Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) D CPU 3.33GHz
             Memory: 494MB RAM
          Page File: 390MB used, 1019MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
     DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

Display Devices
---------------
        Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT
     Manufacturer: NVIDIA
        Chip type: GeForce 7300 GT
         DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
       Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0393&SUBSYS_04121462&REV_A1
   Display Memory: 256.0 MB
     Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
          Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
  Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
      Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
   Driver Version: 6.14.0011.7824 (English)
      DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
 Driver Date/Size: 10/7/2008 14:33:00, 6058112 bytes

Even with all this, my computer does drag a little-must get more memory for the game. It runs almost perfectly except with movement sometimes.

I don't think it's the game install-I think it has to do with your hardware-I don't know if you can update the chipset or not-but you might want to investigate that possibility.

ThatScaryChick

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 10:10:25 pm »

Yeah, I get the feeling that I need to update my graphics card. It really is on the low end of the spectrum. I was just hoping that maybe it could be fixed without costing me money. lol. My sister has a friend who I just talked to and he is going to see about updating my computer with a better graphics card so maybe that we help. Thank you again for helping me out Mary.

MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 05:14:05 am »

I know that Nvidia has its' share of detractors, but for my money, I'd buy that-it seems to be the best one that I know of that can handle the intense stuff-and EA does have it listed as a "supported" card for the game. You might want to look at the list on their site to see which ones you can get that will do the job.

I hope that you can find a fairly cheap one-I will admit though, that if I hadn't had a very generous friend, I wouldn't have the one in my computer now. I didn't have the money to buy a new card, and she was upgrading anyway, so she sent me the one I listed.

Usually it runs about $100.00. Unfortunately, game makers seem hell-bent on making us pay good money for upgrading-the husband is convinced it's a conspiracy between them and the computer manufacturers. Sometimes I think so, too!

I hope this helped you and that your problems will go away with a new card. It's worth it, in my mind to get a better one. It makes the play more enjoyable and less aggravating.

saowens
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 12:14:52 pm »

Yeah, I get the feeling that I need to update my graphics card. It really is on the low end of the spectrum.

That is most likely the cause here. The difference between your graphics card and the one MaryH has is yours is a graphics chip on the mother board  and it uses shared memory from the total memory installed in the pc. The one MaryH has comes with it's own memory and GPU. (graphics processing unit)

I would recommend Nvidia also. I've used them for years and never had problem one other than having to upgrade them when games just became to graphics intense for the card.

You can find some really good deals on Ebay for last years model of cards.

One other thing you would want to make sure of is if the mother board you have will support the card. You should be able to find out the specs in the manuals that came with your pc. You should look for Pci-Express support on the mother board.
ThatScaryChick

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2009, 01:18:28 pm »

Thank you Mary and Zordac! I talked to the person who is going to update my computer and he brought up Nvidia as well, so it looks like that is the direction I am heading. I really hope a new graphic card will fix that because I really want to be able to play beach and concrete lots.

saowens
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2009, 02:08:27 pm »

You will be truly amazed by the difference it makes.
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2009, 04:21:35 pm »

To echo Zordac: it is worth every penny to get a good graphics card-that way you can run all high resolution graphics, all the sounds, etc-without straining your computer.
Hope you find one you like and can use.

(Sorry I didn't disclose that my card has its' own memory-the newer ones do, and they're fantastic.)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: