Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 05:59:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop/fight burglar mod  (Read 6174 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« on: May 15, 2009, 06:16:53 am »

Twice I was playing and my sims were having a party when a burglar started creeping up.  Though a whole crowd watched him enter, no one had the option to interact to stop him.  I just found myself thinking all the buff guys at the party, kids etc & no one could stop him unless the alarm was installed?

I had one call the cops but then they just had to stand around acting helpless while they got robbed blind right in front of 10 guests...huh?  No way.  I mean I have alarms installed now, but seriously no way someone wouldnt lock the doors or bop the crook in the head or something to try and stop the crime.  I'm sure it could have several outcomes, like he gets away with it if your body level is lower than his, etc but at least you tried. 

I have ts2 deluxe which =  TS2 + NL EP +Celebrations SP.  Thanks a bunch. YAY

Sims by Dasi:

AdmiralAeris

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 04:40:25 pm »

That's odd... with the exception of the first night at the Caliente house, I've never gotten a burglar while sims were awake and active.  (The Caliente house is scripted to have a burglar visit at midnight regardless of what the sims are doing)

Beauty comes in many forms... not all of which are visible
simminbaby

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 07:47:22 pm »

I have had that same problem. I can never get the cops there in time to get my stuff back. I'd like to second this mod. It will be very useful to many people.

S*** happens when you party naked...you should try.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 12:00:33 am »

Bigfoot & pets can attack the burglar.
That's odd... with the exception of the first night at the Caliente house, I've never gotten a burglar while sims were awake and active.
Me either

If you have a question about my mods post it here
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 03:42:51 am »

I think werewolves can attack burglars. Vampires can't attack them. I guess it's probably because they don't sleep at night.

I think the OP wanted the option available to all Sims, supernatural or normal, to fight the burglars.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2009, 03:55:55 am »

I think werewolves can attack burglars. Vampires can't attack them. I guess it's probably because they don't sleep at night.

I think the OP wanted the option available to all Sims, supernatural or normal, to fight the burglars.

Precisely Smiley.  I don't have pets or whatever EP werewolves came with.  I have had three burgular attempts in TS2 (several in my SLS game which I haven't played since I got TS2)  and it always seems ridiculous when someone is awake or guests stand around witnessing this guy load up on stuff.  Just seems there should be an option to try to stop him, with win or lose variables/rewards. Thanks for giving it some thought.

Sims by Dasi:

Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2009, 12:32:23 pm »

Werewolves came from Pets, Vampires came from Nightlife, Bigfoot came from Bon Voyage. The others aren't scary enough to even frighten a mouse.

There would be enough interest in this mod if more people were aware of the opportunity to fight burglars.

Oh, Mr Squinge, make it so that Mrs Crumplebottom is treated as a burglar. Tongue

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2009, 09:50:59 pm »

Tee Hee Maybe my game is spooked or something  cause I've had a few attempts.  I had no idea it didn't occur the same for others.  Of course you hear the music way ahead anyway which makes me want to shout, "catch him can't you hear the theme music!", at my screen.

But then I get the Counts (vampire) too and I've heard some have never seen them.  It's not like a daily occurance or anything but in about 5 mouths I've had several burgulary attempts and seen the counts at least 4-5 times...that only adds up to once in a blue moon but still often enough for it to to seem absurd not to fight back.  Not to mention it's annoying to see the same crook in a bar the next day.  The jail must have a revolving door. lol, now I'm ranting about crooks.

Laugh2 Oh yes it would be awesome to have Crumplecakes hauled off by the police for smackin' folks with that iron purse of hers.   Of course it'd be funny if (as an optional twist) she turned it around by bribing(of been a friend of) the cops and got your sim fined or thrown in jail--now I'm reaching for the moon, hehehe.

The fight option would be a great start Grin we need something to divert us til world's end Wink YAY.

Sims by Dasi:

aelflaed

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2009, 06:23:47 am »

Please Mr Squinge, is this happening? I hate watching my sims robbed blind when they could at least TRY to stop the burglar.

Thanks for considering.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2009, 10:13:02 pm »

What part of rule #14 don't you understand?

If you have a question about my mods post it here
aelflaed

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2009, 05:52:55 am »

It had been a month, and I didn't want you to think no one cared, that's all. Back in my box now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: