Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 08:13:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: need alittle help fixed  (Read 3842 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
milkweed

View Profile
« on: May 26, 2009, 10:47:50 am »

hi i am sorry but i realy dont know i am doing. i am disabled and have a bit of a learning problem its not that i cant learn it just takes me a lot longer to understand.i dont know how to post so i hope i am doing this right and this the right place to post my problem. i dont know very much about computers  i realy just play games on them i cant leave the house much so i play games to give me something to do.and i love the sims, i just got a new computer because my old one was to small this one is a vista and i hate vista by the way. anyway as i said my old one was to small i only had up to pets the rest would not fit so i got this one. i love all the great things people make and i have alot of downloads i am trying to put them in the new computer and thats where i find i have a problem i had a lot of recolored paintings well none of them show up any more most of everything eles is ok but the paintings now new mesh paintings show up just fine,but i would rely like my old one back  they were nice ones. has anyone eles has this problem befor if so what do i do sorry again if i am doing this wrong but i dont know how to find my anwser if someone answers me so could you please <mod edit - don't display personal emails it could present a personal safety issue for you> pm
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 08:20:08 am by milkweed » Logged
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 06:57:29 am »

Please take your email address out of the post. You'll just end up getting spam if you leave it there.

You need to download and install the CEP, aka the Colour Enabler Package from MTS2 for recolours to show up in your game. MTS2 downloading is down at the moment, but the CEP can be found here.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 07:14:34 am »

milkweed I've removed your email address from your post. It's not that it's not allowed however is more of a personal safety issue - you never know who is on the internet

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
milkweed

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 08:11:14 pm »

again i dont know if this is the right way to do this  but here go.frist thank you for your reply but i have cep and as far as i know all my other recoloreds all show up its just my paintings that dont is there something speciel i have to do for them to show up with the newest cep and thank you for removing my e-mail i dont know how to do that if something said remove i am afraid to do that what if i miss ti up i have did that befor i know i have a lot to learn i am trying thanks again
ladymiriam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 04:01:57 am »

Hello there,

This may be a simple suggestion but have you checked all your paintings by clicking on them.  Recolours will only be seen once you click on the painting, for example if the recolour is of Bella Squared the new recolour shows up as an option once that painting is selected by you.  It won't be seen by going through the catalogue.  Apologies if this is simple stuff but sometimes it's those little things we miss.  Good luck

milkweed

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009, 04:49:16 am »

i tryed to send you a pm i dont know if i did it right . but just in case i want to thank you for your response i am not sure if i understand you right or not but i click on every painting in the game because i am not sure witch ones are recolored and all i see is maxis if you mean something eles i didnt understand sorry i am a pain thanks again
ladymiriam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2009, 06:07:51 am »

I think you do understand what I mean.  If you have selected every painting and none of your recolours are showing up then I'm sorry but I dont think I can be of any help.  Something that has happened to me before with paintings is that the maxis one can be overwritten by a new recolour.  In my case the maxis one and all associated recolours disappeared when I put a new set of recolours in.  When that happened all I could use were the new recolours.  It would seem unlikely to affect all your recolours though.  Could there be some kind of hack/download conflict in your game?  Files also get messed up somehow and break. 

I think if I were you I would take everything out my downloads folder, start up the game and disable custom content.  Then quit.  After reinstalling the latest CEP, add only the painting recolours to the downloads folder, start up the game and then enable custom content.  Quit again.  Then start up and go into a lot to see if the recolours are there or not.  If they don't show up, try the process again just to double check.  If they do show up then there was a problem somewhere else in your downloads folder.   

Good luck and I'll check back for your updates.

milkweed

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2009, 07:33:16 am »

oh thank you thank you that did it i can now see my paintings i am so happy.they are even better than i rember  you are the best. Dance

ah dumb quistion Embarrassedi have read a lot of forms and when people get there quistion answerd  i see things like found or solved how do i do that.
ladymiriam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2009, 07:50:20 am »

Oh, I'm so pleased you've found a solution and I was able to help.  You just need to find out which of your other files are causing the problem.  Good luck with that-I've had to do it many times and it's awful.
Perhaps if you can edit your original post you can change the title, and add 'found' or 'resolved' yourself.
Also I did not notice your pm until I read your post so sorry about that.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: