Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 03:56:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims3 preview  (Read 13229 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2009, 01:27:13 am »

Thank you Chaavik that helped Wink
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2009, 05:49:49 am »

Since I am easily amused I have been playing this all day. I know I said it's very Static Chicken-like but here's what I think after giving it a good go:

1. I still think it's like a more interactive version of Static Chicken. I wish they had given us more CAS options so my Static Sim could be a bit more customised.

2. I love the idea of evening classes to raise skill points so I don't have to sit there and watch my sim read a book for hours on end - they go to a cooking class instead! I just hope that this is something that they have included in the game.

3. I'm really liking seeing the interests and personality, etc, influence whether a sim will come on an outing or not. It's not just a matter of "I have 20 relationship points with you so I'll come over". Now it's "I'm not interested in watching movies so I don't want to participate in the outing". But this same sim will come out to the theatre, etc, so relationship points don't rule outings but interests do. Again, seriously hope this is in the game because this is a GREAT idea.

4. Travel to work can be done on foot (free) by bus or by taxi (both cost). I think in the actual game there will also be the option of going by bike. This is nice and you can change the transport method at the end of the day. Although a sim cannot walk if work is "too far", which also makes sense. Nice!

5. Sims apply for job and don't instantly get them. If the sim is in a bad mood or tired, they get a pop-up the next day that their application for job X was rejected because of their poor interview performance, eg. "the interview committee found that you yawned a lot". I know that taking care of a sim's needs is a one click type of thing in TS3 but to someone like me who likes to do things the pedestrian way and make sims earn their keep, this sounds freaking awesome and I really hope this, too, is in the game. Getting a job is far too easy in TS2.

There's more that I hope will be present in the actual game. But this is getting really tl;dr so I won't write any more.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
ma.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2009, 06:34:26 am »

I'm pretty sure that they're including evening classes into the game, Engram.

Okay, I have games on both the site and facebook, do anyone know how to raise cleanliness because they both keep getting sick. Is it only baths?

Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2009, 07:07:28 am »

Not sure. Keep cleaning the house, too.

Anyway, apparently the "preview" is just a revamped version of a game called Kudos. Read about this on S2C and when I looked up Kudos, seems that it looks almost like SimSocial. So I guess we shouldn't get too attached to those cool things like evening classes, etc Sad I was really hoping that this was just a totally dumbed down version showing what features we might expect but it turns out to just be a Sims 3 skin on a totally other game.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
ma.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2009, 07:09:20 am »

From SnootySims: "Sims can take classes to learn skills much faster than reading or doing."

Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2009, 07:22:25 am »

That's good to know Smiley Skilling was definitely an area that could use improvement.

ma.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2009, 07:27:53 am »

Oh definitely. I mean, TS2 was great for having the cooking channel but a lot of sims will only watch it for, like, 30 sim-seconds and turn it off, not causing the bar to go up. >< So I'm definitely looking to see if we can redesign the classrooms or not. (Probably not, but that will be okay. Classrooms are supposed to be boring YAY)

Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2009, 12:04:17 pm »

OMG .. I have a new obsession! That simsocial thing is bloody addictive!

Pierre, I don't know whether to thank you for putting up the link or beat you up LOL

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2009, 12:21:46 pm »

OMG .. I have a new obsession! That simsocial thing is bloody addictive!

Pierre, I don't know whether to thank you for putting up the link or beat you up LOL

Your welcome ali

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2009, 01:43:40 pm »

I understand that Uni in Sims 3 is supposed to be way better than Uni in Sims 3. At least they did away with that stupid want "Go To College".

I got hooked to SimSocial too, Ali. I stayed up real late last night playing it!

Only 14 more days to go. Time to squirrel away the money. I did reserve a copy in February at Game Stop... Oh the wait is so painfully long..

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2009, 05:43:08 pm »

I've been playing the facebook version and am already experiencing a bug  angry When it does the automatic "save and go to sleep" it fails to save and resets me back to the previous state, losing money, job advancement and skill gain. Last time I played I tried doing a regular save and exit and am hoping that it kept the changes.

It's been fun playing the app, though. I'm hoping that at least of the features I was looking forward to, such as applying for rather than automatically getting jobs, etc, are actually part of the gameplay. My husband pre-ordered the game for me as a birthday gift. The shop told him it's going to be available June 1, which is 3 days before the Australian release date so that's pretty cool  YAY

SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2009, 09:48:57 pm »

Did I miss something? Blink about the SimSocial thing I mean is it supposed to be interactive because my sim just sits there without ever walking anywhere all I can see is her daily blogs..
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2009, 11:02:34 pm »

You didn't miss anything. It's not interactive. You get the sim a job and work on his/her skills to advance them through the ranks to fulfil their lifetime wish. The only interaction you get is choosing the after work activity, but the sim doesn't physically do anything.

SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2009, 11:57:46 pm »

Oh okay thanks Engram Grin
Care

contimplation or constipation?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2009, 08:42:34 pm »

yeah thanks for the link been playing it also. I only hate it when you do a couple things and it goes to the your sim is asleep it will wake up in 9 min then the countdown start playing and it immediately goes right back to that ugh... Smiley

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: