Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 08:25:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Misc news  (Read 63418 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2009, 09:58:45 pm »

Personally, I'm not overly interested in pretty pictures form EAs propaganda department. I think a great many of us here are interested in condemning the thing, not helping EA promote the crap.
Yea I know, freedom to, blah, blah,etc. etc. This is just my personal ten cents worth about that thing.
Magicflute

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2009, 02:37:18 am »

Some people are interested. They just don't comment as much since most people seem to disagree. Pictures do not equal promotion. There's my 2 centsWink

Thank you for the update, maniac19642003.

Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2009, 03:50:09 pm »

Actually, pictures are used to promote games. Haven't you seen something that looks totally awesome and made up your mind that you wanna play that game because with graphics like that, it must play like heaven on a stick? Don't tell me no, because sight is one of the things the game designers try to appeal to. If it has wonderful game play and story line, but crap graphics that give you eyebarf, you're not gonna play the stupid thing. And that is the opinion of someone that has seen the video games evolve from the first Pong game to the first Galaga game to the first Nintendo and Atari consoles to the first PCs that had to be programmed with DOS, clear to the machines we have today. If it didn't appeal to the eye, the person wouldn't pay for it. We are, after all, a visual society, or those games wouldn't have been called "video" games, now would they? And that is my opinion, given without a cent in the world cause I'm flippin' skint at the moment.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Magicflute

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2009, 04:28:27 pm »

Sure. When a company releases pictures, it's promotion. All I was saying is that maniac was just updating us and there's nothing wrong with that. And I think there's no reason to be rude or say that he's just promoting the game simply by sharing new information with us.

Just because not everyone is excited about the game doesn't mean that those people who are can't post or share anything.

Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2009, 04:45:29 pm »

Oh, I agree they've a right to share their hopes, but I also think that others are trying to warn them not to get their hopes up too high because by the look of it, it's not worth wasting the energy of getting excited over. I truly hope I'm wrong and if I am, I will cheerfully laugh when all of you stick your tongues out at me and say, "I told you so." Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 04:51:25 pm by Paden » Logged

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Magicflute

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2009, 05:06:34 pm »

Yeah, no joke. I want it to be good and, so help me, I'm ridiculously excited ... but I'm trying to keep it in check, lol.  DOH2

violetlass

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2009, 12:03:51 am »

For every one that is concerned about having to be online this is what the fine print states right before you per-order the game:

ACCESS TO ONLINE SERVICES REQUIRES AN EA ONLINE ACCOUNT, IS LIMITED TO ONE EA ACCOUNT PER SERIAL CODE AND IS NON-TRANSFERABLE.  ONLINE PRODUCT REGISTRATION WITH SERIAL CODE REQUIRED TO ACCESS SOME ONLINE SERVICES.

So the only way you would need to be online is to download game content or custom content. Or an even bigger issue to have an online account is to speak with Tech Support (who know nothing about computers). So no need to fret people, online only to register and downloads.

To read the fine print again visit TS3 pre-order.
http://thesims3.ea.com/view/pages/preorder.jsp

Friends help you move; bestfriends help you move bodies!
maniac19642003
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2009, 05:33:08 pm »

New videos
Gamespot posted 2 more Sims 3 movies here: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/thesims3/video/6210368

Interview
Norwegian site VG Nett gave the opportunity to fans to ask questions to MJ Chun about the Sims 3.
You can read the results here: http://tpn.vg.no/intervju/index.php?Inr=1938

Sims 3 workshop
TSR has started the Sims 3 Workshop. They are working together with EA for several months now to create a custom content tool. Why EA specifically chose TSR to create this tool is unknown and will no doubt give some heavy discussions. Hopefully this tool will be available for all creators and not just for TSR's.
Check the info about this tool here: http://www.thesimsresource.com/workshop

Marketing
And lastly, a small article about the cost of marketing the Sims 3. Adweek.com estimates this to total 18 million dollar!
Read this story here: http://www.adweek.com/aw/content_display/news/strategy/e3i4fb04ccd3a536c41d9d63103d05021c2
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2009, 05:54:42 pm »

Thank you very much for posting this

Pierre Wink

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2009, 06:14:11 pm »

Looks to me like what a lot of people have been predicting is true. I wonder what other little surprises EA. is going to spring on us.
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2009, 06:55:28 pm »

On the T$R, in the replies, Thomas said this:
Just to clarify some questions: 1. The tool will be free for everyone to use, no limitations. 2. Content produced with the tool can be uploaded anywhere you want, there are no restrictions such as only uploading to TSR. 3. We will not claim any ownership over any content produced with this tool, the EULA is there to protect the artists. Hope this answers some of your concerns!

I need to read the EULA again, or will be different on ship day? EA really listening to us?

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
amberfaye

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2009, 06:56:06 pm »

I think the new game play is what is going to be so fantastic about TS3.... the seamless neighborhood and Im super duper excited about the traits thing. Years ago I said they should do something similar to that... to make each sim more unique.

There are some thing that I have seen so far that I think EA could have done a little better, but none the less Im hoping the pros will out weigh the cons. Cheesy

~Dee~

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2009, 09:43:18 pm »

I wouldn't touch anything made by TSR, with their history you don't know what their will put in that tool.
And Thomas saying it'll be free to everyone...he has said alot of things in the past, most of them untrue.
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2009, 11:02:53 pm »

I am in agreement with you, Dee. I never intend to mess with that. Waiting on the more brillant. Just made want to re-examine the EULA, cause if they can make a 3rd party tool, then others can also.  (Hope it is okay to write the last sentence)

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2009, 12:07:29 am »

I am in agreement with you, Dee. I never intend to mess with that. Waiting on the more brillant. Just made want to re-examine the EULA, cause if they can make a 3rd party tool, then others can also.  (Hope it is okay to write the last sentence)

Let's not forget that TSR is not exactly what we'd call a "reputable source." As well as the fact that no one can confirm nor deny that they are one of EA's concubines. While yea, they have cooked up a 3rd Party tool, let's wait and see when one that's NOT TSR affiliated comes to fruition before we start singing praise. When that happens, I might...maybe...just maybe...change SOME of my tune about TS3. I'm still not buying it, but the idea of having 3rd Party modding tools available that don't risk EA sending their guild of Legal Ninjas after you would do a lot towards me possibly getting the game after a few EPs are on the market and much of the MESS behind the game if finally cleaned up. As it stands now, I'm still far to content with TS2 to even facilitate buying the new game.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: