Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 02:01:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you feel about seeing the same objects in TS2 in TS3?  (Read 13521 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« on: May 18, 2009, 01:19:34 am »

I was curious how you all feel about seeing most of the objects in TS2 return again in TS3? I mean if you will look at some of the screenshots on various sites you can clearly see that the same objects from TS2 will be in the TS3 albeit recolored 100 times, this sort of ticks me off because I would think that EA would atleast add new objects to a *new* game tongue
ma.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 11:14:37 am »

I personally don't mind it, because like you said, it will be recoloured enough times to where they'll still be unique.

Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 02:32:28 pm »

Me i don't mind also since there is objects from the sims 2 that i use alot.

and its also easyer to rember witch object i use for my sims

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 02:43:32 pm »

I don't give a rat's what is in it, cause I'm not getting the steaming pile of bug and SecuROM-laden dung. All this hype about it is just starting to tick me off because no one is learning that the customer is getting ripped off. It's been going on for years and it's been proven again that this is happening. Why? Because the customer lets it happen by not standing up and demanding that they improve their product, that's why. Some of us are standing up, but it takes more voices than just ours to make sure that we get heard and if people still keep giving them money for defective products, it's still going to be going on.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
rosssinant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 09:59:35 am »

Lips Sealed I hate it! I played the game already and there are so many objects ripped from the sims 2... And some of them are not even recolored...
Jaeger

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 10:53:05 am »

Jebus people, if I go into everyone of your houses, I would see the same porcelin toylet.
Cathy

Call me Annie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2009, 07:51:13 pm »

I don't mind at all. Some of then came from TS1!!  Grin

I used to be Nyxie
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2009, 08:16:48 pm »

They've had how many years to come up with new stuff and we still get this old crap? Rip off!

DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2009, 08:32:29 pm »

Reminds me how little work they put into the project. Seriously, without decent (free) mods I can't see this as anything more then EA's dream cashcow.

Sims by Dasi:

roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2009, 08:36:06 pm »

It appears that it is still not sinking in to those who choose to get this thing that this site and others like this are built around the sims 2 and in some cases 1. These sites legally cannot host anything associated with sims 3. No CC. no mods, no bug fixes, nothing. That kind of thing has been reserved for EA.
I honestly don't want offend anyone but those that constantly carry on about the wonders and merits of the thing should be posting that on the BBS or tsr forums.
This game has the potential to destroy sites like this, so I find it rather puzzling why people  who have been utilising the facilities of this site to improve their previous game are raving about this crap instead of ripping it apart.
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2009, 08:54:44 pm »

I was educated to that today roerzman.  It just takes knowledge.  Once people understand that it isn't rumor and speculation--- that EA says NO CC or modification allowed, those mistakes won't occur again.  I think up until now (and yes still for some who still don't get it) some have felt like people were putting words into EA's mouth, when in fact they were only relaying EA guidelines.  I understood that they had no plans to allow CC but until today didn't fully realize they intended to make it criminal to do so.  It's about educating yourself.  Once you learn the rules you don't ever bring harm to the site so that's pretty much all that needs to be passed on and understood.

You live and learn.  People won't stop raving until they see the game and decide for themselves--that's unavoidable.  Putting the site in danger is defintely avoidable and I'm sure none of us wish to do that.

This site is and will be my home for many years to come.

Sims by Dasi:

Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2009, 09:37:15 pm »

Pierre, if threads like this and the opinions expressed get you so upset that you have to use an effect that annoys the heck out of people just to let them know that you have your knickers in a twist, stay out of this section, period.

SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2009, 11:25:45 pm »

I read last night on this wiki info site that TS3 is essentially set 50 years before TS2 so that would explain why some of the more familiar faces are so young. That would also explain why some TS1 objects are recycled for the game. It's kind of nice though, I always wondered why Mrs. Crumplebottom was such a crabby old bitch. tongue I don't think TS3 should have been called The Sims3 though since in my opinion TS2 should have had the game elements that TS3 does. If I were to think of a name for the game, I would have choosen The Sims: The Beggining (or something like that) agreed?

wiki link-http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Sunset_Valley

P.S. I STILL do not understand how to do a text link rolleyes
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 12:17:20 am by SimGirl20 » Logged
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2009, 12:08:08 am »

Text link works like this:

[*url=website address]text you want linked[*/url]

Just remove the asterisks and you're set to go.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2009, 12:33:34 am »

Thank you Joy, but do I add the text first and then the url or viceversa? I tried doing what you said but it seemed like I made the url as my text so ass-backwards..lol
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: