Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 12:05:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Misc news  (Read 62907 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
maniac19642003
« on: May 07, 2009, 06:51:13 pm »

Sims 3 wallpaper
Sim Programs, http://www.simprograms.com/ found a very cool wallpaper on the Singapore EA site. It's available in 4 different sizes.
Get it here: http://thesims3.ea.com.sg/downloads.php

Sims 3 event
EA Uk had a small Sims 3 event where people could play the Sims 3. Though there were some technical problems, still lots of info came from the event. The Sims Zone made a very detailed report about their playing time.
Check it here: http://www.thesimszone.co.uk/editorials/index.php?ID=74
maniac19642003
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 07:00:22 pm »

German fansite SimFans was given 6 screen shots of the downloadable town Riverview. As a side note; I've seen the town at the Sims event and it's a very relaxed place with lots of green. MJ Chun said they had lots of fun creating it and hid several easter eggs in it.
Check all the new screens at SimFans here: http://simfans.de/sims3/screenshots.php

Thanks to Sim Times we can already take a look at the new official Sims 3 site. I don't believe it was meant to be found as many links are non-working. Be quick; It may be taken off-line anytime!
Find it here: LINK REMOVED

The above link went to a site requiring a username and a password to access the blocked files.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 12:31:11 am by Chaavik » Logged
ma.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 07:47:48 pm »

I'm not sure if this will fit here, but I found a two-part video that is (in my opinion) pretty crucial and will answer a lot of our questions.

The Sims 3 Demo With Grant Rodiek Part 1 The Sims 3 Demo With Grant Rodiek Part 2

(Mods, if this needs its own thread, then go ahead and move it)

SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 09:54:15 pm »

Riverview looks like a beautiful little town, Do we have to pay for that neighborhood to download it or will it be FREE to the community when the game is released? also just so you know I tried going to the new official site and a pop up comes up asking me for a user name and password and tell me I am not authorized to visit this site so lol I guess EA took it down or something.
ma.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 10:12:02 pm »

SimGirl20: Here's what I found about Riverview: article

SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2009, 10:16:53 pm »

Thank you ma. that helped clear things up for me but I read something on that site that was suspicious to say the least. whats the deal with this you have to be online to play the damn game? wth I thought that Rod Humble announced in late March that there would be no online need to play and or no need to register to play the game or no SecurROM! now whose twisting whose words?
ma.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2009, 10:24:30 pm »

Well, Grant specifically said that it was single-player in the second part and he's an associate producer.

Who's twisting words?

SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2009, 10:28:38 pm »

No, no you missunderstood what I said. I read on that site that 'after' you download the neighborhood Riverview that you can 'then' play offline..so what there basically trying to say is if you do not download Riverview then you will need to be online to play the game? maybe someone can clarify that for me because I know what I read in that letter to the community by RH
ma.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2009, 10:30:39 pm »

Ah. Right-o. I misunderstand easily. ^^,,

Yeah, I wonder on that as well.

Magicflute

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2009, 10:41:38 pm »

No, no you missunderstood what I said. I read on that site that 'after' you download the neighborhood Riverview that you can 'then' play offline..so what there basically trying to say is if you do not download Riverview then you will need to be online to play the game? maybe someone can clarify that for me because I know what I read in that letter to the community by RH

Ooh ... I hope that's not what they mean. Perhaps they just meant to refer to the neighborhood? After you download it, then you can play it offline? I don't know. I hope that's what it is!  huh

SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2009, 10:44:33 pm »

Thats okay Wink I hope that this is not true because sadly I can only logg on in the P.M. so I'll be very mad lol if I can only play the game for like 3 hours...but I am also confused about something else sorry if I am hijacking your thread Maniac but it has to do with the game so maybe the mods wont get mad, um so I am trying to understand something before I go out and buy the game okay I know that the game needs to have 1GB to run on Windows XP (which I have) but what I don't understand is do you need to have 1GB available on your computer just so it can install or can you play it but if you don't have the Gig then your game will be slow and choppy? someone please let me know about this because I'm not sure if you need the Gig just to install or just to make the game run smoother Undecided
Magicflute

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2009, 11:52:04 pm »

^ No. Ram essentially just makes the game run faster. You can definitely install the game and run it without having enough. Before I got more RAM (and then a whole new computer thanks to my kitty spilling water on my keyboard and frying my motherboard  angry ) I had gravely too little ram to run Sims 2 well. I only had 128M of ram on my old pc, which is barely enough to even function. It was sad. But the game still played! It was just really choppy and slow on even the lowest settings. How much do you have currently? (And what operating system are you on? Makes a bit of difference too.)

SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2009, 12:23:09 am »

Woot! you just made my night MagicFlute Grin Grin Grin so I can go ahead and buy the game when it comes out and get the RAM at another time when I have the money? thats great news! yay I'm so excited now I have a Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 3 Compaq Presario AMD Sempron Processor 3400+ 991 MHz with 448 MB of RAM currently installed I hope my game won't go rediciously slow until I can get some RAM to play the game better? Sad
Magicflute

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2009, 12:48:11 am »

Woot! you just made my night MagicFlute Grin Grin Grin so I can go ahead and buy the game when it comes out and get the RAM at another time when I have the money? thats great news! yay I'm so excited now I have a Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 3 Compaq Presario AMD Sempron Processor 3400+ 991 MHz with 448 MB of RAM currently installed I hope my game won't go rediciously slow until I can get some RAM to play the game better? Sad

Lol. No problem! Yeah, it'll probably be pretty slow, but it would still run. Definitely save up for some RAM though. You would be amazed what a difference it makes. Everything runs SO much better ...  rolleyes Makes me wish I'd gotten it sooner!

SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2009, 12:59:00 am »

Well I can deal with a little lagg until I can save up for some more RAM but I hope its not like realllyyy slow and takes like hours to load the only main concern I have about getting the RAM is not having someone be able to install it for me, I live in a small town and I would have to drive to the next county which is about 30 miles away just to go to a shop to get the RAM installed, either that or risk getting electrocuted by doing it my dumb-ass self Cheesy but I was thinking maybe it won't go as slow as what we think since it is a 'base game' and no downloads or CC is going to make a whole lotta difference too
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: