Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 06:35:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question: uni dormies using beds?  (Read 2436 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
mhbuck21

View Profile
« on: May 22, 2009, 04:16:19 pm »

It's something that's been happening lately in my game... I change the beds of my uni sims (usually for double beds) but lately the dormies seem to be using them to sleep, something I never saw them do before. And I use maxis beds, not custom so it's not that I'm using cc beds or anything.
Has anybody seen that before? I tried searching this topic to see if somebody had posted, but no luck... I keep wondering what could cause this. I've added some cc, but no hacks lately. I have all exps except Pets and AL (but I do have M & G), and I use Inteen.
Mari huh
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 05:41:23 pm »

Could well be related to an inherent feature of the game, rather than something relsated to conflicts among custom content (though would not entirely rule out that possibility).

That is to say that items have an inherent attractiveness value as to choice of use. If there are, for example, two items identical in function available, a Sim will generally (but not always) choose to use the one deemed more attractive.

By attractive, I'm not describing esthetics, but rather the qualities attached to the object itself.

There is a rough (but by no means sole) correlation between the attractivenes of any item and its price (a more expensive version will generally be more attractive to a Sim). But also one has to take into account how strongly any particular item satisfies needs. The environment score of a particular room may also come into play, all other considerations being roughly equal.

Beds, for instance, which have an energy satisfying level of 8 would be more readily chosen for use in preference to beds with an energy level of 1 were both equally accessible and available. Or if there are two beds with equal needs satisfying capabilities available, the more expensive of the two should generally be more likely to be chosen.

If you make every bed in the dorm identical in style (individual bedding can, of course, differ), then probably the dormies will be more likely to be prompted by the game to use the one in their own room.

There are also reservable beds and bed hacks available which you might find helpful at Simlogical:

http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2Pages/Sims2_Sleeping.htm

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 05:44:47 pm »

If you see the dormies using the beds, that means you have them selectable.  Being selectable, the normal dormie rules don't apply to them and you will see them sleep, use the showers more often, do into desperation aspiration, etc.  I believe that if you left them unselectable, then when they disappear into their rooms to "sleep", they are really just standing inside the door.  Going to buy or build mode will show that.
mhbuck21

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 07:53:48 pm »

The problem is that it's the unselected dormie sims that are doing it. I only started using the 'cat' (from Simlogical I want to say, but not sure) to select and play a couple of dormie sims, apart from the controllable ones. But I believe the sleeping thing started before that. It was what attracted my attention since I'd never seen it before, cause they usually went to their individual rooms and stood there (for sleeping, etc. and were only visible in buy/build mode).
I keep thinking it might have started with my using the sim blender (the potted plant) cause the times sort of coincide.
I normally use only one maxis bed to replace the single bed the rooms come with (and only on those I control), it's the cheapest double bed (got lots of recolors for it, can't remember the name right now). I used to put in the lizzlove waterbed but it was so much trouble I had to stop. Even with the attraction way down I couldn't get them to do anything else.

All right, Thanks rwillis and ancienthighway for the ideas. I'll try to catch them at it to see if there is a pattern they're following. When I get something I'll post it here.
Mari Wink
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 08:53:25 pm »

It's the fact that it's a double bed, nothing to do with making sims selectable. I recently had the first double bed in a dorm ever and none of the dormies were selecatable and every man and his dog wanted to sleep in this bed. I had to lock the playable's door in the end because she didn't have a high enough relationship with the dormies to sleep in the bed with all of them (not woo hoo, just sleep! LOL). Could have had something to do with Pescado's nodormieprotect but I think it mostly had to do with the existence of the double bed.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2009, 01:56:58 am »

True, if the double bed is in an unlocked playable's room that happens.  Double bed in the dormie's rooms though?  They don't get used unless the sim is selectable.
mhbuck21

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2009, 02:17:00 pm »

It's the selectable ones that have the double beds, actually. And the unselected ones come and sleep on these at all hours, except when they're already occupied. I do leave the doors unlocked though. I'll lock the doors from now on, to keep them out. I sure had no idea that double beds would be so attractive!!  Cheesy
Thank you all for the suggestions!! Hug2
Mari
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: