Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 02:25:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: More grant money  (Read 2440 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Doggie

View Profile
« on: May 07, 2009, 03:35:41 pm »

Wellllllllll, I never really make requests, but I was thinking about this since I got University. I got all these cool grants when I start school, one girl even got 3600 her first year, but, that's it, hey you buy a frig and a bed and bam you're on your own kid.
I downloaded some of the College isn't Free mods, so I was wondering is there a way to increase the money given each term? Or maybe give each student a token for their grants and have it pop up then to give the money?
Sorry if someone has done this, I try to keep current on most mods, but I haven't seen anything like this before.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 03:31:22 pm »

Well, there are ways to get more money for college. For one, if your teen Sim gets at least 8 points in a skill, the teen will get a scholarship. The more skills the teen get 8 points for, the more scholarship money the teen will get. There are small jobs your YA can do - work as a cafeteria worker, DJ, bartender, barista, tutoring or even as a personal trainer like in the gym.

There are other scholarships your teen can get for being abducted by the aliens, for being an orphan (no parents), for being a vampire or a zombie (Undead). Also, if you're interested, you can download the mod from DJS's new site to get more scholarship money for the badges your teen earns. This is if you have Seasons in addition to University.

These are a few things I can think off the top of my head right now. Also, I have a few mods in Squinge's section that increases the amount of money the Sim makes as a DJ, bartender or cafeteria worker. Check them out there if you want your Sims to work but not off the dorm lot.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Doggie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 12:29:11 am »

Oh, I know about the grants as a teen, I have a pretty standard habit of getting at least one 8 point stat for a grant, highest job as teen and perfect grades. I've also got the more grants mod from MTS2, which gives grants for a few other things, like badges.
Working as a DJ or in the cafeteria is a great idea, I actually got those as soon as I could, thanks btw. They are really good mods, it's just they require a dorm or community lot to use them, and I just don't have the PC to handle those for long. (I get annoyed and go home, or move my Sims to the Greek house.)

I was thinking more about the teen grants when I posted, as I worked pretty hard to get those A+ grades or 8 points before I sent them off, and it's only for when you start school. I'm not sure if it's possible, and I'd never be able to do it, but is there a way to link the memory of having won the grant to a token and getting them the grant on a college year bases?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: