Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 09:17:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: New pics/Sims 3 gold  (Read 12318 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2009, 03:17:14 am »

Pssh. Good reviews mean shit. A game this high-profile has reviews that are obviously bought. Besides, what would some stupid magazine know about actual simming? They'll give a good review to a game about Rod Humble farting if they pay them enough. ONLY BAD REVIEWS ARE TRUTH.
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2009, 03:45:10 am »

I agree Tenshii~Akari the sims in TS3 do need some better genetics but hey remember how fugly the sims looked in TS2 before anyone even knew what CC was? I am experiencing that again first-hand playing the story mode in The Sims Life Stories. The game will allow little to almost no custom content so I am stuck with a minimum of like 6 dining chairs and all the ugly maxis clothes again! ahh lol so I think maybe TS3 will be better than what people are saying it wont be, but I just can't get over how cartoonish they look..like there eyes look like my little sisters barbie doll eyes..and they just need ALOT of work along with the game how Sim Oneish it looks but I guess everything can't be perfect seeing as there will be no load times and everybodys computer can run the game (highly unlikely)

Actually contrary to what many people think SLS allows a good deal of CC and hacks (see my threads in the lifestories help section).  I just switched from months of SLS (first game I had) to TS2 in January so trust me I know. 99% of the hacks I use now from here & ISA worked in SLS.   Compatibility approximates basegame +NL.  However if your comp can't handle the requirements then there might be problems. 

I wouldn't recommend purchasing it over TS2 lol but I didnt know any better then.  All the same I had room to experiment so I found out what worked.

Is it me, or does this screen shots look like Claymation? And I still can't get over how ridiculously cartoony the in-game models look. They took a step back with this game, BIG time IMO.

True they do look cartoony--ten steps backwards at least.  I love the idea of roaming with the family to the park or walking throught the neighborhood (or driving).  That's the only thing that makes it interesting.  I'm still planning on waiting until after it allows CC and no online logins necessary to play.

Sims by Dasi:

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2009, 05:06:20 am »

All the "Stories" games other than Castaways are basically a total waste of money. Only Castaways offers anything that isn't already actually in the REAL game, and even then, not much.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2009, 11:56:57 am »

Well I've already bought the game, so no need to try and tell me how to spend my money thanks..I thought it was a nice game add-on to my collection because I was bored with how slooww the main game was going for me and wanted to actually play the game because sitting  here waiting for 20 minutes for Pleasantview to load and then additional 10-15 minutes just for my family to load isn't my cup of tea and having to wait that long I am already bored and ready to do something else, so I don't know why you J.M. Pescado insist on being rude everytime you post, why do you have to be so negative all the time?
Magicflute

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2009, 02:02:39 pm »

True they do look cartoony--ten steps backwards at least.  I love the idea of roaming with the family to the park or walking throught the neighborhood (or driving).  That's the only thing that makes it interesting.  I'm still planning on waiting until after it allows CC and no online logins necessary to play.

I may be wrong, but I don't believe that you will have to register it online to play it, just to download things. I think. That's what it seemed like at least from what I've heard.

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2009, 03:15:26 pm »

... so I don't know why you J.M. Pescado insist on being rude everytime you post, why do you have to be so negative all the time?

Because, as it say under his name, he's a fat obstreperous jerk

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Magicflute

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2009, 03:24:40 pm »

^ And because he saved this site, so imho he can do/say whatever he wants!  Thumbs Up

brat1083
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2009, 03:30:57 pm »

... so I don't know why you J.M. Pescado insist on being rude everytime you post, why do you have to be so negative all the time?

Because, as it say under his name, he's a fat obstreperous jerk
  I think it say his truth...and I don't disagree with most of his sentaments...
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2009, 04:15:27 pm »

Agree to disagree or disagree to agree.. Let's keep to the topic please.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2009, 10:59:56 pm »

So just because he helped save the site gives him the right to be an ass to everyone? I think not
brat1083
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2009, 11:40:40 pm »

I hoping against hope that the no CC is just another myth..Maxis stuff is just so Bland
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2009, 12:14:48 am »

So just because he helped save the site gives him the right to be an ass to everyone? I think not
The only things I have said in this thread is that good reviews are rubbish and those who produce them are shills, and that all the Stories games are rubbish. So, tell me again, why do you seem to be taking this so personally? Guilty conscience? Somehow I am not surprised that peopel with NUMBERS in their names cannot be trusted! Did EAxis pay you to spread their lies and propaganda? How much did they pay you? SPEAK! CONFESS YOUR CRIMES!
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2009, 12:20:06 am »

Like Joy said Tongue

If you have a question about my mods post it here
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2009, 01:36:10 am »

I hoping against hope that the no CC is just another myth..Maxis stuff is just so Bland
Not entirely,just check the sims store or TSR. when the thing comes out,oh, and keep your credit card handy. Look out Pescado is on a roll and you got numbers with your name.
As for the fuglies, until they let you import custom skin tones you're gonna have put up with pigs in silk.
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2009, 01:38:52 am »

Pssh. Good reviews mean shit. A game this high-profile has reviews that are obviously bought. Besides, what would some stupid magazine know about actual simming? They'll give a good review to a game about Rod Humble farting if they pay them enough. ONLY BAD REVIEWS ARE TRUTH.

Quoted for truth. And I'll back it up even more. Online videogame sites such as IGN.com, 1up.com and the like are all shams. The people they have reviewing games are JOURNALISTS...not gamers. Or at the least casual gamers at best. The same people who would review a game like Smackdown Vs. Raw 2008 (Last years game) and give it rave reviews but rate a game like Fire Pro Wrestling Returns poorly merely because the game uses 2D sprites instead of 3D polygons. Damn the fact that the gameplay is leaps and bounds better then any game in the SVR series. Ever heard of payola in radio? That's what most of these sites get for their reviews. Big name publishers toss them a few extra bucks and some "promotional" copies of games for then to share with family and friends so that the company can boost it's numbers, and in return they get a whimsical and raving review. Meanwhile gullible consumers go online, read the review, go out and buy the game like a brainless zombie and get disappointed that it didn't live up to it's hype. Can anyone say Spore? Or Fable II perhaps? Or how about EA's own Need For Speed: Undercover? Prime examples of games that "reviewers" gave glowing reviews for, but ended up being crap.

If you want real, objective and at times brutal reviews, go watch X-Play on G4, or pick you up a copy of Game Informer Magazine. They rip games a new a**hole if it sucks, and if it doesn't suck, they STILL point out the shortcomings a game might have. El Presidente hit it on the nail, and I can pretty much back that up being a full fledged gamer, as well as working for a game publisher myself. (What company I shall not say, I'll just say we have a big office in New York.) And yes, I have numbers in my name...the numbers of THE BEAST!!! MUUAAAHAAHAAA!!!

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: