Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:18:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where can I get toddler clothing or am I just to stupid?  (Read 5471 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Llial

View Profile
« on: June 06, 2009, 06:56:41 pm »

Sim Baby turned to a toddler an had just shorts on. I thougt I can get new stuff for tyke from the dresser but  there is no option to "plan outfit" for toddlers. There is no option in the tots pie menue and I am lost. Did I miss something?

Can somebody please give me a hint or tip where a can planing an outfit for the poor little thing? And by the way is there a way to chance the toddlers hair?
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 08:35:23 pm »

From what I have seen, you cannot change a toddler's appearance. I don't have any kids in my game at the moment so I can't say that I have verified this information, but that is what I read around the place.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
violetlass

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 12:26:45 am »

Sorry but your stuck with the cloths they have on, unless you make a toddler. There realy isnt a way for adults to get new clothes, but try clicking on them like you would older sims to change them.

Friends help you move; bestfriends help you move bodies!
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 12:35:03 am »

thypically EAaxis... Undecided
At least there's options for toddlers in sims2 - though it's really weird if they did not put in anything. Why on earth wouldn't we want changing tables???

*So I'll stick to sims2 until EAaxis starts thinking...*

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Llial

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 03:33:33 am »

GAH2 Thats, what I thought. No choices for toddlers. And I'm disapointed there is no changing table and you can't build a nice nursery. I loved to have complete nurseries. Cry

But 2 days mourning if somebody in the families dies, that's just great, crying and crying and more crying angry
rylangere

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2009, 06:23:17 am »

Actually, you can change a toddler's clothes!  I have found that clicking on the dresser does not work unless my toddler has been taught to walk (and/or talk).  I think just one of those will work.  The toddler must be the selected sim and have them click on the dresser or mirror!  I was also frustrated with this, but after I taught my toddler to walk, he was able to plan his clothes and change his appearance.  I hope this helps!

"Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2009, 06:34:28 am »

Wow... so toddlers actually have to earn the right to change clothing?  That's not very fair at all...  EA could've thought that out a whole lot better that doesn't actually take away from some of the game.  Sad  Oh well.  Perhaps someone will fix that "feature" one day.

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2009, 06:52:52 am »

Well... we all know how *cough* intelligent the sims creators are - so I'm not really surprised...
Is it just me, or is it rally laughable that a toddler (age 2-4) should be able to change his/her own clothes as soon as he/she can walk? My nephew is almost 4, learned to walk a little over a year old, and is still getting help with dressing himself...

For some reason, I feel EAxis actually managed to stupidify the sims even more in sims 3. I just saw a video of a child biking to school - yet he took the school bus home... Where on earth did the bike go? And a pregnant sim with contractions running to the hospital (or at least to the car)? I've never been pregnant myself - but I just can't see that running while having contractions could be described as pleasant...

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2009, 03:22:52 pm »

I can assure you that pregnancy in real life is nothing like pregnancy in Sims 3. I didn't run 20 miles to the hospital to have my son or drove 20 miles either. My mom took me because pregnant women in labor are hazardous to their families' health.  Grin

As for transportation, you should check your Sims' inventories to see if their bikes or cars are in there. Why do they put cars into their INVENTORIES? I sure as hell can't put a car into my backpack...

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
violetlass

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2009, 04:42:33 pm »

Um yea, I would like to retrack most of my statement, I did play with a toddler(that I didn't make) and you can change ther clothes of apperance. They don't have to walk, crawling is just fine, just click on the dresser or the mirror and it will load like it was going in to CAS. Its not like TS2 where you cant tell how they will look until you are finshed.

Friends help you move; bestfriends help you move bodies!
Llial

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2009, 05:09:29 pm »

Thank you all for the tips and I will try it with my next toddler. Yeah, EA and their fantasies about pregnent women rolleyes It is time, that mothers take over the programming of preggers. Evil
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: