Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 06:52:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Am I really the only one who is looking forward to this?  (Read 26903 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Simelorian

View Profile
« on: May 19, 2009, 12:48:13 pm »

So many are posting terribly negative comments about a game they have not yet played, those who have played the REAL version (i.e. creators, major gaming sites) seem quite pleased with the game. I would never judge the game by that pirated copy. I find that from what I have seen I like how the game looks, if it got too realistic it would be creepy so I like the look of it. The new gameplay systems seem to be quite well received by those who have had the opportunity to play it. Yes I do have some reservations about the game but that isn't going to stop me from at least trying the real version. It would probably kill the game for me if it is in fact impossible to put in true custom content but I highly doubt that is the case. I'm going to wait and see and give it a fair chance. I'm still excited about the game and want it very much, I can't wait until June 2nd, if it sucks I'll say so but I won't say so until I have it on my computer and I have played it. I just wanted to get that out and hear if anyone else is still excited to see what the game has to offer.

Dawn Approaches
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 12:54:18 pm »

hello and don't worry about a thing you are not the only one looking forward in playing the sims3 i am also looking forward in playing the sims3 as well i have my version of the game preordered since november 2008 and i can not wait june 2 to play the sims 3 as well.

Pierre Wink

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
alesukm

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 01:05:06 pm »

to:  simelorian and pierre1

I'm a bit TOO appriensive about sims3 to buy it on it's release date (got too much money and CC in sims2). But i'm sure that you will let us all know what it's really like, right?   Undecided  I for one would be interested in reports from actual comunity gamers like yourselves!
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 01:19:23 pm »

To Simelorian and Pierre1: I guess we won't see much of you around once you have your copies then, now will we? Oh well, play in good health and try not to miss the good game of Sims 2 too awfully much now, m'kay? And yes, Simelorian, it's been stated that there will be NO way to get CC into the game unless you are the company and you BUY stuff from their store, so enjoy. I've been reading the same stuff others have and I've been reading between the lines. Too bad others can't hear their own thoughts over the baaaah-ing of "Gee, this looks sooooo cool, thanks EA Games, for ripping us off and giving us crap that looks like Silly Putty to play with!" Even the game mags show stuff that scares me with the fug. They're aiming this totally at the kid market, unlike the last two in the series. Again, enjoy to all those who leave Sims 2 for that. Buh-bye.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
ma.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 01:24:51 pm »

Now, I'm looking forward to this, but I'm still going to play TS2. I might not play it as often when I go to college because my brother plays it as well and I don't want to buy another copy of our current expansion pack. But I'm still going to play TS2.

You don't have to give TS2 up when you get TS3. They're separate games.

Simelorian

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2009, 01:31:06 pm »

I never said I was dumping the Sims 2 either. I love the Sims 2. But I'm going to give The Sims 3 a fair shot. I apologize in advance for this Paden but I do not know WHOM ever said (someone whom worked on the game?) there couldn't be any CC. Even if it starts out that way it will most likely only be a matter of time before it is modified to allow it.

Dawn Approaches
ma.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2009, 01:35:18 pm »

I didn't mean you personally, I meant whoever is getting TS3.

Simelorian

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2009, 01:37:01 pm »

I didn't mean you personally, I meant whoever is getting TS3.

I was referring more to Paden Grin

Dawn Approaches
abaris

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2009, 01:41:53 pm »

Even if it starts out that way it will most likely only be a matter of time before it is modified to allow it.

Probably not. Out of several reasons. One of them is the fear factor that has been introduced by the cold coffee debate some years ago. Since then companys have gotten cold feet when it came to modding and more and more games have been made next to impossible to mod. And I'm talking about RPG like games in general.

The other reason is the additional dime to be made by selling custom content.

Well, originally I have been looking forward to that release. But things have changed. I'm not convinced by the screenshots and I'm apalled by the modding policy. If things are to change there's still time enough to purchase it at a later date.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2009, 01:57:32 pm »

I believe the ones that said it about custom content was the company themselves, you'll just have to start looking around to where they state that the only way to get the content into the game is through their download engine. A friend of mine got an official demo and it stated right in the package that that would be the only way to get content into the game.

Also, said friend did some digging for me and got more details about the whole thing. They've designed it so that the downloader is needed for any and everything. I'm also going to take the words of the modders like Pescado who have been investigating the damn thing over that of the company, because when the company couldn't be arsed to fix their damn bugs, they referred people to HIM! Also, for what it's worth, just so you smug little gits know it, Pescado IS a game engineer and could write code for breakfast, which makes him MORE than qualified to say if it's going to be possible to mod this piece of shite or not. Don't like what I have to say? Then take your 12 year old little butt BACK to the BBS and stay there where people won't tell you the truth.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 02:09:16 pm by Paden » Logged

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2009, 02:05:52 pm »

i just wanted to add that i will still play the sims2 as well but not as ofen

*i said what i wanted to say so i am steping out from this thread Wink

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2009, 02:50:34 pm »

I'll add further to this at the risk of repeating myself and others. They (EA.) once stated that you didn't have to go online with the thing and/or register it.
What they chose not to tell the gullible was that you need their installer to make the thing playable, in order to get the installer you have to register the game.
Just like Quantum Of Solace, you'll be able to play the thing but you can't save.
I said months ago. Why service pack 2? FOR WINDOWS LIVE. Why? for product activation/registration/phone home.
And still people say "no no  that's not true , here look this is what they said" bah! I give up.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2009, 11:50:31 pm »

I was and probably maybe still am inticipating the release of the game but ya know after all the stuff I am been hearing about the game I am just sick to my stomach about the game and I am not for the bull s**t so right now and I don't think I am going to get it until I see a couple of trust worthy reviews and the truth about the said DRM and sorry I couldn't get all those pictures to load for me on TS3 picture thread but the ones I seen burnt my eyes, I mean those look terrible! what was EA thinking? I know this is only a base game and they plan on smacking us in the face with 7 or 8 more EP's to fill out the game but c'mon is everyone at EA smoking crack!?
Skaarjy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2009, 12:00:41 am »

Unless it becomes modable, I can see Sim2 outliving Sims 3 LOL
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2009, 12:47:04 am »

I was and probably maybe still am inticipating the release of the game but ya know after all the stuff I am been hearing about the game I am just sick to my stomach about the game and I am not for the bull s**t so right now and I don't think I am going to get it until I see a couple of trust worthy reviews and the truth about the said DRM and sorry I couldn't get all those pictures to load for me on TS3 picture thread but the ones I seen burnt my eyes, I mean those look terrible! what was EA thinking? I know this is only a base game and they plan on smacking us in the face with 7 or 8 more EP's to fill out the game but c'mon is everyone at EA smoking crack!?
Magic mushrooms. They get it from their pal in Sweden. Its rumoured that they have been wiping them on their last EPs, the heat of the dvd drive breaks out the vapours and when you inhale em you get an uncontrollable urge to throw your money at anything with the sims 3 logo on it. (joking, only joking)
Lighten up, it's only a game, I feel your disapointment, just give pescado and the crew time to pick it appart and in due time we will all know the real truth.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: