Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 07:34:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Default grass cover  (Read 4099 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
goderguy

View Profile
« on: May 04, 2009, 01:13:24 pm »

Hello! Does anyone know where I can get the default grass cover that empty lots come packaged with? I do landscaping around trees with mulch and sometimes I make a mistake or decide to move/remove the tree, and I noticed there isn't a terrain/ground cover option that exactly matches the default green grass. I'm sorry I don't have a picture of it... I've searched the forum here and the download section at MTS2 for cutom ground cover, to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 04:49:56 pm »

Might want to give these a whirl and see if they match (and work) in your game:

http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=122019

There's also supposed matching versions with rocks here:

http://sparkyssimsations.com/floors_stone_last.html
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 05:14:23 pm by rwills » Logged
goderguy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 06:06:10 pm »

Thanks a bunch for the reply and the links! They weren't quite what I was looking for, but your help is appreciated all the same!  Rock
downunder2006

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 08:26:24 pm »

Is it sort of like this one?

http://nene.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=171302
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 02:56:44 am »

Just delete the grass by holding in the ctrl button while painting. Then the default cover comes back.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
goderguy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 11:13:28 pm »

Yes, the one pictured on the right... I know how to undo, but sometimes I make changes after I've saved, logged out and log back in.

Thanks for everyone's ideas! I am surprised that something so simple hasn't been made into CC by anyone yet. I have found one of the Maxis terrain grasses matches close enough so I use that in the affected areas and then spot it around the yard elsewhere so it doesn't look like the obvious mistake that it is...  Wink
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 11:27:19 pm »

What theraven is getting at is that you don't have to use undo. Even if you put terrain paint on a certain spot or area, then save and exit, when you come back in you can select the terrain paint tool, then hold down the ctrl key and when you paint over the affected area it removes the terrain paint, uncovering the Maxis grass terrain underneath. Terrain paint is not a permanent change, even when you save and exit. I regularly move trees on downloaded or Maxis lots and remove the terrain paint that was at the base of the tree in this way. This is why nobody has made a terrain paint out of the default Maxis grass. It is always there, available for you to uncover, provided you used the lush terrain on which to build your hood.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009, 04:58:56 am »

unless, of course, you use another neighborhood terrain - like the desert sand. Then the sand is the default cover that returns when deleting the terrain paint.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: