Insimenator.org
April 16, 2024, 05:42:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Drowning in clothes!  (Read 14091 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
acmer

View Profile
« on: April 28, 2006, 04:56:18 am »

Just thought about the future when warlokk has finished his project. Every piece of clothing (full set) has every option with tops and bottoms. If there's like 20 sets, and every one of them has every top and bottom combination included, that's about (with 5 tops and 3 bottoms for example)... 300 pieces of clothing! Add to that all the other clothes and we have a chaos. Is there a way to show certain clothes only in collections, because that would make things a lot clearer?
meremale

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 06:44:45 am »

I guess it would be better to be picky and choose only some sizes. Or better still start a nudist colony, LOL.
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 11:48:42 am »

Believe me, I know... :rofl:

Like Mere said, that's one reason why I'm releasing each size separately this time, so folks can grab just what they'll use... I'd use it all anyway, but I know many folks just prefer certain sizes.

Incidentally I will also include a custom Collection that can be installed for each set, which will help things quite a bit.

Hmm... that gives me an idea...
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 11:51:44 am by Warlokk » Logged

Be sure to stop by Warlokk's Tower Workshop to see what's new!
Need help with the Bodyshape Sets? Bodyshape How-To Tutorial
acmer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2006, 01:08:53 am »

Is there a way to tag an item once it is in a collection? With lots of clothes it's almost impossible to remember which ones are already in a collection. It would help a lot if the clothes disappeared from the general listing once put in a coll.
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2006, 01:55:55 am »

Not that I know of... but an outfit can be added to many collections, and if you add one a 2nd time, it just ignores it.  Also, if you add one as one category, it will appear for any category that outfit belongs to... so if you add a Formal, and it also appears in Everyday, it will show up in both in the collection automatically, which is helpful.

Rogue777

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006, 04:28:18 pm »

The problem I'm having is that I can't seem to remember a Sims' body size a week after I've created her. So I usually end up just letting her wear any size clothes, which kind of defeats the purpose. I guess I'll have to start keeping a log of Sims I create with their dimensions.

I do seem to use only a couple of the sizes though, but that's because up 'til now, there really hasn't been a lot of custom clothing out there except for the really large breasts. That seems to be changing now though.
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2006, 07:03:48 pm »

Hopefully as I get the new sizes done in the new set, clothes will appear for them... since I'm starting with the DD, we'll have a lot of those at first.  I'll try to mix things up a bit though.

Alice_Malice

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2006, 08:10:42 pm »

When I downloaded the xlg teen I couldn't find anytops for it so I found this download off of mts2 http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=82339 which gives you large tops for your girls.

::smilieiforgetwhi::Loveing My Sims::smilieiforgetwhi::
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2006, 08:44:25 pm »

That uses the same base mesh as the Nude Top outfit I already released in all 3 sizes, though.  Just a different shape.  Still, nothing wrong with using it with mine, it's a separate outfit so it won't conflict or anything.

wademilner

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2006, 11:34:26 am »

I wonder if anybody out there can make a new version of create a sim for your stuff? They could have drop down menus for hip and bust plus a toggle switch for enhanced. So you just go through the list of outfits, choose a hip size, choose a bust size and type and export it to the game. That would be cool.
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2006, 08:40:56 pm »

LOL yes it would be cool, but I think it would require a lot more modification to the game code than we can do with just mods... best we can do for now is the Collection sets.

wally_walrus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2006, 09:14:01 am »

Look, imo the bodyshape variety project has changed the whole look of the game so much for the better, how can a variety of quality body shapes and clothing be a bad thing? Perhaps one has to be selective with downloads, but it gives much more choice when creating Sims. I think it's great, thanks Warlokk.

Why worry?
Lifa

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2006, 09:21:31 pm »

You'd think that, if you're able to show Maxis-made hidden clothing and collections in CAS by typing the cheatcode... you should be able to encode a custom collection to hide the same way.

But then, there's the problem of how will you recolour it?

I don't know, I don't trust myself to use SimPE without inadvertently doing SOMETHING that will make my game explode.  Kaboom.  I suppose I could always tool around and see if I figure anything out.  Maybe it'll be useful somewhere or another.

Warlokk, you should ask Squinge.  It seems like he'd be the type of person who's able to do useful little stuff like that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: