Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 10:10:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims3 first expansion pack  (Read 20653 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« on: May 17, 2009, 10:35:24 am »

hello everyone just found some news about the first sims3 expansion pack.

"We have just received from our representatives in The Sims 3 Tour event in Sao Paulo
information about the first expansion of The Sims 3. Representatives Weslley, Eduardo and Victor spoke to the manager of marketing for EA Games, Ian Freitas, and revealed that the first expansion of The Sims 3 exists, and that probably has something do with occupations and work. Great news! Keep an eye on O SimBR.net for more news in real time about events in Brazil!"

*Edit: removing Link

Pierre Wink
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 02:16:06 pm by Pierre1 » Logged

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 01:11:42 pm »

They haven't even released the base game, and they're talking expansions already. My, how greedy is EA? They can see a cash cow when they meet it.
They could have (but didn't think of it) put something like that in the original. But you know, the more EP's, the more money.
Sounds like they're gonna strangle the golden goose.

Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 02:57:51 pm »

Oh they strangled the golden goose years ago; they're just picking it apart piece by piece now. It won't be too long though before they've stripped its carcass clean, though.

It's not surprising though that EA is already laying down the foundation for future expansion packs, even before the base game has been released. The Sims franchise is one of their main gold veins, and they can't let it idle. Even if production hasn't begun yet, they're marketing and PR department are going to launch a preemptive strike just to keep the consumers interested.

...but as the FOJ is keen on saying: it's all Lies and Propaganda for the time. Tongue

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 03:41:10 pm »

Mizz Jenna pretty much popped it over the skull. EA is banking HEAVILY on the success of to things in 2009, The Sims 3 and the EA Sports Line of games. They lost major money in 2008 with the duds of games they released (Such as Spore, Need For Speed: Undercover and so on) as well as the hefty court case they had, having to pay out wages to employees as well as letting tons of them go and closing down an entire development house. (EA Black Box, the development house responsible for said dud NFS:UC) So bet your ass they are going to try and cash in as much as they can on their 2 biggest franchises, The Sims and Madden NFL Football. Forget about dangling carrots or apples over everyone's heads, they're gonna be dangling T-Bone steaks and getting as many people to drool and want more as possible. 2009 is a make or break year for EA fiscally. If their releases don't at least crack 60-80 Million bucks by the 4th quarter of 2009, they'll be in danger of being knocked out of the "big name game companies" list for the 1st time ever. So yea, I don't at all blame them for pulling out hints on the 1st EP with the new game all but weeks away.

SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 09:54:53 pm »

Ugh Occupations and Work? well thats just lame can't they be any more creative than that? GAH
Magicflute

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 01:00:07 am »

^ Yeah, I'm not sure I'd be too thrilled with another expansion about jobs. I have all of the expansions for 2 and I have to say that Open for Business is the one that I literally never use. Not even a little bit. I imagine this expansion for 3 would be different though as jobs work differently in this game, but I suppose we shall see ...  rolleyes

SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 01:14:44 am »

I think it will be difficult for EA to think of newer ideas for EP's since they have pretty much covered everything in TS2 but I have to admit I did like the idea of pets just not how slow it made my game and I love AL but I agree with you Magicflute I hardly use OFB either, matter a fact I uninstalled 3 of my EP's the other day since sadly once I get TS3 I will all but forget about the 2nd one until I get bored of seeing the same objects over and over which most likely will be sooner rather than later lol.
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 01:46:53 am »

If I were going to make any suggestions as to where they can go with EPs for TS3, I would definitely say some form of adaptation of Apartment Life, Bon Voyage and Pets would be the best course of action. (And actually ALLOWING you to control the pets as well...that'd be a plus.) I bare use the elements of OFB myself, and the only EPs I don't have are Seasons (Because I don't want my PC to explode not knowing how it would handle the Snow effects and all) and Free Time (Because I'm just to damn lazy to buy it, lol.) TS3 seems to have integrated some of the "quirks" of TS2 EPs into the game as is (Such as Fishing from Free Time) but if EA were smart (EA? Smart? Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw) they'd import elements from AL, BV and Pets into future EPs. Will it be enough for me to buy the game? Prooooooobably not. But it'd at least make me look at there strategy of promoting it a little more objectively. That's just my own 2 cents though.

Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2009, 12:45:56 pm »

Being as we've found out some information that was lacking before about the game in question, I have something to ask. Who in the hell gives a flying DAMN about the rotten piece of garbage? They lied to us about it from the beginning, so why in the hell should I give a s*** about what the morons want to sell to me? I hope they decompose like all good corpses do, with little time and little smell to offend me. Roast in hell, EA, roast in hell.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2009, 01:11:42 pm »

When and Admin tees off like that, you know what that means...OPEN SEASON!!! So I'll refrain from pulling my punches.  YAY

In the end it boils down to exactly what I myself have been saying since this section opened up. The only line important to EA is the bottom one. THEIR bottom one. That's all they're banking on with the release of TS3, banking on the game pulling numbers because of the title itself. The Sims has become much more then a game, it's a brand. And like most companies that have a brand, they milk it until the udders are raw. (Gross analogy, I know.) Such will be the case with the new game. I won't even go into all the flaws the game has, you can back track just about every post I've made in this section and see them there, as well as the facts Pescado put out here and over on MATY. Chronologically it "Takes Place" before The Sims 1, and from the aspects revealed, it takes a step back WAAAAAAAAAAAY more then just in storyline alone. Granted when the base game of TS2 came out, it was far from perfect. But wasn't half as FUBAR as TS3 is. It's going to take a few EPs to fix the mess the game is, and even that might not be enough. No matter how much you shine up, dress up and pretty up a turd, it's still a smoldering piece of crap in the end.

And I'm done. [/rant]

roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2009, 11:39:06 pm »

Don't give up Kaoz66 you're on a roll and a refreshing change from the usual humdrum.
I too want to see this s--t end up in the garbage. Seamless neighbourhoods, big deal, as for the traits and personalities that's nothing that couldn't have been written into a future sims 2 EP.
It's now starting to ram home to some people that the whole thing is nothing but a means to tap into the CC. market. This thing is in reality a pisspoor, shoddy,bug ridden, drm infested, expensive load of crap.In short it's a vastly inferior upgrade.They had something that worked and worked reasonably well, it made them a fortune.
They weren't content with continuing on that line. They got greedy and wanted everything, that's why they wrote this garbage. Well from where I stand they can take their sims 3, their store, their VIP section, their ugly characters and stick the lot where the sun don't shine.I'll stick with my sims 2 thank you. 
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2009, 04:09:19 am »

I think they should make a expansion of animals defianlty but not just cats and dogs but farm animals and horses. Use elements from freetime and apartment life.
Jaeger

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2009, 11:01:22 am »

^ Yeah, I'm not sure I'd be too thrilled with another expansion about jobs. I have all of the expansions for 2 and I have to say that Open for Business is the one that I literally never use. Not even a little bit. I imagine this expansion for 3 would be different though as jobs work differently in this game, but I suppose we shall see ...  rolleyes

It could be they are going to open up the rabbit holes (City Hall, hospital, Army Base, etc). Looking forward to it.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2009, 01:56:33 pm »

Oh yah, they're going to open up the rabbit holes with a flood of water from a fire hose. I hope the sucker tanks and no EPs ever see the light of day.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
abaris

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2009, 02:06:14 pm »

Oh yah, they're going to open up the rabbit holes with a flood of water from a fire hose. I hope the sucker tanks and no EPs ever see the light of day.

Fat chance for that. Chances are, they already have their first expansion to launch it for Christmans sales. Probably they're doing a Molyneux on their customers by including some of the paid stuff from their online store in order to make them pay twice.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: