Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 10:55:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: (FOUND) Something to be closer  (Read 3586 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
MaddyLou

View Profile
« on: May 05, 2009, 01:48:39 pm »

I´m looking for a mod or something that allows me to see closer when I´m playing. I mean I´ve seen really nice pictures of other sims, but when I want to take pictures of mine, It´s not close enought like I´d like, and the camera doesn´t allow me to get closer... Do you know what I mean??
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 02:41:34 pm by MaddyLou » Logged
Jay
Simaholic

Yay me!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 02:55:13 pm »

There are a couple of camera mods on MTS2 that allow you to get up real close.

Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 08:26:47 pm »

I use Gunmod's camera mod but there are others out there.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 05:12:37 am »

You can also use the TAB button, which will let you use the Free Cam. It's no use for playing, but really good to use when you want to get close-up shots, or from other angles and such.

TAB = Free Cam on/off

arrow buttons OR W, A, D, S = moves the camera forward, left, right, back
Q = down
E = up

+ and - will let you go even closer or further away

mouse (OR touch pad on laptop) = tilt camera up, down, left, right

Ctrl + 4 to 9 will let you save a camera angle
(the numbers then will put the camera in the angle you saved. Especially useful after FreeCam mode, since the camera often jumps or tilts another way when turning it off, so it's useful to save one "normal" angle in PlayCam mode. You can save different angles in PlayCam and FreeCam on each button)

other useful buttons:
1, 2, 3 = speed (1= normal, 2= faster, 3= ultra fast)
P= pause on/off
End = walls down one level
Home = walls up one level
PageUp = one floor up
Page Down = one floor down
Ctrl + Z  = undo
Ctrl + Y  = redo

To take the grids away when in build/buy mode: press R before TAB
(R is the shortcut for the Recolor tool, which is almost the only thing that takes the grids away in build/buy mode)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 02:27:12 am by theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
MaddyLou

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 01:22:11 pm »

Thanks all!! I knew something about the TAB botton, but I never could handle it because I didn´t know how it works. Now I do, so I´ll check it next time I play.
Maybe then I could check the camera stuff, but I´m a little scare about it, I´ve had bad experiencies with some mods that replace maxis stuffs.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 06:16:53 pm »

Gunmods Camera is a perfectly safe mod to use. The added bonus with it is it will allow you to play in an entire neighborhood, rather than just the default three or four block radius the game gives you. You can pry my camera hack from my cold, dead hands (right along with my coffe cup) LOL.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
MaddyLou

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 11:37:30 am »

It´s good to know that!! I´m always asked myself how others do for take a picture and see all neighboardhood behind their sims... Maybe I have to wait, I´m gonna buy another computer because this one has only 512 mb RAM and sometimes when I´m playing in a big lot, it moves realy slow, it seems that cannot load all images at same time. But after have more RAM memory it´s sure that I´ll use it!
Thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: