Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 04:39:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Having a sims with CC and other worries...  (Read 27219 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2009, 02:23:16 pm »

Before I rebuilt my family's lot, I was reading sims moving out of town and not coming back, then a request to beautify your lots so more would move in town. Since building, those annoucements stopped, but no one has moved in. So maybe they are thinning out...

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
abaris

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2009, 02:37:31 pm »

Before I rebuilt my family's lot, I was reading sims moving out of town and not coming back, then a request to beautify your lots so more would move in town. Since building, those annoucements stopped, but no one has moved in. So maybe they are thinning out...

How original. That was one of the features in sim city. They're plagiarizing their own games.
Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2009, 02:40:19 pm »

LOL Abaris. Can't you see TS3 is a mixture of Sims and SimCity? Cheesy

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-- William Shakespeare, "Hamlet" (Act 2, scene 2)
"Yes, Sharing is caring, especially caring for the person you're sharing."  -- AxelVal
I said I Love Yuu not you --Nalia
My LiveJournal
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2009, 02:46:09 pm »

Does this mean we can have Godzilla go through on a rampage as punishment for unauthorized breeding? IhopeIhopeIhope! Cheesy

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2009, 02:47:23 pm »

Sorry, I am not a gamer, just a simmer.  Wink  Didn't know about that feature, but it's good information. Thanks.

LOL, @ Paden. That would be cool!

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2009, 03:15:24 pm »

lewis.. tongue  What you apologise for? Abaris' sarcasm was directed at EAxis, not you.

Paden, bring it on. Bring it on I say!

"Yes, Sharing is caring, especially caring for the person you're sharing."  -- AxelVal
My LiveJournal
Cathy

Call me Annie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2009, 03:32:42 pm »

Oh no!!!! No cc? *pouts*

I used to be Nyxie
Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2009, 04:48:37 pm »

No CC the way we know it now with TS2, Nyx. I'm afraid it might prove to be a difficult to almost impossible task to create those gorgeous Elves of yours in TS3.

My LiveJournal
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2009, 06:36:09 pm »

If you like fantasy sims, or cool fantasy outfits, or ANYTHING abstract even, do yourself a solid...

Stick with TS2.

Cuz it ain't happenin' on TS3. If you're one of the optimists that keep thinking "oh maybe EA will be nice and..." keep dreaming. It's not happening, and there ain't no heel clicking and wishing upon a star that's changing it. The CC policy for TS3 is pretty much set in stone. So anyone, and I do mean ANYONE who wants to use custom meshes, be they created by others or created by themselves are crap out of luck as far as TS3 goes. That's just the grim reality of it. TS2 offers users a means of artistic expression. TS3 is just a video game. Nuff said.

roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2009, 07:24:17 pm »

Precisely. You will be buying a game with an inbuilt paint shop.
Those who choose to buy the thing will more than likely end up with a one of collectors curiosity. I fear once the games limitations begin to sink in sales and interest will begin to drop dramatically.
From a gamers view this thing has all the ingredients for a serious flop. Consider this. Who now has the cash to mess about in the store after saving and budgeting just for the base game, or perhaps even some extra ram. or a bargain elcheapo graphics card?
If I were an investor AE would be last place I would invest in at the moment.
I don't even think EA have any confidence in the game, Why else are they already talking about their next EP. even before the base game has been released.
Months ago the question of an EP. was cast aside for that same reason 'The base game hasn't been released yet'
Now that all the controversy and division amongst the sims fan base is beginning to sink in they are beginning to realise that this thing could be a dud.
It's early days yet, but in the next couple of months this sims 3 debacle will make some very interesting reading.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 07:34:29 pm by roerzman » Logged
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2009, 08:33:51 pm »

Precisely. The 1st few months of the game being on the market are going to be the telling tale of it. And just as you stated, people are having to upgrade their rigs just to be able to play the frakkin' thing, let alone having to now shell out cash for content. Big mistake. People are cutting corners to meet daily needs these days, what the heck makes EA think they'll pony up cash for CC? Especially when said CC runs the same price as say...a gallon of milk, or a tank of gas. What part of "Recession" did they miss? They shot themselves in the foot already, and it's going to bleed out slowly. As was stated in another thread, it's already estimated they'll lose close to 9 Million on the torrent leak. They'll lose just as much if not more off of the CC distribution. Especially since it's the ONLY way you can get CC without violating EA's ULA. What's amazing is that you still have people still in denial about it, despite the fact that the FACTS are out and plain as day.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2009, 08:35:35 pm »

Does this mean we can have Godzilla go through on a rampage as punishment for unauthorized breeding? IhopeIhopeIhope! Cheesy
Well, I'm looking into bringing the Babby Roaster to the open neighborhood. Because while in TS2, babby-roasting was mostly a curiosity confined to your lot, in TS3...OM NOM NOM NOM!
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2009, 08:41:38 pm »

Well, I'm looking into bringing the Babby Roaster to the open neighborhood. Because while in TS2, babby-roasting was mostly a curiosity confined to your lot, in TS3...OM NOM NOM NOM!

That alone would entice me to obtain the bloody game.

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
brat1083
« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2009, 08:43:04 pm »

Everone that loves TS2 is Going to say WTFITS if you can't even import a car in to the Game never mind a a custom skin or face replacement for the FUGLY stuff I seen so far....  J. M. Pescado lets storm the castle...
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2009, 12:53:08 am »

The price for your internet connection to be able to access Pescado's Babby Roaster mod: $29.95/month

The Sims 3 Base Game: $59.99

Witnessing the simulated genocide of countless sim children: Priceless

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: