Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 07:48:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: No "vacation want" mod  (Read 3295 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
miss nette

View Profile
« on: May 05, 2009, 05:53:12 pm »

I have BV but don't play it often, and the "go on vacation" wants clog up my want slots. I'd love a mod to correct that.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 03:33:17 pm »

Depends on your preference for the types of Wants you want nuked or handled logically. Is BV your only latest EP? There are a few Wants mods out there to handle the wants and fears properly, but some of them are made for FreeTime and up.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
miss nette

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 01:10:34 pm »

I have all EPs. I keep BV because of the CC I have that needs it, but I just don't actually play vacations often.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 01:16:18 pm »

I can't see vacation wants filling up every want slot as your post seems to suggest.  The most I've ever seen is one vacation want at a time.  Usually when those come up, your sim is getting other "useless" wants like playing the piano or blogging about x or whatever is appropriate for you game configuration.  At least one of those wants is something you can do right now.  And when you do, all the wants recycle, and your vacation want goes away.

I'm not saying a mod can't be made to do what you want, but as easy as it is to clear that want, why bother?
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 01:58:18 pm »

It does matter if those vacation wants, without a mod, clog up the Wants/Fears slots and stay there sometimes.

There are a few mods out there that do the Wants/Fears in a logical manner so they don't become annoyingly repetitive or stuck forever until you fulfill that want.

Pescado made a mod called LTWvariety that handles the Wants and Fears in a way that makes more sense. Certain wants are nuked that repeats themselves all the time to a point you want them gone. Once achieved, the wants won't return. The vacation wants appear less often, but only when your Sim or family has the money to satisfy that want.

You can find LTWvariety in the Hack Directory thread here. If you have AL that is on top of BV.

Then you have Twojeffs who did a series of mods affecting certain wants in a similar manner to Pescado's, but his mods are less intrusive. You can look at the Wants Mods section here.

If you only want the vacation wants completely nuked so they won't show up again, you can make a request in Squinge's Request section or in the community requests board to have one made for you and maybe other people who wants the same thing you do.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
miss nette

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 02:36:01 pm »

It does matter if those vacation wants, without a mod, clog up the Wants/Fears slots and stay there sometimes.
Exactly - the clogging.  Wink

Thank you for your suggestions. I'll check them out.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: