Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 10:47:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Am I really the only one who is looking forward to this?  (Read 26882 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2009, 09:51:04 pm »

me i know for sure as read the threads that i want the Game and paden don't worry about a thing i respect your choice of not wanting the game same as the other and simelorian me am waiting for june 2  and i know that june2 at 10:00 am i will be at my local ebgame to get my version of the sims3 collector 's edition.

Pierre Wink

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2009, 10:16:01 pm »

Pierre,

I think me and you are probably the craziest Sims3 anticipators as of right now because I seriously am setting my alarm clock for 6 a.m. so I can get to my local wal-mart before everyone swamps the shelves and I don't get my copy on release day GAH lol is that weird?
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2009, 10:53:55 pm »

I have read the entire thread on MATY and the reception actually seems to be improving as more time passes and while the UI said to be hard to figure out there are less complaints than I anticipated. One of the more recent posts shows a picture of a sim that actually looks quite good. I still am feeling that the game will be better than anticipated. I'm near 50% on my torrent so I'll do some talking after I play it later tonight or tomorrow (IF IT IS GOOD I ABSOLUTELY INTEND TO BUY IT LEGALLY Grin) We shall see.

That was the whole point of the thread.  To see for themselves if the game lived up to the hype--not to bash it.   To play it and report back to those who want to purchase it with the facts not gushing like babies over a new toy.  The more they play the more they report: likes, dislikes etc.  

Pierre,

I think me and you are probably the craziest Sims3 anticipators as of right now because I seriously am setting my alarm clock for 6 a.m. so I can get to my local wal-mart before everyone swamps the shelves and I don't get my copy on release day GAH lol is that weird?

Aww I miss the excitement I had about the game  Sad seriously.

I was looking forward to it like everyone else--still am really. I just dont want to risk my computer to play the game.  That comes from personal experience not from gossip or "so-called' EA bashing.   So I'm waiting (along with many others) with the hope that EA will either release a better version & prove everyone wrong or that the game is at least free of securom and install limitations & hopefully allows CC.
At any rate you certainly aren't the only ones wink.

Let's not bash those who want to make a wise purchase nor those who want to grab it as soon as it comes out, nor be insulted because we each have strong opinions.

At best I will have saved my money & computer if the company was dishonest.  Or I'll purchase a good game that I enjoy-- missing out on the novelty trinkets I would have gotten with the collector's edition.   For me it isn't worth risking my cash prior to the games release.  Still it shouldn't be an Us (TS2 players) vs them (TS3 players) mentality.  We're all sims lovers aren't we?

Anyhoo hugs to those who want the game, hugs to those who don't wanna touch it with a ten foot pole Grin.  I appreciate you all.   Angel *flits off to paint rainbows* YAY

« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 11:04:17 pm by DaSpecial1 » Logged

Sims by Dasi:

roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2009, 11:18:43 pm »

Whether the game is good or bad is not the issue. The issue is CC. and the effect it will have on this site and others that just like this one are based wholly and solely on the creation and more importantly on the FREE distribution of said CC. as well as mods, hacks.
None of this is going to be possible with this new thing. So the implications for sites as this that we all take for granted now are no good. Understood!
The pros and cons of gameplay can be freely discussed at the BBS where there hundreds of like minded whatever's all hanging out for the s--t.
For years people have relied on these sites for all kind support and fixes for these blasted games, none of which was forthcoming from EA.
A lot of very talented people have put a lot of their time and money into ensuring that we all can experience trouble free game play as well as some unbelievable CC.And EA has basically thumbed their nose at all this, Which if you get your heads out of the clouds and have a look around  you will see is the only reason that the game has survived to this day.
By running blindly and buying this garbage you are only endorsing EAs policy on this.
The only CC. you will get is going to be crappy recolours or some other junk to make the thing reasonably attractive and mainly for a price.
If enough people exercised a bit of patience and restraint it will force EAs hand and we can have an Insim.3 and such, and all enjoy the game as it should be played.
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2009, 11:48:17 pm »

I completely see your point Roerzman.  Mine was only that several threads have been dedicated to sims3 pros and cons & I think Simelorian was looking for responses from those that are looking forward to the games arrival, not more debate.

Sims by Dasi:

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2009, 12:11:06 am »

The pros and cons of gameplay can be freely discussed at the BBS where there hundreds of like minded whatever's all hanging out for the s--t.

The pros and cons of every EP that came out for TS2 were freely discussed on this site.  I don't recognize your name from those days, maybe you were here under a different name.  If you were then you would recall those discussions.  They included game play possibilities.  I wasn't aware of a change in policy with the change in ownership.  Just because some people are buying into the whole anti EA everything and are looking forward to the game doesn't mean they aren't familiar with the pitfalls.  I know it is a stretch, but it is possible EA is putting a bug free game on the table with enough variation in gameplay that modding isn't necessary.  Ok, I did say it was a stretch.

Just a players have the right to buy it or not buy it, they have the right to accept the gameplay or reject it and the game.  Yes, EA may have gotten the money for the base game, but when revenue drops from projections for Store and EP sales, maybe they will listen.

As far as the future of this site and other fansites that support TS2, they will be around as long as people are still playing TS2.
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2009, 12:15:15 am »

That was mainly aimed at those that frequent the BBS and are all cooing about the game and very vocal about the criticism that is being directed at it. They are mainly too thick to realise that without the CC, sites and technical expertise supplied from these sites the game would have fizzled out years ago, you only play a vanilla dolls house game with all it's bugs for so long.
A lot of those voices are also praising tsr. not realising what that lot have given to the game that they are now playing. The answer is simple. F--- ALL in big lumps.
It was MTS. and Insim. just to mention a few, that ensured the success and continuation of the game, not those bludgers at tsr that EA. seems to be so fond of lately.
Annie Leduc

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2009, 12:31:41 am »

I believe the ones that said it about custom content was the company themselves, you'll just have to start looking around to where they state that the only way to get the content into the game is through their download engine. A friend of mine got an official demo and it stated right in the package that that would be the only way to get content into the game.

Also, said friend did some digging for me and got more details about the whole thing. They've designed it so that the downloader is needed for any and everything. I'm also going to take the words of the modders like Pescado who have been investigating the damn thing over that of the company, because when the company couldn't be arsed to fix their damn bugs, they referred people to HIM! Also, for what it's worth, just so you smug little gits know it, Pescado IS a game engineer and could write code for breakfast, which makes him MORE than qualified to say if it's going to be possible to mod this piece of shite or not. Don't like what I have to say? Then take your 12 year old little butt BACK to the BBS and stay there where people won't tell you the truth.

I find your comment insulting and disrespectful. You are freaking out and very negative about something that is still unofficial. Anyhow, nobody force you to buy that game. I don’t know if I will like TS3 as much as TS2, and it breaks my heart when I think about all the money I spend on TS2, however I like to hear different opinions. It will be more fascinating when the game will be out. Wink
midnightscars

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2009, 12:34:05 am »

I'm excited about the game Cheesy (pre-ordered it in Dec.)

Why give up? Why give in? its not enough it never is.
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2009, 12:41:30 am »

I for one hope one of the first things on the CC request  list for Sims3 is Blooms sexy feet, the boots blocks feet they have now are awful.

As far as the future of this site and other fansites that support TS2, they will be around as long as people are still playing TS2.

here, here  Beer

I find your comment insulting and disrespectful. You are freaking out and very negative about something that is still unofficial. Anyhow, nobody force you to buy that game. I don’t know if I will like TS3 as much as TS2, and it breaks my heart when I think about all the money I spend on TS2, however I like to hear different opinions. It will be more fascinating when the game will be out. Wink

You shouldn't take anyone else's opinion personal.  Everyone has a right to express themselves here.   Being open to hearing different opinions means you might hear some you don't like.  C’est la vie.

Sims by Dasi:

Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2009, 12:51:31 am »

You know, Simelorien, you are free to express your opinion. I am free to express mine, as well. As someone that helped to get two sites off of the ground where invasive DRM is concerned, and as someone that demands and expects quality from the company I once bought games from, I am vocal when it comes to the fact that I don't wish to see fellow consumers ripped off by a series of games that we all love each in our own way. From what I have read and seen with my own eyes, that is what looks like is going to happen to those that buy this latest entry into the Sims franchise.

If you choose to see my words and phrasings as an attack, that's you. If you want to buy and play it, go for it. If you enjoy it, even better. I'm just putting the fact out there that this is not what we should expect from a company that is capable of making great games. The buildings look great, and the build mode itself sounds easier to use. But, and this is a big one, the characters we're supposed to play do not look appealing at all to someone that is accustomed to the high quality of content that is offered on this and many other sites like it.

You may say that gamers will get to enjoy the same kind of quality in time, but why should they have to wait? Surely, the people at EA have seen what can be done with customization when it comes to hair, eyes, etc, so why can they not put that in the game before it goes onto the shelves of our local stores? Easy answer for that one: money. They want to make as much cash as possible from people desperate to get rid of the eye-searing yuck that those models seem to be made of.

Pescado states that the game could be highly moddable, if it were open source. It is  not open source, however. It is closed source, which means that if someone does alter it, that could mean prison time for them due to Federal laws which govern such things. Should that change at any time, then you will see sites like this one flourish, but until then, don't count on them being around all that much unless you are willing to pay for content from them. Those sites will have to buy the right to have a downloader such as the one EA Games will be employing to get content into your game, and you know darn well that the cost of said software will be passed down to the customer. They will no doubt have to cut the company in on any profits made, as well.

Had this game lived up to expectations, then I probably would have looked forward to as much as the rest of you that want it do. From what I've seen of screenshots and heard from people that are playing this leaked copy, though, it's not living up to much. Some people are having problems with their graphics cards melting. Others can't switch between modes without crashing. That just makes me suspicious, sad to say. I hope with all of my heart, I honestly do, that none of you are left disappointed and feeling cheated should the game not live up to your hopes. But, that doesn't mean that I'm going to shut up about the draw backs that I'm seeing. Enjoy.

ETA: Annie, you have no idea what it's like when I do freak out, so keep that kind of comment to yourself before it hits your keyboard. I find your large type and colour insulting and disrespectful, truth be told. Nobody forced you to read my comments, either. If you don't like what I had to say, grow a thicker skin because not everyone agrees with everyone else 100% of the time. If you take everything personally that is written on the internet, then you must walk around sad a good deal of the time. I just hope that none of you are left let down and ticked off if this thing isn't the Golden Fleece that so many people are thinking it is.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 01:01:29 am by Paden » Logged

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2009, 01:25:13 am »

Play the game to see if it's any good??
The moment you flop your cash on the counter it becomes a + on their sales graph whether you enjoy the game or not is irrelevant. That does not register on the sales graph.
When the graph hits it's projected target they all troop to the board room and the champagne corks pop. Then it's 'wow! we pulled that one off, right now for phase 2, release the EP"
abaris

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2009, 03:04:10 am »

To all the other critical comments I might add: Don't think for a minute, that EA or any other game company are your friends. I always get the impression, that some people go on a crusade to defend "their" company as if they were part of the PR department or if they had just another beer with their buddies from over there.

Would you do the same for your telephone company? Or closer to home, would you do it for Microsoft, probably supplying the system of your rig? And even more so, would you do it, if they delivered a product, that needs several revisions and paid upgrades to make it useable?
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2009, 06:26:52 am »

For months I've been curious about this game. I've been reading literally hundreds of posts about it for the past week.

In the Prism forum, I actually admitted that I even had a urge to buy it. I was highly curious as to how it would work-but did not realize that the game would be leaked onto the net so early.

The dozens of impressions and reviews at MATY are not all negative. There are some nice parts, and there are some really bad parts-unfortunately, the bad, in my mind, outweighs the good. Which means I am not going to spend money that I cannot afford to waste on a game that is not even close to my expectations.

I had very high expectations and hopes for this game. It's possible (but unlikely) that this was a planted leak and that EA is withholding the "real" game until the release day. It is also possible that the released game is better in quality than this leaked one (also unlikely).

I wanted information-and I have gotten it. It's not worth the time or money to get it right now-and I will admit that EA has the right to lock down it's own copyrighted material. The fact that they have should not surprise anyone. How many companies do you know of allow other people to modify their product?

Not many-and for them to "step back" from allowing others to do so is not surprising knowing that EA has probably lost more money on the 3rd party modding that took place in Sims 2. That they wish to recoup this money by making it impossible to mod it or share content is not unbelievable, but it is disgusting, knowing that the Sims 2 was the hit it was because of the modding and CC sharing.

I really don't want to be negative about this game. I did want the game to be good, because I had been looking forward to buying it myself, in time. I don't like seeing other people hurt by the lack of consideration shown to them by a corporation which is now focused on their bottom line so much that they disregard their entire fanbase by totally taking over the controls which they previously allowed others to have.

They just didn't see it from our point of view, and decided their point of view would rule. That's why we're so hard on them. We're used to our hacks, mods and CC so much that we were expecting the same, from a company that is having problems in their bottom line.

Simply put, it was a matter of money. They want it, they need it, and they will get it any way they can right now because they don't really care about us-they care about their stockholders and their own existence.

We're simply the customer, who is not always right. We're the reason they're still in business, and they have just forfeited our business by doing this outrageous move to remove nearly all ability to modify or create for the game.

It's sad that we are all so polarized by this company and it's stupidity. It shouldn't be this way.

snapzit

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2009, 03:55:18 pm »

I have never enjoyed a game as much as I have The Sims 2. Having read the reviews and comments at MATY thoroughly, I see both sides, but frankly, I'm not interested in a similar Sims game that can't be modded. For me, that feature provides the appeal. If I had to play the Sims 2 using only EA's content, I would have tired of it long ago. The main reason I Like Sims 2 is that is is infinitely adjustable in terms of its look and feel. I remain skeptical of The Sims 3 and will continue to monitor comments from users before I plop down one more dollar to EA Games on this one. I can wait. And I can live without it if it turns out to be a bust.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: