Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 10:07:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Game Crashing! Please Help Me!  (Read 1514 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Glamily
A Tad Bit Glittery

I used to be as mad as a hatter

View Profile
« on: May 26, 2009, 09:58:40 pm »

Ok, So I have a problem with my game angry. I have only the base game, NL and FT installed. I have hairs from raonsims, rose sims, xm sims and mod the sims and clothes from all of them and here. I have inteen and insim. But when I try to load the actual game it doesn't wanna. It gets half way through the loading screen, you know where the words scroll along the bottom? That one, then the screen, goes black and closes. Can someone please help me. If you need any technical things, you'll have to tell me excatly where to find them. I have Windows XP, and no other games installed. Please help.

Edit:

brat1083 recently told me where to find the right things. I think these are them: Genuine Intel(R)CPU   2140 @1.60GHz   1.80GHz, 1.00GB of RAM.. I hope this is right and it helps you help me.. please please please help me!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 10:20:24 pm by R.I.P_Jessica » Logged

No more hiding
Don't be afraid of what's inside
Anytime anybody pulls you down
Anytime anybody says you're not allowed
Just remember you are not alone
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 11:05:23 pm »

First thing to try:

Open My Documents--EA Games--The Sims 2 folder.

Inside you'll see a file named groups.cache.

Delete that file. (Perfectly safe -- the game will auto-generate a new one).

If any of the following files happen to be there as well, delete them as well:

cigen.package
accessory.cache

Then see if the game launches and runs for you.

If yes, then just delete those files from time to time (in my own case, I always delete them every time before launching the game). Those files do get bloated and or corrupted easily, and having the game generate new ones is a Good Thing.

If no, then you have some custom content which is incompatible with your configuration or in conflict with each other and will have to isolate and remoive that custom content.

See here about that:

http://www.insimenator.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=d20ecc8ae65e8ef3c8e261aaa109b81a&topic=105330.msg1532395#new

The link given there may be down right now, so here's a link to a Google cache of that linked page:

http://74.125.155.132/search?q=cache:hBT-T9yqh3gJ:www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php%3Ftitle%3DGame_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content+http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php%3Ftitle%3DGame_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content%23The_50.25_Method&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: