Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 11:00:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AL Objects are invisible  (Read 2685 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
channie919

View Profile
« on: May 16, 2009, 10:09:31 pm »

I downloaded a custom lot for AL (I have all the expansion packs and stuff packs). When I move my sim in and start furnishing the apt I noticed that I was getting a message saying that I "can't intersect objects" even though I don't see anything there. When I go into the same apt building and play with another family and allow them to visit their neighbor's apartment, there are objects that are now visible to me and them. My sims can still use the objects and place food on the "invisible" counters, but I cannot see them or delete them. Can someone please tell me how to correct this? Is anyone else having the same issue? This is driving me absolutely nutts!  huh
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 09:37:49 am »

Someone else may have a better solution but if it was me this was happening to I would move out all families so the apartment is not occupied, then change the lot zoning to residential, save & exit to neighborhood, go back in, replace the offending items, change the lot zoning back to apartments, save & exit to neighborhood, go back in, save & go back out, move the Sims back into the problem apartment & make sure it works ok.  It probably took longer for me to type this than it would to do what I typed. Grin
Simsample

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 02:18:52 am »

I wouldn't rezone- there seem to be problems caused by zoning a lot to apartment, then rezoning to residential and back to apartment again. I would scrap the lot and rebuild it if moving the sims out doesn't work.

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose Freewill.
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 09:29:07 am »

Really??  I have never had a problem ever doing that.  What kind of problems do you have?
Simsample

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 04:50:45 pm »

It can bork the apartment controllers and cause glitchiness, such as invisible furnishings where they are meant to be visible. Pescado mentions it here:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,14333.msg410486/topicseen.html#msg410486
There was another thread somewhere where he went into more detail, but I can't find it now. I wonder if rezoning is part of the problem with some of the Belladonna apartments too.

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose Freewill.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: