Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 04:38:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Having a sims with CC and other worries...  (Read 27208 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
cruzer

View Profile
« on: May 18, 2009, 01:09:10 pm »

Greetings:

Now that Sims 3 in heading our way....
I have a few question:

Has anyone read about the ease of use for making CC? Will it be easier to make items/stuff/better hair
stuff like that than it has in the past? Will we have more pay sites or will EA go the route of World of Warcraft and make it donation only? I do look forward to all of you clever people out there turning my vanilla game into something I can live with...  Grin

EDITED DUE TO WE ARE NOT GOING TO DISCUSS ADULT CONTENT ON THIS SITE, PLEASE KEEP THAT IN MIND AND POST ACCORDINGLY.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 01:59:18 pm by Paden » Logged
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 01:25:18 pm »

I'm not paying for a damn bit of it. Not the game, not the content. Based on the reports that have come out in this very section and on MATY, DO NOT WANT. I won't be buying it, I won't be pirating it. I won't be getting it AT ALL. As for people modding the stupid thing? EA is doing its best to make sure that IT DOESN'T HAPPEN. When are people going to figure this out and stop getting their hopes up? Honestly, you people with your high hopes and unrealistic expectations are getting up my nose in a big way. SecuROM, next to no CC and hard/impossible to play... What the flaming HELL was this stupid company THINKING?! Or were they even thinking at all?

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
abaris

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 01:32:10 pm »

I'm not buying, period. And since EA seems to make modding impossible, I won't even buy the base game.
maniac19642003
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 01:54:04 pm »

I'm turned off by Sims 3 as well for alot of reasons and wont be buying it either, I'm sticking w/Sims 2 and my mods and CC that I have.
cruzer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 02:45:00 pm »

Greetings:

The powers that be have spoken...sorry...I wasn't really aiming this subject to talk about adult content...I was more looking for answers about the ease of use of making new stuff/skin types and so forth and how we are going to probably pay for it ...

Explode
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 03:06:50 pm »

I have no doubt that people who do get the game will most likely have to pay through the nose to get custom content. Either EA Games or their buddies TSR will get the money, because they sure are doing their best to make CC an impossibility otherwise.

roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 05:53:31 pm »

I've said this dozens of times at different sites. There will be no getting something of the net in win. or rar format and installing it via some folder. It will be done with what EA, provides. At the moment they are calling it the Sims installer. How on earth else will they be able to control the installation of CC.
Like I said before. The holiday is over, finished ,period,kaput.
If you want CC. then it's goodbye Insimenator and hello TSR. or Sims store, and make sure you have the cash.
If anybody still wants to buy the crap then bear this in mind. All you are doing is shooting yourself in the foot as far as freedom to customise goes. You are in effect saying to EA. that you support and endorse their new pay for CC. policy.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 05:59:23 pm by roerzman » Logged
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 06:08:14 pm »

Isn't that what I just said? Tongue

roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2009, 07:10:30 pm »

More or less. I'm trying to reach the fence sitters and hope they hold of buying the thing immediately. If enough do it EA. may just be forced to do a 180 instead of a 360 and we can move on to an Insimenator 3 or Insimadult 3.
The number of people that still think they can bang in CC. willy nilly surprises me as do the numbers that ask about mods.
As for those that have zero interest in CC. one can only guess as to why they bother with sites like this.
The last bit is not meant to offend or target anyone, it's a genuine curiosity.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2009, 08:23:06 pm »

They like the sense of community and being able to talk to other simmers, even if they don't play a vanilla game like they do. And good luck trying to reach the ones that don't want to learn the real facts, it's a difficult if not impossible task. Some of them are too thick to get it. Tongue

roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2009, 08:50:24 pm »

Thank you for that Paden. As for those that still don't grasp the enormity of the s--t that's been going down these last few months, someone once said that stupidity is contagious, perhaps they have spent to much time at the EA. site exchanging genuine pleasantries and the virtues of tsr with one of the Maxoids.
brat1083
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2009, 09:05:15 pm »

They like the sense of community and being able to talk to other simmers, even if they don't play a vanilla game like they do. And good luck trying to reach the ones that don't want to learn the real facts, it's a difficult if not impossible task. Some of them are too thick to get it. Tongue
ther going to kill the franchise by locking people out...
Deviancy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2009, 10:25:59 pm »

I can only dream that 3 will kill the franchise.

But I think those who aren't into CC much, they'll buy it, play it for a few weeks and move onto another game.  THose who love the CC, I imagine they may try it out but than come back to 2.

But we'll see.

Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2009, 12:52:50 am »

I can't imagine paying as much as what the stupid game is going to cost and then abandoning it without some sort of roof-raising going on because of the flaws. *shakes head* It just boggles the mind, honestly. I'm sticking with what I have, it's been made playable by the people that actually take the time to fix the stupid crap that the company borked in the first place and I'm happy with it. Sure, I'd like a chance to play the founding families, but not the way they've got it set up. Sims 3 is a giant DO. NOT. WANT!!

roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2009, 10:50:51 pm »

Holey S--t Batman! I read of spending up to $100 for additional furniture etc. via the store. That's nearly twice the value of the game. Please someone tell me that human beings are not that stupid.
Also is EA. assuming we are all imbeciles and are all going to spend hundreds on f-----g pixels.
I'm exercising all the self control I have because this whole sims store thing is becomming more and more absurd by the day.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: