Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 01:34:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Am I really the only one who is looking forward to this?  (Read 26883 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2009, 05:36:33 pm »

Looking at the various screenshots and reading the feedback at MATY I keep getting this feeling that this thing should really be called sims 1.5 A transition between sims 1 and 2.
About the only redeeming feature it does have from my point of view, is the variety of personality traits.
From a gamers point, you're certainly not getting bang for your buck, this is something that could seriously irritate one after only hours of play.
I can't believe they spent 4 years developing this,
Disregard the glitches and mod issue. You have characters that only marginally improve from sims 1 in terms of detail and aesthetics. Their needs appear to decay rapidly so you constantly have to feed and rest them. Micro management is a serious issue,left to their own devices they appear to drop everything and do as they please according to their individual personalities. It looks to me like this rabbit hole thing is actually a last minute correction to keep the system demands down so that it can be played on Granny's computer.
The whole thing really should have had another year or so in the shop being refined instead of being bundled up ad-hock and released to fit to a schedule.
I think for them to call this a progression is an abuse of terms. In most cases it is a step back.
The initial sales will probably be OK. but that's where it will stop. I think many copies of the game will probably start gathering dust after a couple of days and will no doubt discourage many people from buying the next EP.
Once bitten twice shy. This is not the time to start messing with peoples money by passing them some badly constructed C grade game beaten up to be a blockbuster.
This is just my view of it as a gamer. I judge these things by how much fun , interest, enjoyment I get from the things and also if I will play it again. This thing at the moment goes into the same category as Playboy Mansion.A WOFTAM, waste of f------ time and money.
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2009, 06:26:19 pm »

the more i read about the  Sims3 Game the more i want including the expansion packs and stuffpacks that would be coming out as well so let there be sims.

Pierre Wink Grin

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
fornax

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2009, 06:37:54 pm »

Good for you, Pierre1!.  Maybe if EA acquired more and more devoted fans, in spite of what they've become lately, they would eventually start producing Sim games everybody would want again, just like the good old days when they had the real Maxis team.  Too bad so many of us will no longer support them, in my case basically for what they did to the Sim City franchise, and now The Sims.  It was good while it lasted.
beastb4ply

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2009, 06:53:58 pm »

Well I'll be one to say also that I've fallen in love with this game ever since the I got my first Sims game which was the just The Sims when it was just another game I played then when I was bored but now it's a game I can't live without it's like water, When The Sims 2 came out I became obsessed I'm still playing my sims 2 games (I have the whole collection) but when june 2nd comes I bet you it won't take 5 days before I get addicted to The sims 3 and The Sims 3 creators haven't left me dissapointed before I'm pretty sure we have alot to expect from the creators and I'm very excited just hold the case of my pre-ordered Sims 3 box you make think I'm crazy but I've been marking the days on my calendar!!!(maybe I need help)
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2009, 07:17:59 pm »

It's called detox.They mainly cater for celebs. who can't hold their alcohol. but I'm sure they should be able to fit in the odd sims addict.
Simelorian

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2009, 08:40:25 pm »

Well I have now actually had hands on experience with this game and I now HUMBLY state that I was indeed far too optimistic.  Sad

THE GOOD...

I love not having to constantly input cheats to rotate things and place them off of the grid.

I love Create A Style WHEN IT WORKS, I couldn't get it to work on stairs or fences at all and I was like oh NOES! On top of that you can't recolor the hardware on doors separately. I'm sure there are more things it DOESN'T work on. When it did work it took forever for it to change.

The water and sky effects were awesome.

Bikes are cool.

The open neighborhood has potential, but only potential, none of it realized.

THE BAD AND THE UGLY...  angry

The animations are either non-existent (getting in and out of cars) or are crappy (Sims stop for long periods before doing anything).

The Sims are horrendous, I thought that perhaps people were missing parts of CAS but I was wrong, I looked for hours and the tools that were there didn't do too much at all. I would love the weight adjuster if it was more selective and allowed for more tweaking than simple fat and muscle. The Sims look like the spawn of a TS1 Sim and a TS2 townie. The eyes bother more than anything else they're verging on creepy. The voice adjuster is nifty but I don't find it a big plus.

The graphics in most aspects, at least to me, are downgraded or flatline from TS2.

Many objects and clothes bleed through terribly.

Their textures and patterns are mostly terrible.

The lighting sucks.

The UI is confusing, inefficient, crowded and did I say CONFUSING!

Very little music.

Following them to work does indeed SUCK!

The clocks higher speeds are barely higher at all.

Relationships are hard/confusing.

GOOD GOD I COULD GO ON.  Mad2

I only see two glimmers of hope in the end.
1) this is an early BETA (I know it's not likely but you never know)
2) enough people realize how bad this is, boycott it and cause a Batman like reboot to take place resulting in ensuing awesomeness down the road. At the moment I want to go find a torch and pitchfork somewhere and march on EA's headquarters and the creators (DAMN YOU BEN BELL) and skewer their brains for zombie style kabobs . Evil

Now in order to entertain myself for a while I'm going to do a clean TS2 install and start my legacies over. I hope that until EA realizes what the HELL they are doing that TS2 community lives long and prospers. cool

Dawn Approaches
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2009, 08:46:44 pm »

I'm hearing ya, to me they all look like they all have downs syndrome.
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2009, 09:06:34 pm »

me i will still buy the game because i want it since this is my pass time when i don't know what to do and secondly its not to encourage the company thats make the game but because its a choice i made and don't forget that maybe the finish Product that will be in the market June might be more complete than the beta version of the game and Simelorian don't lose hope to fast i will let you know my tough of the game when i get it June 2 and my motto is don't judge a book or a game to quickly the finish version may be more complete than the test version of the game. Wink

Pierre Wink

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
Annie Leduc

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2009, 09:51:46 pm »

ETA: Annie, you have no idea what it's like when I do freak out, so keep that kind of comment to yourself before it hits your keyboard. I find your large type and colour insulting and disrespectful, truth be told. Nobody forced you to read my comments, either. If you don't like what I had to say, grow a thicker skin because not everyone agrees with everyone else 100% of the time. If you take everything personally that is written on the internet, then you must walk around sad a good deal of the time. I just hope that none of you are left let down and ticked off if this thing isn't the Golden Fleece that so many people are thinking it is.

It's not what you said about EA that was bothering me, because truthfully I don't really care about EA. I was under the impression that the last comment of your post was putting down Simelorian. Obviously I was wrong and I apologize if I misunderstood. I don't think anything personal and I welcome any constructive opinions whether I share it or not. Besides, after what I went through in my life, I can certainly say that I have a thick skin. It’s not some game situation that would really affect me. I hear your concerns and I share some with you. I invest a truck load into TS2 and I am worried about the disappointment TS3 could be. Undecided

I'm sorry if the colour offend you, it was not my intention. Purple is my favorite colour and the type was just Italicized. Embarrassed

I ask for forgiveness if my English is not clear. It is not my first language. Wink

aqua-sheep
Plaid Freak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2009, 05:28:31 pm »

Unless it becomes modable, I can see Sim2 outliving Sims 3 LOL

agreed. i'm sticking with sims 2 until i see some darn good sims 3 custom content that i can download right away.
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2009, 11:13:51 am »

Since there has already been so much bad news, here's a good tidbit:   There is already a working test mod at MATY.  So yes there is some light at the end of this tunnel.

Sims by Dasi:

abaris

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2009, 11:44:04 am »

Since there has already been so much bad news, here's a good tidbit:   There is already a working test mod at MATY.  So yes there is some light at the end of this tunnel.

But the question remains if its on the legal side of matters. Otherwise you can only distribute things under the desk in a manner of speaking. According to the community this seems to be the core of the problem.
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2009, 12:14:56 pm »

It is the core of the problem and (imo) a slap in the face to long time simmers/modders/creators.  I mean they took the time to try and make this "unmoddable" & decided on pay only CC.   So much for caring for your loyal fan base.

Who knows though?  Economic times being what they are they might change thier mind...but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting.

Sims by Dasi:

abaris

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2009, 12:46:54 pm »

Who knows though?  Economic times being what they are they might change thier mind...but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting.

Me neither. In general the industry produces more and more what I like to call throwaway games. So instead of making it moddable, they rather discontinue the support if it doesn't sell. I have seen this with a couple of games and it will probably also be EAs approach.
Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2009, 02:29:26 pm »

Has anyone read the new TS3 EULA? From section 3:
3. In exchange for enabling your contribution of content, when you contribute content through the Software, you expressly grant to EA a non‐exclusive, perpetual, fully transferable and sub‐licensable, worldwide, irrevocable right to use, reproduce, modify and create derivative works from, distribute, transmit, broadcast, and publicly display and perform the content, or any portion thereof, in connection with the distribution of such content to other users and potential users of the Software (such as, for example, featuring such content for download in The Sims 3 Launcher) and in the marketing and advertising of the Software, without further notice, payment or attribution to you. You grant EA all licenses, consents and clearances to enable EA to use such content for such purposes.

Does this mean that if a player uploads his/her creation on Exchange EAxis maintains the right to sell his/her creation and do whatever they like with that CC? Because, this is what *I* understand by that statement.

Edit: Find a link to TS3 EULA at Wednesday17's post here: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,103575.msg1530949.html#msg1530949
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 05:08:42 pm by Nalia » Logged

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-- William Shakespeare, "Hamlet" (Act 2, scene 2)
"Yes, Sharing is caring, especially caring for the person you're sharing."  -- AxelVal
I said I Love Yuu not you --Nalia
My LiveJournal
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: