Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 06:25:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: The few buttheads out there that ruin it for the rest of us. Post your Rant  (Read 12338 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2009, 11:13:19 pm »

Fickle unreliable people.  You know the kind that always need you but are never there when you could use help with the slightest thing?

OH YEAH ... Story of every "friendship" I ever had, Dasi. They whined to me every two seconds about everything and anything but the second I needed the smallest favour they had some excuse. Makes me sick, it really does. And sadly I'm the kind of person too nice to say no and I just get stepped on.

My rant at the moment: I hate when they discontinue sodas that I love. No, really. I'm still really upset about Sprite Tropical Remix and that was 4 years ago. I just did a "5 Favourite Sodas" thing on Facebook, and my top three are all gone. Along with original Cherry Coke. So, that's kind of 4 out of 5.  rolleyes

My other ride is a chocobo.
phishfood1301
The Shrink

I will shoot!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2009, 11:46:53 pm »

WHAT?!? They're stopping cherry coke?!? NOOOOO!!! Cry

Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2009, 11:47:50 pm »

WHAT?!? They're stopping cherry coke?!? NOOOOO!!! Cry

No, it's just they stopped it for a while (I think? When Black Cherry Vanilla came out) and then they brought it back when they discontinued BCV, and it's been different since. Well, it tastes different to me.  Undecided It's entirely possible I could've just gotten over my like of it, though, and that's why it doesn't taste the same. I liked BCV a lot more.

My other ride is a chocobo.
Mooncat
Nutjob
Site Santa!

I feel pretty, oh so pretty!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2009, 01:12:09 am »

What really gets my blood pressure up there...

The "JC Penny One-Day-Only Sale"! They say on TV it's only for a day, but they have that stupid sale so often that they should re-name it to "The JC Penny Year-Round Sale"!  FOR THE LOVE OF JESUS ON RUBBER CRUTCHES, PEOPLE!  COME ON!!!

"You are what you love, not who loves you..."
phishfood1301
The Shrink

I will shoot!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2009, 01:16:33 am »

Ah, yes. In my hometown we had a store that "WAS CLOSING! WE HAVE BEEN FORCED TO SELL EVERYTHING! NO OFFER WILL BE REFUSED!!!! for sixteen years...

kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2009, 01:42:42 am »

A few weeks ago I went to Best Buy looking for a new Graphics Card. So I find the one I'm looking for, but pull one of the Geek Squad guys to the side to try and get some specifics on the particular model I picked. And as it turned out, the bastard knew NOTHING about Graphics Cards. Not a damn thing. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't these guys get PAID to know about tech products? You know it's a problem when you as a consumer know more about tech then the retailer you're buying it from. IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE!!!

Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2009, 08:32:44 pm »

Interview for a position on Geek Squad team:

"Do you know how to turn a computer on?"
"Yes..."
"You're hired!"

A friend of mine once worked the Geek Squad detail. The first day he was hired, they handed him this ginormous cheat sheet filled with all manner of technical definitions, how-to instructions, etc. That just blew my mind.

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
Max24

junior deputy vice assistant

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2009, 09:44:47 pm »

"Um... Blow in its ear?"
"Your name is Jenna, isn't it?"

Yes, I apparently have a death wish.  So?

Rest in peace Katie Ashton.  The world is a lesser place for your absence.
Mooncat
Nutjob
Site Santa!

I feel pretty, oh so pretty!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2009, 09:51:53 pm »

"Um... Blow in its ear?"

Yes, I apparently have a death wish.  So?

GIGGLESNORT

"You are what you love, not who loves you..."
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2009, 11:25:28 pm »

*glances at Max while hovering her mouse cursor over the 'Delete User' button*

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2009, 11:46:45 pm »

"Um... Blow in its ear?"
Yes, I apparently have a death wish.  So?

GIGGLESNORT

Laugh2 Giggle

Sims by Dasi:

kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2009, 12:00:48 am »

That's what Retail has come to. I remember when you could walk into a store and actually speak to an employee that not only knew what they were talking about, but actually was PASSIONATE about their job. Nowadays it's just slackers or college kids just trying to get a paycheck because there parents cut off their debit cards. One of the core reasons I do most of my shopping at Mom & Pop stores. I'm much more incline to drop cash in a small business then one of the big chain stores, because you KNOW the guy running a small electronics shop knows his stuff. I had a similar experience today at Gamestop when asking about reserving a copy of Modern Warfare 2. The dude behind the counter looked like he didn't even know what the frak I was talking about. I literally said with a few other customers behind me "Do you even play video games, or do you just work here?" Got a couple chuckles out of the people behind me. I worked for Gamestop back when I was in my early 20s, and people would ask for me by NAME in my store because I knew my stuff. I am a 100% true gamer afterall. It ended up being what led me to getting into graphic design. But these days you'd be hard pressed to find sales people in retail who actually know anything about what they're selling. It's no wonder people shop online so much these days, because going to an actual store is a waste of time and braincells. [/rant]

brat1083
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2009, 12:54:27 am »

Yea i go tp a mom and pop hardware store in town that next to Irving. The lock smith is the only person around here that can cut keys For a Rolls Royce and Bently's from a Blank key on saturday I was in ther and a guy drove all the way from Houston to have a key made for his 1954 Bently..He was taken back when the lock smith would take a $100 tip, the lock smith said that will be 20 dollars and a thank you...

There some thing to be said for craftmanship and the pride of a job well done...no computer will ever replace that.
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2009, 02:36:12 am »

Damn skippy. In this day and age where everyone wants instant gratification in everything, it's refreshing that there are still some of us that appreciate and aren't at ALL afraid to get some dirt underneath their nails for a job done well, and done right. I've always been that type. When my PC has problems, I don't take it to tech places or anything, I crack that sum'bich open and fix it. When the pipes in my kitchen sink started leaking, I went out, bought replacements and fixed it within a 3 hour time frame. Yes ladies, there ARE still some of us guys out there who are experts at "guy" stuff and take PRIDE in it. I can't begin to tell you how many times I wanna lol when I'm on the subway and I hear a pair of frail looking Wall Street preppies talking about "I had the repair man over this weekend to look at the heater." A real man would get his ass to Home Depot, get a new heater, get back home and GET TO WORK.

Nonni
Site Santa!

Who would Nonni rather kiss? Naughty Nonni!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2009, 02:40:31 am »

It's true. All that you say is true. I might have broken down and cried but the quote from Jenna, "blow in its ear", turned me from going down that path. I believe "The Force" is with her. Star Wars

About skippy, my mom used to pray that dad would not be able to repair the washing machine AGAIN, because she wanted a new washer and dryer.

Isaac Newton defined tact as "the art of making a point without making an enemy."
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: