Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 02:39:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims3 first expansion pack  (Read 20639 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Dizzymental

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2009, 02:12:11 pm »

Already? Man alive!

I'm still waiting for EA to release an adult version of the Sims.  Cheesy Grin
Sadly that looks as if it will never happen, though.
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2009, 02:51:35 pm »

Been waiting on that since Sims 2 release. Sims 1 was more mature, except for procreation. Sims drinking juice from bars in Sims 2 was silly, I loved my drunk sims in the original. 

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
abaris

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2009, 02:56:50 pm »

Been waiting on that since Sims 2 release. Sims 1 was more mature, except for procreation. Sims drinking juice from bars in Sims 2 was silly, I loved my drunk sims in the original.  

When TS2 first came out there was an interview with one of the developers in a german gamers mag. He said, that they could have done a more mature version for the European market, but refrained from trying, since the blur was´one of the funniest features they had.

It was a lame excuse then and it only shows how full their pants already were at that time. The gaming industry is scared rigid of religious and parental lobbies in the USA. That's why I still maintain, that the modding ban is rather a panic button. The making additional money option is probably nothing but a pleasant side effect. Some legal suit probably told them to play it save by banning modding entirely.

It would be interesting if same sex marriages are even possible with TS3. In fact I was highly surprised they were possible with vanilla TS2.
Dizzymental

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2009, 11:00:32 am »

Yeah and I want other adult stuff in the game as well though. Down to the modders to work on Sims 3 to give us some of the animation you get in games like AG3. EA won't do it because they think little kids play the Sims. I tend to see Sims as an adult toy. Wink
Max24

junior deputy vice assistant

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2009, 11:24:15 am »

Yeah and I want other adult stuff in the game as well though. Down to the modders to work on Sims 3 to give us some of the animation you get in games like AG3. EA won't do it because they think little kids play the Sims. I tend to see Sims as an adult toy. Wink
My then 11 year old daughter would have begged to differ with you on that last remark.

Rest in peace Katie Ashton.  The world is a lesser place for your absence.
Dizzymental

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2009, 11:37:07 am »

Look, look, and look again.
The wink is indicative of a tongue in cheek remark.
OKAY!
Jesus, people are starting to really pi$$ me off. What is this, have go week?
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2009, 12:31:43 pm »

I'll put it like this. You generally have 2 predominant "users" of The Sims. You have the casual user and the extreme user. The casual users are the people who don't use many, if at all any CC. They're the ones who play "nice" with the game. Nice hoods. Nice families. Nice everything. Leave It To Beaver stuff. Then you have the extreme users. The people who load up on CC like it's going out of style. The people who use mods, hacks and all other means to make the game go beyond what EAxis intended. So it becomes less Leave It To Beaver and more Married With Children. (Wink Al Bundy = God.) For TS3, it's the casual gamer they're marketing to, and banking on getting sales from. With all the stuff the game has, it's still painfully and woefully limited in a modding capacity, which as an "Extreme" user is a major turn off. Here you have something that was promised to us to look like a sleek model in Victoria's Secret lingerie, but what we get is an average lady in granny panties. (Me and my analogies...priceless.) For the person who doesn't use or even thinks about advanced CC, mods, hacks and so on, it's a good buy. But for the rest of us that do, it's a wasted effort at best. Because we can still do more with TS2 then we'll ever be able to do with TS3.

Max24

junior deputy vice assistant

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2009, 01:51:58 pm »

Dizzy, don't get me wrong.  I wasn't attacking your opinion.  I was just making the point that EA/Maxis wasn't ENTIRELY wrong if they were thinking young folks play the game.  On the other hand, if they think ONLY young people play the game, well then they're back to being entirely wrong again (in my opinion).

Rest in peace Katie Ashton.  The world is a lesser place for your absence.
abaris

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2009, 02:31:04 pm »

On the other hand, if they think ONLY young people play the game, well then they're back to being entirely wrong again (in my opinion).

What they are actually thinking is, adults should play their child's game. I don't blame them entirely for that decision. There were a lot of pressure groups attacking the game industry and the industry is scared.
Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2009, 09:24:35 am »

It would be interesting if same sex marriages are even possible with TS3. In fact I was highly surprised they were possible with vanilla TS2.

Love/marriage/intercourse/whatever, has nothing to do with sexes but with one's heart. Whether you fall for someone of the same sex or not makes no difference at all. Surely many Americans consider it being a taboo subject and have their prejudices; then again, the same happens, on a smaller or larger scale, all over the world.  I just hate it! Leave them alone [I don't mean you, abaris].

After having let some steam off...  I think the reason EAxis didn't exclude same sex marriages was the thought of having homosexuals' unions attacking them and dragging them to courts. 

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-- William Shakespeare, "Hamlet" (Act 2, scene 2)
"Yes, Sharing is caring, especially caring for the person you're sharing."  -- AxelVal
I said I Love Yuu not you --Nalia
My LiveJournal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2009, 09:49:50 am »

Love/marriage/intercourse/whatever, has nothing to do with sexes but with one's heart. Whether you fall for someone of the same sex or not makes no difference at all.
I dunno about that. I think it makes a large difference if you expect to get anywhere. Tab A is designed to go in Slot B. Anything else is Doing It Wrong. On the other hand, I don't care if you want to marry a houseplant, that's not my problem. Tongue
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2009, 11:10:39 am »

Pescado, you have all the charm and sensitivity of a grizzly bear with rabies and a raging case of diarrhea with nothing but coarse grit sand paper to wipe with. The only purpose of closed minded attitudes like that is to make sure that humankind remains miserable and divided.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2009, 11:22:31 am »

Love/marriage/intercourse/whatever, has nothing to do with sexes but with one's heart. Whether you fall for someone of the same sex or not makes no difference at all.
I dunno about that. I think it makes a large difference if you expect to get anywhere. Tab A is designed to go in Slot B. Anything else is Doing It Wrong. On the other hand, I don't care if you want to marry a houseplant, that's not my problem. Tongue
To "get anywhere" simply means to have your own kids -- I don't see any other purporse for tabs and slots. However, not everyone is up to the task (Lots of my married friends prefer to stay luvey dovey without kids). As for "Doing It Wrong" I bet no one would say that if our societies weren't structured the way they are. It's all a matter of habit.
Love you too.

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-- William Shakespeare, "Hamlet" (Act 2, scene 2)
"Yes, Sharing is caring, especially caring for the person you're sharing."  -- AxelVal
I said I Love Yuu not you --Nalia
My LiveJournal
abaris

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2009, 12:11:16 pm »

After having let some steam off...  I think the reason EAxis didn't exclude same sex marriages was the thought of having homosexuals' unions attacking them and dragging them to courts. 

It's all about whose lobby has the bigger ..... insert dirty word of your chosing. They want to satisfy lobby A which pisses off lobby B and vice versa. That seems to be the new American step dance, at least when the entertainment industry is concerned.

To make things clear, I was pleasantly surprised they included gay marriage although I'm not gay. I just wanted to know if the were that bold with TS3 or if their pantload grew too heavy to bear.
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2009, 12:26:40 pm »

hmm .. this thread started off as information about the 1st possible EP for Sims 3 being about occupations. Suddenly I'm reading about gay marriage, intercourse, houseplant marriages (!) and not very veiled references to how said intercourse works

Back on topic people please or this will be yet another thread to disappear into the great beyond

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: