Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 11:56:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Am I doing something wrong?  (Read 3382 times)
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
CB2001

View Profile
« on: May 14, 2009, 02:43:34 am »

Okay, before I begin, here is the game and EPs I have that are installed:
Base Game: "The Sims 2"
EPs: "University", "NightLife", "Open for Business", "Pets", "Seasons" and "Bon Voyage".

Now, here's the problem: I have begun looking into the boolProp cheats that many Sims 2 machinima makers have used.  After following the instructions, which was to hit Control+Shift+C to bring the command console down and then type in the cheat code (even the one to enable the cheats), I keep getting a message that looks like this:

ERROR TSCheatSystem: ERROR IN CHEAT: Expecting at Least 2 arguments in command '(name of cheat code)'. OnErrorClearParserTempState called.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?  If so, what is it and how can I correct it?
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 03:04:47 am »

The short answer is, yes, you are doing something wrong.  Not knowing specifically what cheat you are trying to use and how you are trying to use it, it's next to impossible to tell you how to use it.

The Sims 2 FAQ section here has a couple of posts with all the acknowledged cheats listed and what they do.  Take a look at those posts.  As an example:

boolprop allow45degreeangleofrotation [true/false].  The [true/false] indicates a toggle and you would only use either true or false when typing the cheat.  Some people swear you have to use capital letters as in BoolProp Allow45DegreeAngleOfRoation, others swear it doesn't matter.  In my experience, it doesn't matter and I take the lazy route and just use all lower case.  After using one of these cheats, if you open the cheat box and press the up arrow, you can scroll through the cheats you've used.  Do this and set the cheat back the way it was to avoid potential problems later.
CB2001

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 10:42:33 am »

Thanks for the heads up, ancienthighway.  I'll try that to see if it helps.

But the ones I was trying were all of the ones that were boolProp related, including the boolprop cheat to disengage the items to be alligned with the grid (I can't remember the exact one, but it doesn't have the true/false detail, it has an on/off detail), but all the ones I tried I kept getting the same error message.  Anyways, I'll retry them with the true/false detail and see if it works and give you a heads up on if it does or doesn't work.
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 06:06:48 pm »

Well it certainly sounds as if you are inadvertantly including extra spaces or else not including spaces where needed.

Some examples of working cheats:

boolprop snapObjectsToGrid true
boolprop snapObjectsToGrid false

Or one which does not use boolprop:

moveobjects on
moveobjects off

As mentioned above, the cheats may work for you with all lower case rather than with the selected caps (whether or not they do is on sort of a case by case by user's system basis).

If, rather than describe what you typed, you actually replicate here what you typed, exactly as you typed it, more specific aid might be forthcoming.
CB2001

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 01:56:37 am »

Thanks for all your help guys.  So far, the cheat codes are working like they should.  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: