Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 05:50:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where Can I Find Multiple Neighborhoods in One  (Read 3356 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Alexavbriana

View Profile WWW
« on: May 20, 2009, 03:59:59 pm »

I know that there are neighborhoods with all of the neighborhoods put together, but I don't play most of the neighborhoods.  The only neighborhoods I really play are Strangetown, Pleasantview, La Fiesta Tech, and Sim State University.  Is there a neighborhood that only has those four parts?  If so, please tell me.

I tried downloading the Megahood, but ended up with all of the expansion families.  I like the families that just come in the base game bin and the University bin, not the ones that are added with every EP.

Love isn't brains, children, it's blood...blood screaming inside you to work its will.  I may be love's bitch, but at least I'm man enough to admit it.

-Spike, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, "Lovers Walk"
tryclyn

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 04:50:23 pm »

Have you tried empty templates?  http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,13382.0.html
Alexavbriana

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 07:31:43 pm »

I tried empty templates, but the fact is, when you download the Uber-Megahood or the Megahood, the families are already there.  I just want Strangetown, Pleasantview, La Fiesta Tech, and Sim State University.  I want the people already living there (i.e. the Goths, Curious Brothers) and the binned sims (the Singles family, the Goodie family), but none of the NPCs (except Kaylynn because she already has an established relationship with Mr. Pleasant, and the ghosts buried in the Specter and Goth houses).

I downloaded the Megahood and the Uber-Megahood, but they have all of the NPCs, Townies, Downtownies, and the families like the Picasos and Travelers; the families added with each EP.  I just want the core people, preferrably with Strangetown as the main, Pleasantview as the suburb, and the two colleges.  I cleaned up my templates so even if I add on the two colleges, they won't have the people.

Love isn't brains, children, it's blood...blood screaming inside you to work its will.  I may be love's bitch, but at least I'm man enough to admit it.

tryclyn

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 03:21:58 am »

Something like that you may have to merge them yourself.  http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,4480.0.html 

Instead of using the empty templates, use the "cleaned" templates.  When I did my own merge, I used Strangetown as the base and added all the rest as shopping districts.  Since you only want one added it shouldn't be nearly as complicated.  You just have the replace a few names and numbers in the directions and follow closely. 

Oh, and empty templates only work if you put them in before restarting (delete The Sims 2 folder in My Documents - EA Games).
Alexavbriana

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 03:12:47 pm »

Thank you for your help.  I successfully merged my neighborhoods, and it wasn't that hard.

tryclyn

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 09:09:46 pm »

Cool.  When I merged them all it took my a couple of tries because I would skip just one little step and have to start all over.  I did enjoy mixing everybody around, though.  Brandi and one of the Curious brothers ended up very happy together.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: