Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 09:59:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims 3 leaked to torrent sites weeks before retail release  (Read 30327 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2009, 10:17:35 am »

Some "spokesperson" claimed that. Of course, they claimed that the missing thing was the SECOND NEIGHBORHOOD THEY WERE OFFERING, so obviously, that person is an ignorant buffoon trying to cover EA's ass.
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2009, 12:01:35 pm »

*Gets some popcorn, sits back, straps in and waits for the gates of hell to open up on 10 days.*

Between the potential mess of code registration, the fact that the new hood is most DEFINITELY going to end up getting cracked anyway, and the bloody murder people will start crying once they see how ridiculously high  EA's Sims Store Content prices will be, fun times are coming for all. [/sarcasm]

Oh, and I love how EA edited their press release without so much as even denouncing the leak, which to me says a lot. At least there P.R. people are gettin' some work in.

abaris

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2009, 12:05:08 pm »

Oh, and I love how EA edited their press release without so much as even denouncing the leak, which to me says a lot. At least there P.R. people are gettin' some work in.

If it really was a beta, their PR department would fill pages and bombard the mags and papers with press releases. That once sentence line really says a lot.
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2009, 12:07:55 pm »

I will be watching with a six-pack... er pass the popcorn.

Right now they are advertising to the BBSers and not to the regular community. Once the parents of the 12's and teens stop paying for that crap (it is a bad economy) at the Sims 3 store and T$R, I feel the gates will be open for 3rd party modding programs and CC. The mature simmer is not going for it.

I have been supporting EAxis since 2000, and still nothing for the mature simmer.  Headwall

*Gets some popcorn, sits back, straps in and waits for the gates of hell to open up on 10 days.*

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
abaris

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2009, 12:12:10 pm »

Right now they are advertising to the BBSers and not to the regular community. Once the parents of the 12's and teens stop paying for that crap (it is a bad economy) at the Sims 3 store and T$R, I feel the gates will be open for 3rd party modding programs and CC. The mature simmer is not going for it.

Don't count on that. My political incorrect wish is, that this prerelease pirating hurts them somewhat. But there will still be enough folks forking out their hard earned dough. The amount of outright happiness here on an explicit modding board should be a clear indicator that EA isn't gonna starve anytime soon.
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2009, 12:20:08 pm »

I wasn't talking right away, probably in 6 to 8 months.

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
abaris

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2009, 12:23:15 pm »

I wasn't talking right away, probably in 6 to 8 months.

Oh, come on. Then its christmas and the first expansion will hit the shelves - well maybe the pirates will have it a little bit sooner than that.
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2009, 12:24:37 pm »

You're right there. Oh well...  rolleyes

kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2009, 12:38:47 pm »

It's the long term effects that will hurt EA. The 1st year they'll turn a decent profit on the game, just nothing near what they turned for TS2 or some of their other high profile releases. (Like Madden NFL 10, which always sells ridiculously...and is one of the few EA games they actually make better year after year...for you fellow Football fanatics out there.) But 2 years from now, 3 years from now and so on...when EA sees there's STILL more activity in the Sims 2 Community then there is the Sims 3 Community, hopefully some lights start going off in a few bigwigs heads and tells them "Maybe we should loosen the reigns on TS3 a bit." The fact that they're guarding their precious code and CC like it was the Holy Grail means that for the short term, they could give a rats ass about the people who REALLY matter. Like it was said previously, it's the BBS'ers they're banking on, as well as the people still in complete denial that this is going to be the game that surpasses TS2 in ever way. Ah to be ignorant...

SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2009, 12:41:20 pm »

Well I can see from some of the screenshots on the official site and gamespot that the graphics and overall flow of the game look different then those seen on MATY even the interface looks different in the screenshots of the game seen on other website. so I would say that I am going with my gut on this one and believing this is indeed a beta because last night I seen some pictures that were added on gamespot on the 20th (clearly after the leak) and those pictures had definite stuff that others said were buggy that were not in the pictures, such as windows with curtians that did NOT bleed through amoungst other things. I know I read someone say the file dates were dated sometime in April. How do we know the exact year though? I think the pirates have gotten an early development copy at the worst, so come the 2nd I don't think people who buy the game will have anything to worry about..but who knows right? Wink
abaris

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2009, 12:49:09 pm »

Well I can see from some of the screenshots on the official site and gamespot that the graphics and overall flow of the game look different then those seen on MATY even the interface looks different in the screenshots of the game seen on other website.

Remember the prerelease screenshots for TS2? I especially remember one with a butler in some mansion-like estate receiving his employers, arriving in a fancy car. Was this part of the release?

kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2009, 12:54:39 pm »

Nope. That was just promotional CG done to goad people into thinking that's what they were getting in the game.

But even if it's not the full build of the game, there are still so many holes, unanswered questions and questionable features about the game that a leaked beta is the last thing people should be worried about. And I've seen the new screens. They do look marginally better then those I've seen from the leaked version, but that still doesn't change the fact that the game looks ugly as hell. The game models still look like crap. I'd take the default Maxis models from TS2 over the TS3 models any day. And to further that point, there's no way you can create a realistic looking face. Even if you detail them to the most meticulous extent, they still end up looking like cartoon characters. And pardon me for saying...if I want to play something that looks like a Cartoon, I'll go play Conker's Bad Fur Day. (Awesome game, BTW Tongue)

Dizzymental

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2009, 02:15:58 pm »

Well I can see from some of the screenshots on the official site and gamespot that the graphics and overall flow of the game look different then those seen on MATY even the interface looks different in the screenshots of the game seen on other website. so I would say that I am going with my gut on this one and believing this is indeed a beta because last night I seen some pictures that were added on gamespot on the 20th (clearly after the leak) and those pictures had definite stuff that others said were buggy that were not in the pictures, such as windows with curtians that did NOT bleed through amoungst other things. I know I read someone say the file dates were dated sometime in April. How do we know the exact year though? I think the pirates have gotten an early development copy at the worst, so come the 2nd I don't think people who buy the game will have anything to worry about..but who knows right? Wink

I agree with you completely. But I'm not going to say more than that, because some people (on other sites) take it the wrong way.

Anyways, I think you're right. But like you say, who knows ... only time will tell.

Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2009, 02:36:54 pm »

I think the pirates have gotten an early development copy at the worst, so come the 2nd I don't think people who buy the game will have anything to worry about..but who knows right? Wink

Why EAxis is asking Mininova to get rid of the pirated copy aka torrent then? If it is a beta what damage can it possible do?  This info is being mentioned somewhere in the comments posted below the article at arstechnica.com

Whatever. Ten more days to go.

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-- William Shakespeare, "Hamlet" (Act 2, scene 2)
"Yes, Sharing is caring, especially caring for the person you're sharing."  -- AxelVal
I said I Love Yuu not you --Nalia
My LiveJournal
abaris

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2009, 02:45:09 pm »

Why EAxis is asking Mininova to get rid of the pirated copy aka torrent then? If it is a beta what damage can it possible do?  This info is being mentioned somewhere in the comments posted below the article at arstechnica.com

Whatever. Ten more days to go.

They would do that anyway. Even if it was an alpha.

But knowing the press and PR departments from the inside, the one liner reaction is telling a very different tale. The PR department would virtually jump at the option to discredit the leaked copy if it really was a beta. They would raid the press and the boards with denials and not with a lame one liner.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: