Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 11:37:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I clone an in-game dog or cat?  (Read 2066 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SimCoffee

View Profile
« on: May 08, 2009, 02:09:57 am »

I have a dog in one neighborhood and want to clone him for another. I used SimPE to export him to my desktop, then stuck him in my DL folder, but he didn't show up in CAS.

I did a robust search here and at MTS2 for a tutorial on making a simple clone but only found stuff on a Wormrat program which is more extensive than I need. Can someone please tell me how to clone an in-game pet or a link to a tutorial? I used to see them long ago but not now. Thanks in advance.
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 09:02:16 am »

if you put the package file in the PetBreeds folder, does it show up in CAS?
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 06:58:40 pm »

I'm pretty sure you don't extract pets. You have the owner use the phone to Register Breed. I"m not sure how you actually share the breed with other people, but that's how you make a pet available in CAS - by registering the breed.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 02:05:48 am »

What Engram says. Pets cannot be packaged and extracted like Sims. Follow her suggestion and register its breed.

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-- William Shakespeare, "Hamlet" (Act 2, scene 2)
"Yes, Sharing is caring, especially caring for the person you're sharing."  -- AxelVal
I said I Love Yuu not you --Nalia
My LiveJournal
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 07:37:50 am »

Umm, there is a section on this very site (& a ton of other sites) where one can download pets that someone else has made. perhaps that is what SimCoffee would like to do...
Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 07:48:50 am »

SimCoffee? 

I only know, from my experience, that by exporting pets from SimPE does not work but if you register its breed and then go to CAS you can recreate it for another family. Of course there must be another way, if you say that players upload and download pets, it's just that I have never done it myself.

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-- William Shakespeare, "Hamlet" (Act 2, scene 2)
"Yes, Sharing is caring, especially caring for the person you're sharing."  -- AxelVal
I said I Love Yuu not you --Nalia
My LiveJournal
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: