Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 12:45:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Misc news  (Read 63407 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 29, 2009, 01:47:30 am »

T$R have said time and again that they are not endorsed by EA or affiliated in any way - though, no, I don't believe everything I read - so if THEY can produce a tool for this game I see no reason why other sites shouldn't be able to

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2009, 06:34:19 am »

Sims 3 workshop
TSR has started the Sims 3 Workshop. They are working together with EA for several months now to create a custom content tool. Why EA specifically chose TSR to create this tool is unknown and will no doubt give some heavy discussions. Hopefully this tool will be available for all creators and not just for TSR's.

Bah!  Reading that actually made me regret some things put the sticky now... curse you, irony.   angry 

I don't have any trust for those who put "watermarks" in custom content files... who knows what they'd coded in that program to be added in people's own files, free use or not.  (or maybe I'm giving a little too much credit there? I think someone's paranoia has rubbed off on me...)  Cheesy  Besides, there's more reliable people putting up a good fight in making better tools.  So if EA wants people to screw the rules and then not do anything about it again... let the saga continue.  tongue

Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2009, 03:27:36 pm »

From what Pescado has said, it's really not a working tool yet at all. Let them work all they wish, they may have it done by the time Sims 4 rolls around. Cheesy

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2009, 06:23:15 pm »

Let's hope and pray that EA is smart enough to hand The Sims 4 back to Maxis so that they can do the game right. I think that's a fact that's flown straight over the heads of everyone, The Sims 3 was NOT developed by Maxis. It was developed by EA Blackbox (Responsible fore the crapper of a game called Need For Speed:Undercover and the past 2 lack luster NFS titles before it) and Visceral Entertainment (Formerly EA Redwood Shores). So the game wasn't even made by the people who created The Sims series in the 1st place, which in and of itself explains A LOT as to why the overall game falls short of most our expectations.

lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 29, 2009, 06:26:04 pm »

I saw that Paden and I believe Pescado. Like I said before, I am waiting on the more reliable modders who opened Sims 2 to modding and creating.

My concern about EA not allowing 3rd party tools as legal and we have to go underground to get what we want for our games may be out. Allowing T$R to make tools, although they are not affiliated with EA (as they say), then others can do that too. I just need to take time and examine the EULA closely. Copied the one at Sims Cave to read up on.

Bill whats-his-name said in the interview the team that developed Sims 3 are most of the same that worked with Will Wright and the other sim games. If it is so, then I say EA corrupt them or they just threw up their hands and did it their way.

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 29, 2009, 07:00:03 pm »

Let's hope and pray that EA is smart enough to hand The Sims 4 back to Maxis so that they can do the game right

That is very unlikely to happen-EA bought out Maxis years ago and submerged the studio into the company. Maxis does not exist anymore.
Will Wright was the co-founder of Maxis and he got a hunk of money to sell to EA. At that time Maxis was doing poorly and it was a marriage of convenience.
He had nothing to do with any of Sims 3, I would guess. He was just paid to show up. His last really big job was developing Spore. Reportedly he was not really pleased at how his ideas were just thrown out the window and EA took over from him.
Needless to say, you only have to look at the results to see what happens when EA decides to "develop" a game.

Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2009, 02:51:42 am »

Yeah, puke city all over our monitors. Cheesy

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2009, 10:30:01 am »

Let's hope and pray that EA is smart enough to hand The Sims 4 back to Maxis so that they can do the game right

That is very unlikely to happen-EA bought out Maxis years ago and submerged the studio into the company. Maxis does not exist anymore.
Will Wright was the co-founder of Maxis and he got a hunk of money to sell to EA. At that time Maxis was doing poorly and it was a marriage of convenience.
He had nothing to do with any of Sims 3, I would guess. He was just paid to show up. His last really big job was developing Spore. Reportedly he was not really pleased at how his ideas were just thrown out the window and EA took over from him.
Needless to say, you only have to look at the results to see what happens when EA decides to "develop" a game.

Quoted for truth.

simguy18
muscular sim drooler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: May 30, 2009, 05:30:38 pm »

So yeah the sims 3 website is updated, everything is there now including the shop.  I took a look, talk about stuff from Sims 2 all over again, and the fashions and hairstyles suck.  Seriously what are they thinking?  I hope this game flops so bad it hits em hard...

Creativity is a key to all things good.
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 30, 2009, 06:00:30 pm »

oh good god, what's the first thing I see in the "check out what players have made with Sims 3" box but a bloody floor lamp by DOT *head desk*

If that isn't enough to put anyone off, I don't know what is

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: May 30, 2009, 06:31:28 pm »

I think it's quite safe to say that The "Sims 3" ship has set sail...right towards an iceberg. Just sit back and watch the show. The game has potential, I'll say that from my brief hands on with it, but EA's frakked things up way to much as far as the non-gameplay elements, CC Distribution and everything else involving the game for me to be bothered anymore. As I've said before, when the mess is cleaned up and the game actually looks worth the $60 it's worth, I'll but it happily. But that's not gonna be for at least another two, maybe three EPs, which would be approximately 2 years down the road. Until then, The Sims 2 is my game, nuff said.

Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 30, 2009, 06:51:41 pm »

I iz blinded, someone pass the eyebleach *shudder*

I'm sorry, I couldn't let you all forego looking at the awesome custom content already available on the exchange. So for your viewing pleasure, I bring you the one, the only ... COW CAR!

*runs off to poke out eyes with fork*

kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: May 30, 2009, 07:16:18 pm »

We thank you so much, Ali...for allowing us to share in your suffering. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go rinse my eyes out with ammonia.

WTFITS!!!?Huh?

The 4 people who actually downloaded that need to be shot...

maniac19642003
« Reply #73 on: May 30, 2009, 07:17:57 pm »

*pokes out his eyes as well* I wouldn't get any of that cow crap either, especially from there.
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 30, 2009, 07:24:51 pm »

They're not serious are they? I mean look at the s---, it's embarrassing.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
  Print  

Jump to: