Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 02:06:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Calling X-Men fans! I need some help with something!  (Read 4557 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Mooncat
Nutjob
Site Santa!

I feel pretty, oh so pretty!

View Profile WWW
« on: May 13, 2009, 02:39:57 pm »

Okay, here's the thing.

I'm working on a music video to a Nine Inch Nails song called "The Fragile" with clips from X-Men 2 & 3.  It's basically about Wolverine falling in love with Jean Grey.

But I need some help.  I don't think I can find enough really good clips of those two to put in the video.

Any ideas/volunteers?

"You are what you love, not who loves you..."
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 03:13:47 pm »

What about the clip when he first meets her in the first X-Men? All the other clips would be from the animated series, possibly. Could be wrong about that, though. I'm probably thinking of the comic book series.

I'm sure that if you sit down and watch them (time consuming, I know) you could find some subtle looks between the two. Or you could just manipulate scenes so it looks like they're having chemistry together.

That's the best advice I can give you.

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
Mooncat
Nutjob
Site Santa!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 03:25:29 pm »

The problem with the ideas about the first movie is that I don't have it.  I don't own the physical copy of any of them.  I borrowed the second and third movies from a friend and ripped them to the computer.  I have a few scenes from the second one of them talking, and two clips of them kissing.

I already know how the end of my video will go.  The last clip will be from the third movie where Jean Grey says "Save me," and Wolverine says "I love you" and kills her, then cries about it.

But I need some clips to fill the rest of the song/video.

kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 06:23:02 pm »

Well, when I say manipulate some scenes I mean look for scenes where Jean Grey is giving Summers "that look", but then cut to show Wolverine receiving a look from some other person or watching something with the same look. That's what I mean by scene manipulation.

I'd hate to give you an example, because I don't want to offend you. I have no idea what level of experience of editing you're at. I, myself, am taken aback by the video makers on youtube. I would love to learn how to do it myself. I pretty sure I have the equipment, just no idea of how to do it.

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

Mooncat
Nutjob
Site Santa!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 08:20:02 pm »

It's alright now.....thanks to a miracle, I finally finished the video!  I can't put it on YouTube because of the strict copyright thing, especially for Nine Inch Nails songs (grrr), so I'll try to upload it somewhere else, and then I'll post the link here so you can see it.

kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 09:15:00 pm »

Sounds good. I look forward to seeing it.

Isn't that copyright rule just to make sure that people won't take credit for the song and / or movie used? The proper credit just needs to be on there, right?

What's the deal with NIN songs? Curious.

Mooncat
Nutjob
Site Santa!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 09:30:32 pm »

All my music videos on YouTube give proper credit to the song, artist, and movie.  But I don't know...YouTube is apparently really picky about songs and other stuff used in the videos.  For instance, I made a video to a Disturbed song about a zombie movie, and for some reason, they blocked the video because of the music I used.  They said that the video "contained content belonging to UMG (Universal Music Group)" and that I could either replace the music with a song off their list of accepted music, or I could delete the video.

It sucks.  Big time.

I'm trying YouTube right now anyway, hoping for a miracle.  But if it doesn't work, I'll have to try somewhere else.

EDIT: Holy flapdoodles!  I uploaded it to YouTube...AND IT WORKED! Rock

I asked for a miracle and I got one!!!

Here's the link to it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG5Ab6AEZEo

Some of the clips move like they've been sped up, which I didn't do, but I still like it.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 10:23:21 pm by pickles260 » Logged

kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2009, 08:12:27 am »

Hey, thanks. I'll check it out.

I don't upload vids and have no experience with YouTube. But I will say, as a viewer, the only real annoying thing about YouTube is the fact that people are way too lazy to give any credit and they make an awesome video. But then the video is taken off because they don't take the extra time to give the proper credit. Too many awesome vids have been deleted off my playlists just because people are either lazy or don't pay attention to the rules. Just really annoying.

DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2009, 11:05:05 pm »

It says it's been removed by the user. Sad  Let me know when you update it, k?

Sims by Dasi:

Mooncat
Nutjob
Site Santa!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2009, 11:10:23 pm »

I had to delete it because YouTube blocked the video due to a copyright claim on the music. rolleyes

I'll try to upload it somewhere else and when I do, I'll post the link.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: